The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
iu

Why are only the tops of the tall buildings in Chicago visible from Michigan City, Indiana?

How can we fly from Chile to Australia in 14 hours, but flying from Chicago to Australia takes 18 hours? On a flat earth map, one must fly fairly close to Chicago to get to Australia.

In fact, on a flat earth map, Chile and Australia are about 16,000 miles apart. A plane would have to fly at about 1140 MPH continuously for 14 hours to achieve this. No such plane exists. Even the Concord can only fly 4500 miles before it has to stop.

In short, air travel proves that the world cannot be flat.

The whole airline industry is in on the conspiracy!

Have you ever personally flone from Chile to Australia? How do you know that such a flight even exists, much less how long it takes?

It's all lies. It's government lies spawned from Satan to decieve the world into believing that the Earth is round.

Why? Because Satan is a liar. If you're Satan, you lie. That's what you do!

Light purple is the color of sarcasm - by the way. :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

The whole airline industry is in on the conspiracy!

Have you ever personally flone from Chile to Australia? How do you know that such a flight even exists, much less how long it takes?

It's all lies. It's government lies spawned from Satan to decieve the world into believing that the Earth is round.

Why? Because Satan is a liar. If you're Satan, you lie. That's what you do!

Light purple is the color of sarcasm - by the way. :)
If only there was an actual sarcasm font lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I like the part where the Apollo 13 crew lied about being near death because NASA wanted a ratings boost.

Right, Dave?

The question that no one has made any real attempt to answer is WHY such a lie needed to be told. Where's the motive? Who gives a rip what shape the Earth is? If it's flat or round makes no difference to me. It doesn't affect my faith in God one iota either way. It doesn't change the way I live my life at all. It doesn't alter the way I spend my money nor does it affect the people I associate with personally or professionally. I have spent a lot of time discussing it on this website and watching YouTube videos about it but otherwise, my life is entirely unaffected by the shape of the Earth one way or the other. So where the heck is the motive to spend all the time, money and effort it would take to concoct, implement and perpetuate a centuries-long, worldwide conspiracy of such a meaningless issue?

And if we grant that, regardless of the motive, such a grand conspiracy is even possible to create and maintain, how do we know anything that we think we know? Perhaps it's the bible that's the real conspiracy! How do we know that Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus even existed? In what way can we personally verify the truth claims of the bible? I, for example, haven't seen a single coin that the bible refers too. And even if I had, how do I know where it came from? I didn't dig it out of the ground myself. Maybe it's all a giant conspiracy concocted centuries ago to control and mollify the hoi polloi.

musterion

They probably say the many billions of dollars budgeted for the space race and NASA was reason enough. The whole military industrial complex and all that.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any comments on the videos I posted? You asked questions that these guys answer far better than I can.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The question that no one has made any real attempt to answer is WHY such a lie needed to be told. Where's the motive? Who gives a rip what shape the Earth is? If it's flat or round makes no difference to me. It doesn't affect my faith in God one iota either way. It doesn't change the way I live my life at all. It doesn't alter the way I spend my money nor does it affect the people I associate with personally or professionally. I have spent a lot of time discussing it on this website and watching YouTube videos about it but otherwise, my life is entirely unaffected by the shape of the Earth one way or the other. So where the heck is the motive to spend all the time, money and effort it would take to concoct, implement and perpetuate a centuries-long, worldwide conspiracy of such a meaningless issue?

And if we grant that, regardless of the motive, such a grand conspiracy is even possible to create and maintain, how do we know anything that we think we know? Perhaps it's the bible that's the real conspiracy! How do we know that Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus even existed? In what way can we personally verify the truth claims of the bible? I, for example, haven't seen a single coin that the bible refers too. And even if I had, how do I know where it came from? I didn't dig it out of the ground myself. Maybe it's all a giant conspiracy concocted centuries ago to control and mollify the hoi polloi.

Your argument is non sequitur. We have never seen Jesus, Abraham, etc. but we can "see" the earth, we can "see" that it's not curved, and we can "see" that it's not moving.

We don't have to argue what we can actually "see". We don't have to prove what we see, we must however prove that what we can't see is the opposite of what we do see.

If everyone's experience is the same everywhere on earth, that it looks flat and is stationary means; if all the little pictures are flat and stationary then the big picture is also that it is flat and stationary. The big picture of a globed earth is the opposite of the logical big picture that's consistent with all the little pictures.

Even from a plane the earth appears flat and stationary. The 8 in per mile squared should be easy to see from a plane. The flight time from LA to NY should certainly be quite different if the earth was rotating, but they are not. The only difference is head wind vs tail wind.

"A plane can fly 3000 miles from LA to New York in 5 hours with a tailwind. The return trip into the headwind takes 8 hours."--Link

--Dave

Tattooed Theist

When I first found instagram accounts about flat earth, I honestly thought it was a joke and found it hilarious... Then I realized it's not a joke at all, this fact resulted in horror and sadness for the disillusioned.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I prefer to believe that the Bible says the earth is spherical.

Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Just as a square is not a box, a circle is not a sphere. Both are flat. A tent would be like a dome.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
iu

Why are only the tops of the tall buildings in Chicago visible from Michigan City, Indiana?

