The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You say you're having a debate. Not a thing wrong with that, if that's what one is actually doing. But all you've been doing is posting video after video while ignoring almost every response people here blow holes in them with. How is that a debate?

As the person who stared the thread I start the debate.

I was hoping that every one would view the videos and critique them. Agree with the point made by it or disagree with it an make a case against it.

Are the videos that are being made by flat earth proponents valid or not. And not just because the other view is right so flat earth must be wrong. But where and why are they wrong in how they have come to their belief.

I believe they are making a good case for their view but am I wrong? I'm not wrong about the theory of relativity being irrational and I'm not wrong about multiuniverses being unverifiable. But flat earth has me thinking.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave does not say anything like, "Jesus loves you. Oh, and by the way, the Earth is flat because the bible says so."

He's merely preparing himself for a possible encounter with the issue. He's not one of those who likes to be caught having to say, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Clete

I'm planning on going to Union Square on Sunday and set up my posters. Today is "lots of prayer".

--Dave

musterion

As the person who stared the thread I start the debate.

I was hoping that every one would view the videos and critique them. Agree with the point made by it or disagree with it an make a case against it.

Are the videos that are being made by flat earth proponents valid or not. And not just because the other view is right so flat earth must be wrong. But where and why are they wrong in how they have come to their belief.

I believe they are making a good case for their view but am I wrong? I'm not wrong about the theory of relativity being irrational and I'm not wrong about multiuniverses being unverifiable. But flat earth has me thinking.

--Dave

What difference does Flat Earth or Globe make to the preaching of the only saving Gospel of the grace of God?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What difference does Flat Earth or Globe make to the preaching of the only saving Gospel of the grace of God?

There are Christians in every camp today; flat earth, geocentric, and heliocentric.

This is not about salvation, it's about deception and finding the truth about this. Something I hope we can do.

--Dave

chair

You say you're having a debate. Not a thing wrong with that, if that's what one is actually doing. But all you've been doing is posting video after video while ignoring almost every response people here blow holes in them with. How is that a debate?

Dave is intellectually dishonest, and has been wasting a lot of people's time here. He owes everybody an apology. This "discussion" or "debate" has not been either, and has been of no use in fertilizing my roses either.

By the way, I find his theology site rather weak.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave is intellectually dishonest, and has been wasting a lot of people's time here. He owes everybody an apology. This "discussion" or "debate" has not been either, and has been of no use in fertilizing my roses either.

By the way, I find his theology site rather weak.

Oh Mighty Chair, we honor your majestic powers of thought and insight.

Chair, Chair, Chair, Chair, Chair....:the_wave:

I'm sorry, so sorry, I've been such a fool. :cry:

--Dave :bow:

Derf

Truth is only found in research into all sides of an issue.

Perspiration gets the job done so get to work and do study if you want to know anything that's true.

--Dave

Research is good. Thought is good too. Seeking good counsel is good. Ignoring what other people say--not good.

This thread is meant to be a debate, and to be informative as well, about a subject most of you know very little about. And even that which you think you know is not really true of flat earth anyway.

I am taking the side of flat earth in order to have a debate about cosmology which I think is important to have. Flat earth is the original and first cosmology that was followed by an earth centered universe, then a sun centered universe, to an evolving universe of millions of universes all started with there own big bang. And not to long ago, flat earth resurfaced with a major challenge to all cosmologies with the aid of new powerful cameras that show us "ships" and "cityscapes" well beyond the "curvature" of the earth. We are seeing the sun, moon, and stars unlike what NASA has been showing us. This is why I post all the videos that I think are good ones. Flat earth is primarily a "visual" empirically based argument against the status quo.

In the end I want to know what is and is not true as well, or at least understand this as well as I can. I'm open to flat earth mostly because sun centered universe is no longer the simple God created Copernican Christian model.

--Dave

I'm not sure I believe you, that you really wanted people to critique the videos, as you didn't seem to appreciate the critique of the ice wall picture--you certainly didn't acknowledge anything wrong with it, rather you doubled down on your position.

