Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No one has gone beyond it that we know of. If the government knows they aren't saying.

This ancient map shows this.

View attachment 25227

But I would take this as only speculation not fact.

--Dave
Dave, I've asked this before, and I'm pretty sure I never received an answer...

How do you explain the Global flood?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You and I know what Genesis says, so where are you going with this? I don't answer trick or trap questions.

--Dave
I want to hear how you correlate the verses in the Bible with a flat earth. How you explain different details of the earth. No trickery, I promise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Flat plane vs curvature experiment

Using this picture to determine flatness vs curvature we can further test for an answer by imagining our self traveling in our car from point A, in the picture, to point B, which is 3 miles ahead to where our vanishing point is. If we see flatness from point B to the next 3 mile vanishing point ahead of us, at point C, and if we can look behind us and see the 3 mile vanishing point we came from, at point A, we have established 6 miles with no curvature. If we go 3 more miles from B to C and can look back and see the flatness behind us as well as 3 more miles of flatness ahead of us to point D we have established 9 miles of flat earth.

View attachment 25207

View attachment 25210

From the Pythagorean curvature chart we can see that the curved earth drops 6 feet from point A to point B in 3 miles. The earth drops 24 feet from point A to point C in 6 miles. The earth drops 54 feet from point A to point D in 9 miles.

Do we traveled 9 miles from point A to point D on a flat plane or do we drop 54 feet in 9 miles on a curved earth without realizing or seeing it?

--Dave
Yes, we do because Gravity is vectored radially inward so you experience no sensation of decent because the radial distance between A and D remains constant. You can see this clearly demonstrated at the Great Salt Flats in Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.