Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A light in the sky is hardly proof of a galaxy.

--Dave
What do you want, Dave, pictures of people getting their picture taken next to a galaxy?

You do realize that the nearest galaxy to us is 70,000 light-years away, right? (not including our own Milky Way, which has a diameter of 100,000 light-years)

That means that it takes light 70,000 years for light from that galaxy to reach us.

And no, I do NOT believe in the Big Bang or that the universe is millions of years old. I believe that it is young, only 6-10,000 years old. I believe that God stretched out the heavens, like the Bible says He did, literally stretching out the universe, pulling the light from the stars out from them to reach us and other locations in the universe.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I mean this with all respect, but if professional astronomers and scientific evidence is inadmissible... what are you looking for to assure you that we are on an elliptical sphere that is compressed by rapid rotation?

When a Nuclear Ballistic Missile is shot from an SSBN, it exits the water and then ignites. It climbs beyond the earths atmosphere and circumnavigates the globe. The speed that it can traverse the earth and then drop a portion of it's friendly payload on the "unsuspecting" target is directly in step with this model of functioning.

The math and other calculations for this are based on a spherical model and the military has done this in testing.

Do we now believe that the very military is inaccurate in their calculations in a way that yielded a successful result, or "hiding" the true "flat earth" calculations?

I'm being sincere and I'm curious to what your response will be.

- EE

I listened to a gun instructor on a navy ship say they could do "line of sight" targeting up to 30 miles at sea which would be impossible on a curved earth.

You can be as accurate on a flat earth as on a curved one, if not more so.

Jet fighters fly at almost 600 miles an hour at low level, about 6 seconds a mile, and do not see or adjust for a curved ocean.

--Dave

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I listened to a gun instructor on a navy ship say they could do "line of sight" targeting up to 30 miles at sea which would be impossible on a curved earth.

Jet fighters fly at almost 600 miles an hour at low level, about 6 seconds a mile, and do not see or adjust for a curved ocean.

--Dave

That's fair Dave,

But that wasn't my question. I specifically referred to Nuclear Ballistic Missiles that Circumnavigate the globe. In other words... they leave the earths atmosphere.

Is it fair to ask that you provide an answer that addresses my specific question?

- EE

Question Re-Submitted in Spoiler Format.

Spoiler
I mean this with all respect, but if professional astronomers and scientific evidence is inadmissible... what are you looking for to assure you that we are on an elliptical sphere that is compressed by rapid rotation?

When a Nuclear Ballistic Missile is shot from an SSBN, it exits the water and then ignites. It climbs beyond the earths atmosphere and circumnavigates the globe. The speed that it can traverse the earth and then drop a portion of it's friendly payload on the "unsuspecting" target is directly in step with this model of functioning.

The math and other calculations for this are based on a spherical model and the military has done this in testing.

Do we now believe that the very military is inaccurate in their calculations in a way that yielded a successful result, or "hiding" the true "flat earth" calculations?

I'm being sincere and I'm curious to what your response will be.

- EE

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you want, Dave, pictures of people getting their picture taken next to a galaxy?

You do realize that the nearest galaxy to us is 70,000 light-years away, right? (not including our own Milky Way, which has a diameter of 100,000 light-years)

That means that it takes light 70,000 years for light from that galaxy to reach us.

And no, I do NOT believe in the Big Bang or that the universe is millions of years old. I believe that it is young, only 6-10,000 years old. I believe that God stretched out the heavens, like the Bible says He did, literally stretching out the universe, pulling the light from the stars out from them to reach us and other locations in the universe.

I like your view here, I am very much in agreement with it. It's a bit of a "stretch" but Biblically possible, pun intended.

But other galaxies still are imagined, maybe rightly so, but not the product of empirical evidence.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave

Dave, to put that into perspective, on a round earth, a plane traveling at 600 mph would take 44.5 (give or take) hours to circle the earth at the equator (about 24,901 miles in circumference), traveling in a straight line.

Do you really think that such an adjustment would be noticable?

