The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, the Berean made a really interesting post about the line of work he is in. What do you think about that?? Seems like you just ignored it and went back to posting videos.

I'd like you to respond to The Berean since it's something he's directly involved in.

If I were you I would value the opinions of folks like him who are more knowledgeable on these topics and deal with it on a day to day basis.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Berean's biography:

Fomer devout atheist but at age 30 God decided I was living in darkness long enough! Have BS Mechanical and BS Manufacturing degrees from Cal Poly State University, Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Defending an argument that has been shown to be wrong is worse than making that argument in the first place. There's no problem with bringing up a topic to discuss, as you did with the original post. But as time goes on, and more and more evidence is brought up that goes against it, and very little evidence is brought up that supports it, then defending it slowly becomes the wrong thing to do. Weighing the evidence is important, which is something I've noticed as this thread grows that you don't seem to know how to do.

I've made this point before, but I'll make it again, in case you've forgotten. In the Bible, God says that to determine a matter, two or three witnesses should be brought for examination. Why does God say two or three? Why not just two, why not just three. It's because you could have evidence that says one thing, and other evidence that says another. Now you have a problem, which one takes precedence? If that's all the evidence you have, then you weigh the evidence you have, and make a decision based on that. But what if you have one piece of really strong evidence that says one thing, and two other pieces of evidence that say the opposite? You weigh the evidence.

You can present all the evidence you could ever dream of in a fair manner, but if you don't weigh the evidence, you risk promoting something that is not true, and denigrating something that is true. In the case of flat earth and it's conspiracies vs globe earth, there can only be one true answer, and it will be a very clear answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
THE most undeniable proof of the Flat Earth SUN!

?v=p_9cFTQg7NE

--Dave

Nikon P900 Footage Proves The Sun Is Within The Flat Earth "Sky Dome" - Venus Is Not A "Planet"

?v=wHqISgc2Yck&t=5s

--Dave

Did you seriously just ignore everything I said about where the sun is predicted to be in each model and how the flat earth model does not match what we see in reality?

Did you seriously just ignore everything I said about how the sun in the globe model matches reality by covering about 50% of the earth with it's light, but that the sun in the flat earth does NOT match reality as it would only cover about 25% of the earth with it's light?

I will state it again:

"Defending a bad argument is worse than making the argument in the first place."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not committed/married to any theory at this time. My life on earth and my home in heaven does not depend on my cosmological preference, and neither does your's.

I don't think anyone here says it does.

All three views, heliocentric, geocentric, flat earth, will be represented when we get there and then we all will know for sure which view was correct.

We can know for sure now, though. Why wait to find out?

I suspect there will be some Calvinists there to despite my objections.

I want both views to be presented and let everyone decide for themselves what they want to believe even if they don't want to make a decision at this time, or at any time.

You should be promoting truth, not lies and deception. That means you should weigh the evidence, compare it with reality, and if it matches up, then promote that.

I also carry three views on the rapture in my head just so I'm ready for what ever one is correct when we get to that point, if I live long enough to see it, or haven't already missed it.

--Dave

Dave, do you not think it possible to know truth? If you do, then don't you think you should figure out what it is? Instead of having multple explanations that may or may not be correct running around in your head?

Do you not think that God would have given us a very clear answer for questions like "When is the Rapture" or "Should you be baptized" in the Bible?

I can assure you, you have not missed the Rapture. It will happen just prior to the Great Trial of Jacob, or the Great Tribulation of Israel. Only God the Father knows when that will come, because He has not yet decided to return yet.

The Berean

Dave, the Berean made a really interesting post about the line of work he is in. What do you think about that?? Seems like you just ignored it and went back to posting videos.

I'd like you to respond to The Berean since it's something he's directly involved in.

If I were you I would value the opinions of folks like him who are more knowledgeable on these topics and deal with it on a day to day basis.

Knight,

I also want to add that geosynchronous telecommunications satellites are incredibly complex engineered machines. Everything about their design and operation is based on the premise that the Earth is spheroid mass (globe). The Earth is not a perfect sphere, it's a bit oblong. Throughout the orbit of the satellite the Earth's gravity affects on the satellite are slightly different. These small differences of gravity perturbs the satellite, which means the satellite starts to tilt and tumble slightly as it moves throughout the orbit. After a while the tilt and tumbling can became quite large if left unchecked. The satellites have sensors and antennas that require extremely precise pointing. If the pointing is slightly off the satellite's performance will decrease dramatically. But we know this so we design mechanisms to counteract the the tilting and tumbling to keep the satellite pointing in the right direction. We use Reaction Wheels that use a gyroscopic effect and small thrusters to keep a satellite pointed in the right direction. This short video shows the concept of the reaction wheel. They show a small cubesat with very small reaction wheels. The reaction wheels on geosynchronous satellite are much, much larger but the principle is identical.

Oh, and our satellites use someting call an Earth Sensor. The Earth Sensor is used to track the CURVATURE of the Earth to help keep the satellite oriented properly.

How Earth Sensors Work

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Knight,

I also want to add that geosynchronous telecommunications are incredibly complex engineered machines. Everything about their design and operation is based on the premise that the Earth is spheroid mass (globe). The Earth is not a perfect sphere, it's a bit oblong. Throughout the orbit of the satellite the Earth's gravity affects on the satellite are slightly different. These small differences of gravity affects perturbs the satellite, which means the satellite starts to tilt and tumble slightly as it moves throughout the orbit. After a while the tilt and tumbling can became quite large if left unchecked. The satellites have sensors and antennas that require extremely precise pointing. If the pointing is slightly off the satellite's performance will decrease dramatically. But we know this so we design mechanisms to counteract the the tilting and tumbling to keep the satellite pointing in the right direction. We use Reaction Wheels that use a gyroscopic effect and small thrusters to keep a satellite pointed in the right direction. This short video shows the concept of the reaction wheel. They show a small cubesat with very small reaction wheels. The reaction wheels on geosynchronous satellite are much, much larger but the principle is identical.

Oh, and our satellites use someting call an Earth Sensor. The Earth Sensor is used to track the CURVATURE of the Earth to help keep the satellite oriented properly.

How Earth Sensors Work
A while back I did ask Dave how GPS worked in the flat earth model. He ignored it completely.

fool

Hall of Fame

The Berean must be part of the Government Conspiracy.
The same one that won't let you go to the South Pole.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A while back I did ask Dave how GPS worked in the flat earth model. He ignored it completely.

After Dave posts his "summary" I plan to go back through the thread and list all the questions that were asked that were ignored or refused an answer and re-ask them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.