The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

"When once you grasp the idea of God as a true and loving Father,
Philosophy teaching with meaningless platitudes. Philosophy platitudes is all the UB ever offers. There is no direction. Nothing to help you in your time of trouble or need. Nothing to connect one to his/her Savior in a meaningful way.
Do you EVER read your book critically? EVER???
the only concept which Jesus ever taught, you must forthwith, in all consistency, utterly abandon all those primitive notions about God as an offended monarch, a stern and all-powerful ruler whose chief delight is to detect his subjects in wrongdoing and to see that they are adequately punished,
Er, cartoonish and run-on sentence. It is a platitude trying to be grandiose and is vulgar. God has all (ALL) rights to His creation. YOU, Joe (Caino) are owned, regardless if you want to be or not. God owns us. We are creatures, creations, owned. EVEN IF (He is not) God were a tyrant, YOU don't get to say anything about it. YOU are a creature. Owned. A creation owned.
unless some being almost equal to himself should volunteer to suffer for them, to die as a substitute and in their stead.
Ah, see? Total disdain for the whole New Testament, not just Paul. It is wicked, brutal, and wrong-headed. It is a creature defiantly inappropriate to his/her Creator.
The whole idea of ransom and atonement is incompatible with the concept of God as it was taught and exemplified by Jesus of Nazareth.
WHO CARES what Sadler thought? Caino of course, but who else? The difference here: I'm not audacious. I KNOW I'm a creature, not a god dictating to God. I'm just a creation. You go ahead and be a god and contend with God whether you are right or wrong, simply because you want to be a god that dictates to God how He should behave before you'll follow Him.
The infinite love of God is not secondary to anything in the divine nature.
I'm convinced most who say stuff like this have a thin veneer of understanding of what love is AND that they themselves are terrible at anything but self-love (arrogance, selfishness).
188:4.9 All this concept of atonement and sacrificial salvation is rooted and grounded in selfishness.
Nope. We love BECAUSE we were first loved by God. It is the reason I think most people who talk like this (if not all of them) are really the egocentric gods of their own making and truly have little love for any but themselves. It is why the UB says "Only natural" so often. It is all geocentricism in the flesh.
Jesus taught that service to one's fellows is the highest concept of the brotherhood of spirit believers.
Like robbing them, stabbing them, ignoring them, passing off false teaching of those who want to be god instead of following the Only God, etc. etc.......
Salvation should be taken for granted by those who believe in the fatherhood of God.
James says: You believe in God? So do demons and they tremble.

The UB is antiChrist and antiBiblical (of course you know the latter is true, but the former also).
The believer's chief concern should not be the selfish desire for personal salvation
Retarded, frankly. Dying and 'wanting to be saved' is NOT selfish. YOU don't know why I'd want to be saved if I were drowning. When was the last time you watched the Coast Guard rescue someone and said "That kid is incredibly selfish!!!"

Not only retarded, inappropriate, presumptuous, and DEFINITELY not from God or any of His messengers. Do you EVER THINK CRITICALLY when reading your awful book, Joe???
but rather the unselfish urge to love and, therefore, serve one's fellows even as Jesus loved and served mortal men.
You'll never but reach a platitude of this. There is no way, in the flesh, anybody is going to love sacrificially. Only people who really do think of others before themselves will/can love another. Only new creations love this way. Paul said 'possibly' a man would die for another, if they were good, but not for the wicked and enemy. Your book never touches on that, which is why I call them pointless platitudes. It NEVER gets down to the nitty gritty of life, just gives empty words and meaningless pointless philosophies.
188:4.10 Neither do genuine believers trouble themselves so much about the future punishment of sin.
No I don't trouble myself except for YOUR future. I'm in Christ. I literally have Him with me and it is confirmed in scripture how I'd know. You have no such assurance.
The real believer is only concerned about present separation from God.
Good grief. This poor author just said that such ideas were 'selfish' and in the next breath indulges them! THINK CRITICALLY, CAINO!
True, wise fathers may chasten their sons, but they do all this in love and for corrective purposes. They do not punish in anger, neither do they chastise in retribution.
Assumes that there are no 'wolves.'
188:4.11 Even if God were the stern and legal monarch of a universe in which justice ruled supreme, he certainly would not be satisfied with the childish scheme of substituting an innocent sufferer for a guilty offender." UB 1955
Says the guy (Sadler and his friend who was so lazy he couldn't get out of bed for a year). Who cares what either of them think? I JUST proved the UB isn't from God just above.

God CANNOT have murdering, robbing, abuse, harm, or any other wickedness in His presence. Your book lays down a slap on the wrist as if God is wicked for addressing sin and is 'cruel' for doing so : Plain: It is childish rationalizing, Caino. Grow up and learn to think critically. It is time.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Course" but who cares if God is misrepresented by bad grammar, let alone human and fleshly considerations and rationalizations???

