Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have my answer. The earth and moon are my concern at this time. That you don't really read what I have been saying is becoming quite evident.

That the earth does not rotate as per my last post, the Coriolis Effect, should be a major concern for you.

--Dave

See, there's your problem. You can't just examine the parts you want to examine about a theory. You must examine the entire theory, even if you don't want to. That's how discussion works. You can't just avoid certain aspects of whatever it is you're investigating. You have to consider all sides of the problem.

So I'm going to take your non-answer as a "no, we can't know anything about the stars," or at the very least, an "I don't know." Here's my follow-up question:

If we cannot know things about the stars in the night sky, then why would God Himself describe (with detail far beyond the knowledge of any man at the time) the Belt of Orion as being loosed, AND the Pleiades being bound by chains? Remember, this is in the book of Job, the OLDEST book in the Bible. (Job 38:31, in case you can't remember where the passage is.) Why would God describe am image on a wall as if it were an actual celestial object?

We know for certain that the stars in Orion's belt, that's these three stars here,

8054fb8d633750618f56988e83c9214a.jpg

are moving away from each other. This is a FACT. It has been proven. And it FITS what God says, Can you "loose the Belt of Orion?".

We know for certain that the cluster of the Pleiades, that's this cluster, right here,

3028d6f932cf5cee83cb7c7c585be243.jpg

Is IN FACT gravitationally bound. "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades?" (NKJV uses "cluster", other translations have the word "chains", which is fitting, because it describes how gravity works.)

http://creation.mobi/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere

https://youtu.be/aKREengTldA

And again, I direct you to kgov.com/flat-earth

https://youtu.be/nbGNj4US8ig start at about 11:50

Dave, why, if we can't know anything about the stars in your dome, would God say what he said in Job 38:31?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am answering the question I can and researching at the same time. The flat earth model answer is that the northern star can be viewed below the equator but is not millions of miles away so it cannot be seen from a distance when it is out of sight from to far below the equator.

So you're saying that if we have a strong enough telescope, we would see someone across the ocean, but we can't see, because of distance and angle, the sun or moon, let alone the North Star, when it's not above us?

Dave, how high up off the ground are:
1. The sun?
2. The moon?
3. The North Star?
4. The Southern Cross? (See my above post.)

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
See, there's your problem. You can't just examine the parts you want to examine about a theory. You must examine the entire theory, even if you don't want to. That's how discussion works. You can't just avoid certain aspects of whatever it is you're investigating. You have to consider all sides of the problem.

So I'm going to take your non-answer as a "no, we can't know anything about the stars," or at the very least, an "I don't know." Here's my follow-up question:

If we cannot know things about the stars in the night sky, then why would God Himself describe (with detail far beyond the knowledge of any man at the time) the Belt of Orion as being loosed, AND the Pleiades being bound by chains? Remember, this is in the book of Job, the OLDEST book in the Bible. (Job 38:31, in case you can't remember where the passage is.) Why would God describe am image on a wall as if it were an actual celestial object?

We know for certain that the stars in Orion's belt, that's these three stars here,

8054fb8d633750618f56988e83c9214a.jpg

are moving away from each other. This is a FACT. It has been proven. And it FITS what God says, Can you "loose the Belt of Orion?".

We know for certain that the cluster of the Pleiades, that's this cluster, right here,

3028d6f932cf5cee83cb7c7c585be243.jpg

Is IN FACT gravitationally bound. "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades?" (NKJV uses "cluster", other translations have the word "chains", which is fitting, because it describes how gravity works.)

http://creation.mobi/isaiah-40-22-circle-sphere

https://youtu.be/aKREengTldA

And again, I direct you to kgov.com/flat-earth

https://youtu.be/nbGNj4US8ig start at about 11:50

Dave, why, if we can't know anything about the stars in your dome, would God say what he said in Job 38:31?

You're making good points in support of a globe model but I just don't believe our answer as to the nature of the earth and moon landings are going to be resolved by looking at the stars. I'm not against looking at this later, but can you accept my desire not to be involved with too much at one time.

My post about bullets that don't rotate with the earth must be applied to planes as well don't you think?

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My post about bullets that don't rotate with the earth must be applied to planes as well don't you think?

--Dave

Plane pilots can alter their trajectory, while bullets cannot.

Think of it this way. You're sitting in a boxcar in a train as it's moving at 100 miles per hour, with your super high powered sniper rifle set up, and you're aiming down the scope at a target that's a mile and a half away. (Assume that movement of the earth is irrelevant for a moment) Where are you going to aim? Will you aim directly at the target? Will you aim ahead of the target (towards the front of the train; trailing the target)? Or will you aim in the direction the target is moving (towards the back of the train; called leading the target)?

You would aim towards the back of the train. This is what a sniper has to do every time he makes a long range shot.

For comparison, a sniper bullet travels at about 3400 feet per second, whereas a 757 jet travels at about 774 feet per second.

So to answer your question, yes, pilots do have to take it into consideration, but it doesn't make enough of a difference to matter.

There's really no comparison to be made.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Plane pilots can alter their trajectory, while bullets cannot.

Think of it this way. You're sitting in a boxcar in a train as it's moving at 100 miles per hour, with your super high powered sniper rifle set up, and you're aiming down the scope at a target that's a mile and a half away. (Assume that movement of the earth is irrelevant for a moment) Where are you going to aim? Will you aim directly at the target? Will you aim ahead of the target (towards the front of the train; trailing the target)? Or will you aim in the direction the target is moving (towards the back of the train; called leading the target)?

You would aim towards the back of the train. This is what a sniper has to do every time he makes a long range shot.

For comparison, a sniper bullet travels at about 3400 feet per second, whereas a 757 jet travels at about 774 feet per second.

So to answer your question, yes, pilots do have to take it into consideration, but it doesn't make enough of a difference to matter.

There's really no comparison to be made.

Your a moron, no plane ever adjusts for the rotation of the earth as it lands.

--Dave

gcthomas

--Dave

You seem very sure of that without any evidence. And since you appealed for a proper debate, don't you think that name calling rather undermines you?

For your information, planes do have to adjust for a rotating earth to the tune of maybe half a degree of turn on a five minute landing run. The weathercock stability provided by the tail will automatically correct the heading as the atmosphere is dragged around by the earth
But since the tail projects only upwards then some control inputs will be needed to correct the subsequent roll, although the dihedral wing stability will do part of the job. Since the pilot or autopilot is continually making small control inputs this effect will likely not be noticed by anyone other than a scientist or engineer.

Don't call someone a moron simply because the answer is beyond your comprehension.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I apologise for the comment.

--Dave
Apology accepted.

Maybe you could answer my questions which I asked here?
So you're saying that if we have a strong enough telescope, we would see someone across the ocean, but we can't see, because of distance and angle, the sun or moon, let alone the North Star, when it's not above us?

Dave, how high up off the ground are:
1. The sun?
2. The moon?
3. The North Star?
4. The Southern Cross? (See my above post.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

--Dave

Learn to write properly, DaftDave. You should have stated the following, this way: "You're a moron. No plane ever adjusts for the rotation of the earth, as it lands. Did you successfully graduate elementary school, DD?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Learn to write properly, DaftDave. You should have stated the following, this way: "You're a moron. No plane ever adjusts for the rotation of the earth, as it lands. Did you successfully graduate elementary school, DD?
See my previous comment. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.