The great Ebola scare of 2014

bybee

You want to send them safely back to their parents...who are living in some of the most hellish, dangerous areas of the hemisphere.

Uh-huuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

I mean to those parents who were taken in by this scam and sent their children thinking they would be safe. Don't always think the worst of me.
I mean well, especially when it comes to the well being children.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ah, gotcha. So you're referring to those fine exemplars of capitalism who pay slave wages to people they treat as slaves, simply because they can...yes, indeed. What should we do with blood-sucking parasites like that who compete in tough markets to earn our business? And what will we, the consumers, do when prices increase once these businessmen can't pay slave wages to their illegal slaves anymore?

Good questions indeed, thanks for clarifying.

Trouble for you, but not an epidemic. I'm not aware of any "rampant diseases" ever spread or attributed to hordes of illegals. Again, if anyone can correct me on this, please do.

Ebola. Chikungunya. Dengue. Norovirus. Hantavirus. Swine flu. Varicella. Variola. The names sound like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. Yet, threats to Americans are real, and escalating by the week. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reported on August 1 that serious diseases are spreading at detention centers for Illegal border crossers. Health care workers and Border Patrol agents, plus their children, have tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), swine flu, chicken pox, lice and scabies. Instead of being quarantined, illegal border crossers are being dispersed rapidly across the U.S., with those of school age being registered in public schools opening soon for all.
read more here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...a-and-global-array-of-viral-illnesses-124329/

Now think of all those who arent quarantined, and who we dont know about.

We get notices all the time from the local schools of issues caused by illegal children. School is about to start again.

Granite

Hall of Fame
read more here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...a-and-global-array-of-viral-illnesses-124329/

Now think of all those who arent quarantined, and who we dont know about.

We get notices all the time from the local schools of issues caused by illegal children. School is about to start again.

Yes. Potential threats...that are being dealt with. Unfortunately this is the situation we're in now--so what's the proposed fix to this, other than dealing with it the way we do now (i.e., case by case basis once sickness is discovered)?

Again: I'm not aware of any pandemic, epidemic, or even widespread wave of sickness ever caused by illegals. Not once. For all the talk of "rampant diseases" so far we still, over the decades, have isolated cases...which is exactly what you'd expect, given the numbers.

Where would the money come from? Who's paying for this? What would we be willing to do without, or pay more for? It's not just as easy as "well, just quarantine them." I wish it were.

Back to my question about those capitalists who exploit illegals: What would you do with such cretins, exactly?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes. Potential threats...that are being dealt with. Unfortunately this is the situation we're in now--so what's the proposed fix to this, other than dealing with it the way we do now (i.e., case by case basis once sickness is discovered)?

Again: I'm not aware of any pandemic, epidemic, or even widespread wave of sickness ever caused by illegals. Not once. For all the talk of "rampant diseases" so far we still, over the decades, have isolated cases...which is exactly what you'd expect, given the numbers.

Where would the money come from? Who's paying for this? What would we be willing to do without, or pay more for? It's not just as easy as "well, just quarantine them." I wish it were.

Back to my question about those capitalists who exploit illegals: What would you do with such cretins, exactly?

Its not 'potential', move to a border state and enjoy some of the reality.

If they were legal, they would be paying taxes too and their children would need to be immunized just like american children are required to be at public schools.

I would put those who take advantage of others in illegal ways in jail. They are criminals too.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I mean to those parents who were taken in by this scam and sent their children thinking they would be safe. Don't always think the worst of me.
I mean well, especially when it comes to the well being children.

But they are safer here. Even in the rotten circumstances in which they're held, it beats Guatemala, or Honduras.

IMJerusha

You want to send them safely back to their parents...who are living in some of the most hellish, dangerous areas of the hemisphere.

Yes, actually, I think we should. I would prefer we take care of our own homeless and orphaned children and our homeless adults as well. I don't think we are responsible for the ills of other nations nor can we be anything other than hypocrites for keeping and caring for illegal aliens before our own citizens. But if we do keep them and care for them, I believe our government has the responsibility to keep the names of the parents of each child and never permit them entry to the US. Adoptions should be set up and files closed as the parents gave up their right to be parents. No one should be permitted to use their child/children as an access to America tool. That's despicable.

journey

All current illegals? Dreamers as well?

Have you considered the cost, logistics, and potential abuse of government power inherent to such a massive operation?

It would be cheaper than the resources they use that we pay for (i.e. schools, healthcare, welfare, etc., etc.). They are here illegally, so the government has every right to deport them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It would be cheaper than the resources they use that we pay for (i.e. schools, healthcare, welfare, etc., etc.). They are here illegally, so the government has every right to deport them.