Here's my critique of your videos: You can fake anything you want in a video. Hollywood does it all the time. In fact, that's the basis for the other side of your thread topic--that the moon landings, especially the videos, were faked.

At this point, if we rely on videos, there's nothing either side can say to convince the other. It's a stalemate. There has to be something else. I think I provided something else, in the Great Circle conversation--that south of the equator there's no way an airline would go further south in the primary flat earth model. Yet they routinely do it. You referred me to "read the thread", but didn't address the point.

Seems like you don't really want to hear the negatives of the flat earth model.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Research is good. Thought is good too. Seeking good counsel is good. Ignoring what other people say--not good.

I'm not sure I believe you, that you really wanted people to critique the videos, as you didn't seem to appreciate the critique of the ice wall picture--you certainly didn't acknowledge anything wrong with it, rather you doubled down on your position.

Here's my critique of your videos: You can fake anything you want in a video. Hollywood does it all the time. In fact, that's the basis for the other side of your thread topic--that the moon landings, especially the videos, were faked.

At this point, if we rely on videos, there's nothing either side can say to convince the other. It's a stalemate. There has to be something else. I think I provided something else, in the Great Circle conversation--that south of the equator there's no way an airline would go further south in the primary flat earth model. Yet they routinely do it. You referred me to "read the thread", but didn't address the point.

Seems like you don't really want to hear the negatives of the flat earth model.

Seems you are only interested in what you want to say on this subject and don't want to respond to what has already been posted.

Air lines only skirt the edge of Antarctica, none fly over the whole thing.

The subject of the exploration of Antarctica includes three people.

Captain James Cook of the British Navy--1700's

Sir James Clark Ross of the British Navy--1800's

Admiral Richard Byrd of the US Navy--1900's

Admiral Byrd's comment's on national TV is the bases for the mystery of Antarctica.

Here is Byrd's interview. He talks about an area beyond the north pole that was unseen and unexplored.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Seems you are only interested in what you want to say on this subject and don't want to respond to what has already been posted.

Air lines only skirt the edge of Antarctica, none fly over the whole thing.

You're missing the point. If the earth is flat, then the airlines are wasting millions of pounds of fuel in flight due to traveling in one long curve, and not in a straight line to their destination. Why would they do?

The subject of the exploration of Antarctica includes three people.

Captain James Cook of the British Navy--1700's

Sir James Clark Ross of the British Navy--1800's

Admiral Richard Byrd of the US Navy--1900's];

So what about Sir Edmund Hillary? Nobu Shirase? Sir Edgeworth David? Robert Falcon Scott? Ronald Amundsen? And Ernest Shackleton?

Admiral Byrd's comment's on national TV is the bases for the mystery of Antarctica.

Here is Byrd's interview. He talks about an area beyond the north pole that was unseen and unexplored.

Wait, "beyond the north pole?" what, is the earth a giant cylinder now?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're missing the point. If the earth is flat, then the airlines are wasting millions of pounds of fuel in flight due to traveling in one long curve, and not in a straight line to their destination. Why would they do?

--Dave
[/QUOTE]

I have already answered that. Air lines fly, routinely, flat earth routes.

There is more than air flights on the issue, move on.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have already answered that. Air lines fly, routinely, flat earth routes.

There is more than air flights on the issue, move on.

--Dave

Refresh your page. I wasn't finished when I first posted my comment. I have since finished it.

And no, they don't, dave. They shouldn't even come near antarctica if the earth is flat, yet you yourself even admitted that they "only skirt the edge" of Antarctica. So you still have to explain why airline companies would fly routes that start by flying south and end by flying north, rather than north then south.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

So what about Sir Edmund Hillary? Nobu Shirase? Sir Edgeworth David? Robert Falcon Scott? Ronald Amundsen? And Ernest Shackleton?

Wait, "beyond the north pole?" what, is the earth a giant cylinder now?

This is not an answer to my post.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.