The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway System --Link
"The Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway System is a deep draft inland waterway extending 3,700 km (2,340 miles) from the Atlantic Ocean to the the Great Lakes of North America up to the Port of Duluth."

View attachment 25312

Great Lakes --Link
"The Great Lakes form the world's largest body of fresh water and, with their connecting waterways, are also the largest inland water transportation unit in the world."

View attachment 25313

Army Core of Engineers and all map makers show a flat earth, not a curved one, from Lake Superior to the Atlantic Ocean.

View attachment 25314

I grew up at the tip of Lake Superior in Superior Wisconsin. I spent a lot of time on that lake and been through a number of locks, my experience tells me the Great Lakes are flat.

--Dave
Not even worth responding to.

"Your experience"? Really?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not even worth responding to.

"Your experience"? Really?

This is about what we personally can validate and experience and not leave up to so called experts who tell us we can't trust our own senses. We can gather empirical visual evidence for ourselves.

The earth is what we all experience and an 8" to the mile "squared" curvature is not out of any ones reach to test for themselves.

You just have nothing "worthy" to say about the charts, they are accurate, from lake "levels" to sea "level".

All the Great Lakes are "level" because water seeks it's own "level", from a swimming pool, to a pond, to a small lake, and to the largest lakes. This is a fact of physics that everyone intuitively knows to be true. Lakes don't curve in a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 10 miles, or 350 miles (Lake Superior). When you are out in the middle of a lake or the ocean, as you look in all directions, all you see are straight level horizons because the water you are in is "level".

Level has become as "relative" a word as motion for the globe earth model. And to make matters worse, because everything is refracted by light, nothing is really actually where it seems to be.

How ironic that you seem to be absolutely sure about your relativism.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It couldn't be faked if they wanted to fake it for one thing but you're the one making the claim that it's faked. The burden of proof is on you.

A earth cannot be both a round sphere and an oblate spheroid. This, and countless other contradictions from NASA prove they are not telling us the truth about the world.

--Dave

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DFT_Dave,

Hey, you've got to be kidding with this, Dave. Why do you think you see that the moon is round, the sun is round, etc. Do you think all of these, including Earth, are just flat discs?? Saturn also, with rings that circle round it. I really don't know what to tell you, Dave. It's a shame. You had so much promise. A lot going for you. But Satan has weeded his way into your psyche and don't think you're alone. Just please be careful.

May God Bless You & Your Famiy, And Friends,

Michael

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This is about what we personally can validate and experience and not leave up to so called experts who tell us we can't trust our own senses. We can gather empirical visual evidence for ourselves.
If you limit yourself to that then I doubt you'll ever be convinced. The Earth is, in fact, a very large sphere and your senses are not capable of directly sensing curvature (or anything else) on that scale. You're like the ant that insists that the entire world consists of his tunnels and a 300 square foot area of your back yard.

The earth is what we all experience and an 8" to the mile "squared" curvature is not out of any ones reach to test for themselves.
How would you propose to do it?

That is a totally serious question. If you can come up with something that I am both capable of and can afford to do, I'll do it.

You just have nothing "worthy" to say about the charts, they are accurate, from lake "levels" to sea "level".

All the Great Lakes are "level" because water seeks it's own "level", from a swimming pool, to a pond, to a small lake, and to the largest lakes. This is a fact of physics that everyone intuitively knows to be true. Lakes don't curve in a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 10 miles, or 350 miles (Lake Superior). When you are out in the middle of a lake or the ocean, as you look in all directions, all you see are straight level horizons because the water you are in is "level".
The fact that the surface of water is level (neglecting waves) is not disputed by anyone. As I just said a moment ago, your senses are not capable of detecting curvature on that scale. With or without atmospheric lensing, you could not detect the curvature of the Earth by simply looking at the surface of water.

Level has become as "relative" a word as motion for the globe earth model. And to make matters worse, because everything is refracted by light, nothing is really actually where it seems to be.
A well known and very well understood fact of life. No way possible - IT IS NOT AT ALL POSSIBLE - to keep such a colossal lie from being discovered.

How ironic that you seem to be absolutely sure about your relativism.

--Dave
It isn't relativism in the sense you mean it here. The scales involved are not the cause of the distortion nor is there anything inherent about me that is causing a distortion as is the case with Einsteinian style relativism. In this case, it is simply a matter of scale. Your eyes are only about two and a half or three inches apart and, with good eyesight, have a resolution of about 1 arc minute. Something that is 8 inches long that is a mile away would have an angular size of .43 minutes, a little more than half of what your eye can normally resolve. And the closer things get, the worse the issue becomes because the Earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared. So the curvature a quarter mile away isn't 2 inches (8/4=2) it's four times smaller than that! It's only half an inch! The angular size of something .5 inches long at .25 miles away is only .1 arc minutes! No one could resolve that with their naked eye on their best day and thus to us mere mortals, the Earth looks very flat.

I do, however, agree with you that the curvature is not so slight that it cannot be measured. Not only is it measurable, it's information that is easily found and universally excepted by everyone who believes in a spherical Earth. The notion that flat Earthers don't simply go out and do the experiments required to disprove it is rather telling, don't you think? Such an easily debunk conspiracy could not possibly be maintained. And that's just on one tiny details of a web of lies so large and complex that it boggles the mind to even contemplate.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A earth cannot be both a round sphere and an oblate spheroid. This, and countless other contradictions from NASA prove they are not telling us the truth about the world.

--Dave

There is no contradiction. While it is more accurate to call it an oblate spheroid, the terms can be used interchangeably on a practical level because the oblateness is very slight. The Earth is almost perfectly round and, in fact, is close enough to perfectly round that it is perfectly reasonable to call it a sphere. Just like you call baseballs spheres even though they aren't even as perfectly round as the Earth is. The real fact of the matter is that the Earth has all these weird bumps on the surface and so isn't even a perfect oblate spheroid either. Once again, it's all a matter of scale.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no contradiction. While it is more accurate to call it an oblate spheroid, the terms can be used interchangeably on a practical level because the oblateness is very slight. The Earth is almost perfectly round and, in fact, is close enough to perfectly round that it is perfectly reasonable to call it a sphere. Just like you call steal ball bearings spheres even though they aren't even as perfectly round as the Earth is. The real fact of the matter is that the Earth has all these weird bumps on the surface and so isn't even a perfect oblate spheroid either. Once again, it's all a matter of scale.
By Dave's standard the Earth cannot be flat because it has mountains.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Dear DFT_Dave,

Hey, you've got to be kidding with this, Dave. Why do you think you see that the moon is round, the sun is round, etc. Do you think all of these, including Earth, are just flat discs?? Saturn also, with rings that circle round it. I really don't know what to tell you, Dave. It's a shame. You had so much promise. A lot going for you. But Satan has weeded his way into your psyche and don't think you're alone. Just please be careful.

May God Bless You & Your Famiy, And Friends,

Michael

He's just making the arguments, Michael.

He hasn't gone as far over the edge as it seems!

(Flat earth - over the edge - see what I did there?) :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.