Edit: or necessary, for that matter. If the plane is always flying level, and gravity is always pulling it toward the center of the earth, and it's only moving straight forward, the plane will circle the earth with absolutely no adjustments needing to be made.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat earth people do not believe that stars are giant balls of burning gas that are light years away therefore they can't believe that other galaxies exist either. Remember... the sun is only 3,000 miles above earth and stars are not what we say they are.

Videos like this one are the reason for the doubts about stars.

These you could say are fake, but there are many of them and they do not look at all like what we are shown by NASA.

For you all even a look at this is and making an argument against it is never going to happen because you all do want to be called "crazy".

Flat Earth and the Real Stars

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Videos like this one are the reason for the doubts about stars.

These you could say are fake, but there are many of them and they do not look at all like what we are shown by NASA.

For you all even a look at this is and giving it a making an argument against it is never going to happen because you all do want to be called "crazy".

Flat Earth and the Real Stars

--Dave
Dave, just a quick question:

Do you even own a telescope?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, to put that into perspective, on a round earth, a plane traveling at 600 mph would take 44.5 (give or take) hours to circle the earth at the equator (about 24,901 miles in circumference), traveling in a straight line.

Edit: or necessary, for that matter. If the plane is always flying level, and gravity is always pulling it toward the center of the earth, and it's only moving straight forward, the plane will circle the earth with absolutely no adjustments needing to be made.

No, the earth drops at 8 inch per mile squared, that would be exponentially.

In 60 seconds a jet would see a gradual, but very quick 66 foot drop if it flew straight as the earth curves downward.

View attachment 25579

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, the earth drops at 8 inch per mile squared, that would be exponentially.

In 60 seconds a jet would see a gradual, but very quick 66 foot drop if it flew straight as the earth curves downward.

View attachment 25579

--Dave
Dave, I said a plane. I didn't say spaceship or space ramp. I said plane. If a plane is flying along a straight path along the equator, it's not going to see any drop, because it's not changing it's "attitude," or pitch.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's fair Dave,

But that wasn't my question. I specifically referred to Nuclear Ballistic Misses that Circumnavigate the globe. In other words... they leave the earths atmosphere.

Is it fair to ask that you provide an answer that addresses my specific question?

- EE

Question Re-Submitted in Spoiler Format.

Spoiler

Nuclear missiles would not circle the earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, I said a plane. I didn't say spaceship or space ramp. I said plane. If a plane is flying along a straight path along the equator, it's not going to see any drop, because it's not changing it's "attitude," or pitch.

My comment was on jets, I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but it does not address my point.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Not true, planes cut through the atmosphere and gravity. They cannot both cut through the atmosphere/gravity and be pulled down by it at the same time--illogical.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not true, planes cut through the atmosphere and gravity. They cannot both cut through the atmosphere/gravity and be pulled down by it at the same time--illogical.

--Dave
Dave, for someone who doesn't even think that gravity exists, you sure do have a lot of opinions of how it does NOT work.

If a plane is always level, and gravity is pulling down on it constantly, and it's flying in a straight path, it will always be at the "top" of the "hill" that is the earth's curvature.

Dave, if I push on you from one direction, and pull on you from another, which way do you go? You move in a combination of those two directions. It is NOT illogical for a plane to fly through the atmosphere in one direction, it's wings providing lift in another direction, and gravity pulling it toward the center of the earth's mass.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, for someone who doesn't even think that gravity exists, you sure do have a lot of opinions of how it does NOT work.

If a plane is always level, and gravity is pulling down on it constantly, and it's flying in a straight path, it will always be at the "top" of the "hill" that is the earth's curvature.

Dave, if I push on you from one direction, and pull on you from another, which way do you go? You move in a combination of those two directions. It is NOT illogical for a plane to fly through the atmosphere in one direction, it's wings providing lift in another direction, and gravity pulling it toward the center of the earth's mass.

This is obviously an argument that is inconsistent and contradictory.

--Dave

chair

Dave,

You have chosen not to see. and chosen not to understand.
You don't see that even amateur astronomers see galaxies.
You don't see the sun set
You don't understand what gravity is.

All choices. You are not stupid. You have chosen to be ignorant and blind, in order to protect your core beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.