Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The sun is too low, too small, and too far away for us to see it once it is passed our horizon line. The ground or oceans block it from view, not a curved earth.

--Dave
The ground or oceans blocking view of the sun IS CONSISTENT WITH A GLOBE, DAVE! Dave, ON A FLAT EARTH, the sun WOULD NEVER BE HIDDEN BY THE GROUND, OR THE OCEANS, OR ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT IT IS, BECAUSE IT'S TOO HIGH ABOVE THE FLAT EARTH. IF THE GROUND OR THE OCEANS BLOCKED THE VIEW OF THE SUN ON THE FLAT EARTH, THE SUN WOULD HAVE TO BE BELOW GROUND.

You are now trying to claim the premises of a globe earth as the premises of a flat earth. That is EXTREMELY dishonest.

WizardofOz

The sun is too low, too small, and too far away for us to see it once it is passed our horizon line.

And in the drone video it would be even further away at the second 'set' in the horizon. If we cannot see it because it is too far away, then going straight up in the air is not going to make it visible.

The ground or oceans block it from view, not a curved earth.

In the drone video, what blocks it from view the first and the second time it sets? :think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yup. They both keep failing to address how, when viewed through a solar filter, the sun stays the exact same size the entire day.
That really isn't s problem for flat earth. It goes below the horizon either way. Millions of people, maybe billions have seen the sun get slightly smaller minutes before it goes down. I suspect other parts of the earth see that more than other places.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
That really isn't s problem for flat earth. It goes below the horizon either way. Millions of people, maybe billions have seen the sun get slightly smaller minutes before it goes down. I suspect other parts of the earth see that more than other places.

I have never seen the sun get smaller. Always bigger.
In fact, it increases to our eye because of atmospheric lensing.
When the moon rises, the same thing. Largest near the horizon.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The ground or oceans blocking view of the sun IS CONSISTENT WITH A GLOBE, DAVE! Dave, ON A FLAT EARTH, the sun WOULD NEVER BE HIDDEN BY THE GROUND, OR THE OCEANS, OR ANYTHING, NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT IT IS, BECAUSE IT'S TOO HIGH ABOVE THE FLAT EARTH. IF THE GROUND OR THE OCEANS BLOCKED THE VIEW OF THE SUN ON THE FLAT EARTH, THE SUN WOULD HAVE TO BE BELOW GROUND.

You are now trying to claim the premises of a globe earth as the premises of a flat earth. That is EXTREMELY dishonest.

Didn't say ground or ocean blocked sun. I said the horizon line that rises to our eye level and the lowness of the sun and the distance away from us blocks the sun from our view.

The sun is too low

and too far away

and the horizon that rises to our eye level

makes the sun unobservable to us on flat earth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, the gaps in the waves in the distance are not observable.

--Dave

Nope. Not unless a rogue wave or a tsunami was coming. Look at the people swimming. The waves are a only a foot or two. Meanwhile, the bottom half of the towers are covered. This would be dozens of feet that is obscured by the dip in the horizon due to the curvature of the earth.

The same effect can be seen here

here

and here

The last one was taken from [MENTION=17501]ok doser[/MENTION]'s post #16

Why can we see the top of these ships but not the bottom?

[url=http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?122230-The-earth-is-flat-and-we-never-went-to-the-moon&p=4884924&viewfull=1#post4884924]@dft_dave never responded to that one...

musterion

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, the gaps in the waves in the distance are not observable.

--Dave
Dave, how tall are the waves?

Does the boat sit on top of the water as it approaches the horizon?

Does the boat go over the horizon or through it?
Depends on the hight of the waves which is why on very calm seas we see the whole sip before it totally disappears. It's also why there is no consistency with these kind of pics and videos. There are also break points where larger waves end and then come to shore very calm.

--Dave
It

Right Divider

Body part
Never said that I tested it. I said dropping one end of a pool by a couple of inches is how you determine what would happen if the earth were curved at 8 inch per mile. Water does not curve or hump, it spreads out to be level and what we see happening if we drop one end a large pool is proof of this.
No Dave, water reacts to ALL of the forces at are applied to it.

Level is another concept that you need to learn more about.

thumbshowmecurve-png.27886

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes you did, you LIAR!

My point does not mean the sun goes underground or under the ocean. I have explained it clearly and put up a video that shows it. We cannot see anything in the far distance that drops below the horizon line of our "eye level". This might be beyond your mental capacity to grasp. I understand the globe earth model and the flat earth model you understand the globe model but you do not understand the flat earth model. You've taken my one sentence out of context, I forgive you.

You have no concept of perspective. As an artist and graphic designer it was one of the first things we were taught in class.

Look out your truck window. You will see the the road before you rise up to you eye level. You're not going uphill, your driving on a flat plane. You can see if there is a hill or not. Your eye level is not the same as someone flying a plane over head. That the pilot sees the ground beneath him rise to his eye level as well means he is also flying over a flat/level/plane.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.