So:

a) millions of adults, assuming we can find them
b) millions of children, many of whom were actually born here

This would require a police state, not that we don't already have one. But it'd exacerbate the abuse of power we're already dealing with, to say nothing of the simple humanistic fact that you'd be ripping apart the lives of millions of people.

I don't understand the vicious, callous, hard-hearted, money-grubbing depravity behind this thinking. What kind of bastardized Christianity do you practice that would lead you to believe this is the best course of action?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ebola, Ebola, Ebola. That's all anyone talks about anymore.

Here are some questions I have about the current Ebola breakout.

- Is a disease that has only affected 1,400 in the entire world something the average person needs to be concerned about?

- Assuming the disease spreads as easily as they say, should we really be bringing Ebola patients to our country for treatment?

- Knowing that we are doing our best to stop Ebola from coming to this country is it wise of us to have our southern border wide-open for anyone who wants to enter?

Yes, we should be concerned, its here:

Dallas hospital diagnoses first patient with Ebola

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed the first case of Ebola in a critically ill patient diagnosed in a U.S. hospital, officials announced Tuesday.

The patient -- who has been isolated since his symptoms were recognized -- is an unnamed man in intensive care at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

Hospital workers noted his case because of his symptoms and recent travel history. It is not known if he has infected others, although CDC officials say his contacts are being traced.

The man left Liberia Sept. 19 and arrived in the USA the next day, but had no symptoms when leaving Africa or arriving here, said Thomas Frieden, CDC director. The patient became sick Sept. 24 and he sought care two days later. He was sent home, but returned to a hospital and was admitted Sept. 28. Frieden did not reveal the man's nationality, but said he came to the USA to visit relatives....
Read more here http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/30/dallas-ebola-patient/16496665/

I wonder how many people he infected after being sent home and who he had contact with out and about?

Sandycane

Yes, we should be concerned, its here:

Dallas hospital diagnoses first patient with Ebola

Read more here http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/30/dallas-ebola-patient/16496665/

I wonder how many people he infected after being sent home and who he had contact with out and about?

Well, thank goodness for Obamacare! Not.

Sooo, if all they needed in Africa to control this epidemic and nip it in the bud was supplies, beds, and doctors we here in the USA have nothing to worry about, right?

We're in deep doo-doo.

From what I understand, this disease is carried by bats and some primates, right? It is spread to humans who either eat fruit that has been munched on by a carrier, or who actually eat the carrier.
As long as these people keep doing this, the "epidemic" will never end.
It's like playing with rabid dogs...

And the fate is the same for all other countries who continue to allow people from Africa to travel to their country.

Seems to me there are three options for the Africans;
1) stop eating the diseased varmints
2) find a way to cure the varmints.
3) find a vaccine, like there is for rabies

Since most Africans live in poverty and their government doesn't give a crap about them, I'd have to say we're all screwed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well, thank goodness for Obamacare! Not.

Sooo, if all they needed in Africa to control this epidemic and nip it in the bud was supplies, beds, and doctors we here in the USA have nothing to worry about, right?

We're in deep doo-doo.

From what I understand, this disease is carried by bats and some primates, right? It is spread to humans who either eat fruit that has been munched on by a carrier, or who actually eat the carrier.
As long as these people keep doing this, the "epidemic" will never end.
It's like playing with rabid dogs...

And the fate is the same for all other countries who continue to allow people from Africa to travel to their country.

Seems to me there are three options for the Africans;
1) stop eating the diseased varmints
2) find a way to cure the varmints.
3) find a vaccine, like there is for rabies

Since most Africans live in poverty and their government doesn't give a crap about them, I'd have to say we're all screwed.

They shouldn't be letting anyone travel in or out of those areas and quarantine the whole place in the meantime.

Sandycane

Heres a movie we can all watch to prepare ourselves:

Outbreak

This movie is TWENTY YEARS OLD.

Was no one in the government paying attention?

You know what though?
I'll bet there are things in test tubes here in the US that are just as deadly... just waiting for an "accident" to happen.
Big Brother has to keep the population under control some way, or other.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This movie is TWENTY YEARS OLD.

Was no one in the government paying attention?

You know what though?
I'll bet there are things in test tubes here in the US that are just as deadly... just waiting for an "accident" to happen.
Big Brother has to keep the population under control some way, or other.

Yes, that movie was made after the last ebola problem, seems no one learned anything.