How can we fly from Chile to Australia in 14 hours, but flying from Chicago to Australia takes 18 hours? On a flat earth map, one must fly fairly close to Chicago to get to Australia.

In fact, on a flat earth map, Chile and Australia are about 16,000 miles apart. A plane would have to fly at about 1140 MPH continuously for 14 hours to achieve this. No such plane exists. Even the Concord can only fly 4500 miles before it has to stop.

In short, air travel proves that the world cannot be flat.

All of us view the ground rising up as it meets the horizon line of our eye level.

We know that the ground is still level and the road ahead is still the same width even though it appears narrower as it reaches the horizon line.

These people have not gone over a curved earth when comparing in both pics and neither has the land in the background for the same reason.

View attachment 25366

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
They probably say the many billions of dollars budgeted for the space race and NASA was reason enough. The whole military industrial complex and all that.

The spherical Earth conspiracy, if it exists, has been perpetuated for centuries longer than NASA or even the United States of America and dozens of countries have space programs right now, many of whom are enemies of each other in almost every respect. It would seem that the perpetuation of this single lie is the single most unifying issue the world has ever known. Nation after nation comes and goes, trying to kill each other and take their resources and land, yet though the harshest war rages, they remain in lock-step agreement that the world population at large must never know that the Earth is flat and stationary.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
All of us view the ground rising up as it meets the horizon line of our eye level.
This claim has also been repeatedly refuted. The horizon does, in fact, drop with elevation.

We know that the ground is still level and the road ahead is still the same width even though it appears narrower as it reaches the horizon line.
You mean to say that what we see with our eyes isn't always giving us the whole picture? Surely not!

These people have not gone over a curved earth when comparing in both pics and neither has the land in the background for the same reason.

View attachment 25366

--Dave
Yes, they have.

See! I can make naked claims with no argument too!

The fact is that, if the Earth was flat, nothing would ever disappear over the horizon at all. It would start relatively big and easy to see then as it got further away it would all simply rise to eye level and continue to get smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just as a square is not a box, a circle is not a sphere. Both are flat. A tent would be like a dome.

--Dave

Circles are not spheres but spheres are circular and from any vantage point a sphere looks like a circle. It is, therefore not one bit wrong or inaccurate to speak of "the circle of the Earth".

This post of yours is an attack, not just on the intelligence of those who read it but on the whole Christian faith. You are actually making the tacit argument that if the Earth is a sphere, the bible is false.

You will recant that right now, or I'm not even going to entertain this conversation any longer. I will not be party to that level of insanity, even for the sake of argument. No good fruit could possibly come from it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Why would you prefer that?

Why not prefer to believe that the bible simply says what it says and accept that your understanding of the nature of God's world is richer than what is revealed in that one sentence of the bible? The bible does not say that the Earth is a sphere nor does it say that it is a flat disc. Don't attempt to make it say more than it does.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Your argument is non sequitur. We have never seen Jesus, Abraham, etc. but we can "see" the earth, we can "see" that it's not curved, and we can "see" that it's not moving.
For the last time, what we see is not in contradiction to a spherical spinning Earth that orbits the Sun. On the contrary, the Earth is all of those things are else God has made the things in the sky move in just such a way that such a way as to be entirely and perfectly consistent with exactly that.

We don't have to argue what we can actually "see". We don't have to prove what we see, we must however prove that what we can't see is the opposite of what we do see.
It isn't the opposite and it has been proven. It's been proven over and over and over and over again for centuries. Every time there is a Solar or Lunar eclipse that has been predicted down to the minute. Every time you turn on the evening news and see satellite imagery. Every day that passes without the conspiracy blowing apart.

If everyone's experience is the same everywhere on earth, that it looks flat and is stationary means; if all the little pictures are flat and stationary then the big picture is also that it is flat and stationary.
You aren't stupid enough to believe this makes sense. All it means is that everyone perspective is similar.

The big picture of a globed earth is the opposite of the logical big picture that's consistent with all the little pictures.
No, it is not.

Even from a plane the earth appears flat and stationary.
That's because the Earth is huge. I'm sick to death of repeating myself.

The 8 in per mile squared should be easy to see from a plane.
No, it shouldn't.

The flight time from LA to NY should certainly be quite different if the earth was rotating, but they are not.

The only difference is head wind vs tail wind.

"A plane can fly 3000 miles from LA to New York in 5 hours with a tailwind. The return trip into the headwind takes 8 hours."--Link

--Dave
The air speed in both directions is the same, therefore the flight time is the same (neglecting wind direction) because the air is, generally speaking, spinning right along with the surface. Once again, you don't just magically lose the momentum of the Earth's movement just because you aren't touching the surface.

Okay! That's it and that all, Dave! I will only respond to actual counter arguments from this point forward. You can repeat yourself all you like. I'm done with it. This topic is barely worth the time to discuss in the first place. I certainly will not be drug into a context to see who can repeat themselves the most about it.

musterion

Clete is right. Conspiracies only exist where there is potential gain big enough to offset all risk of engaging in the conspiracy. Hundreds of years of colossal unified round earth conspiracy with...what gained from it? Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.