And yes, of course I'd say that the UB is grammatically subpar. IS it a wonder that Joe doesn't know grammar very well either? 🤔 YOU literally MUST rely on me for proper grammatical understanding. Doing this on 'your own' is more often wrong than right. Who cares if you 'feel good about' being in ignorance? Such isn't right nor true, is it? The question: Do you want truth, or just to 'feel good about what Joe wants??' When did you become your own god?

Incorrect. It was like fat-kids camp. You don't have them jumping righteous hurdles of great height. You have them doing tires. THINK when you read the Old Testament, Joe! I don't like how bad it was back then, but I'm not Jewish. I didn't live through all that. I don't live in Jerusalem today, having to face all the same difficulties either. It is a scapegoat and non sequitur. I'd simply say walk a mile in another's shoes like I do and have done. It'll make you less judgmental and more understanding and less of a TOL troll.

Joe (a.k.a. Cain-o): THINK critically when reading your chosen book AND reading the Bible. Every atheist website out there that tries to find issue with the Old Testament is a reading comprehension fail and NO DESIRE to grasp and You too, among atheists. I've little in common with Atheists. You? A bit more. Atheists are in the flesh, denying His Spirit. Follow truth and follow God. As to grammar, I'm better than you. You SHOULD listen to people that can teach you and show you where you are wrong. Be the bigger man.
Karen, I realize that you have a need to feel like the smartest they/them in the room, but an average person can see the atrocities in the Old Testament. Families loved each other and their children like they do today. The things they had most to fear were Israelites slaughtering people and taking all their stuff!!
You actually have a lot in common with Atheist, you both have an EGO to defend. But at least Atheist have the freedom of thought, you have to lie about your secret doubts.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Philosophy teaching with meaningless platitudes. Philosophy platitudes is all the UB ever offers. There is no direction. Nothing to help you in your time of trouble or need. Nothing to connect one to his/her Savior in a meaningful way.
Do you EVER read your book critically? EVER???

Er, cartoonish and run-on sentence. It is a platitude trying to be grandiose and is vulgar. God has all (ALL) rights to His creation. YOU, Joe (Caino) are owned, regardless if you want to be or not. God owns us. We are creatures, creations, owned. EVEN IF (He is not) God were a tyrant, YOU don't get to say anything about it. YOU are a creature. Owned. A creation owned.

Ah, see? Total disdain for the whole New Testament, not just Paul. It is wicked, brutal, and wrong-headed. It is a creature defiantly inappropriate to his/her Creator.

WHO CARES what Sadler thought? Caino of course, but who else? The difference here: I'm not audacious. I KNOW I'm a creature, not a god dictating to God. I'm just a creation. You go ahead and be a god and contend with God whether you are right or wrong, simply because you want to be a god that dictates to God how He should behave before you'll follow Him.

I'm convinced most who say stuff like this have a thin veneer of understanding of what love is AND that they themselves are terrible at anything but self-love (arrogance, selfishness).

Nope. We love BECAUSE we were first loved by God. It is the reason I think most people who talk like this (if not all of them) are really the egocentric gods of their own making and truly have little love for any but themselves. It is why the UB says "Only natural" so often. It is all geocentricism in the flesh.

Like robbing them, stabbing them, ignoring them, passing off false teaching of those who want to be god instead of following the Only God, etc. etc.......

James says: You believe in God? So do demons and they tremble.

The UB is antiChrist and antiBiblical (of course you know the latter is true, but the former also).

Retarded, frankly. Dying and 'wanting to be saved' is NOT selfish. YOU don't know why I'd want to be saved if I were drowning. When was the last time you watched the Coast Guard rescue someone and said "That kid is incredibly selfish!!!"

Not only retarded, inappropriate, presumptuous, and DEFINITELY not from God or any of His messengers. Do you EVER THINK CRITICALLY when reading your awful book, Joe???

You'll never but reach a platitude of this. There is no way, in the flesh, anybody is going to love sacrificially. Only people who really do think of others before themselves will/can love another. Only new creations love this way. Paul said 'possibly' a man would die for another, if they were good, but not for the wicked and enemy. Your book never touches on that, which is why I call them pointless platitudes. It NEVER gets down to the nitty gritty of life, just gives empty words and meaningless pointless philosophies.

No I don't trouble myself except for YOUR future. I'm in Christ. I literally have Him with me and it is confirmed in scripture how I'd know. You have no such assurance.

Good grief. This poor author just said that such ideas were 'selfish' and in the next breath indulges them! THINK CRITICALLY, CAINO!

Assumes that there are no 'wolves.'

Says the guy (Sadler and his friend who was so lazy he couldn't get out of bed for a year). Who cares what either of them think? I JUST proved the UB isn't from God just above.

God CANNOT have murdering, robbing, abuse, harm, or any other wickedness in His presence. Your book lays down a slap on the wrist as if God is wicked for addressing sin and is 'cruel' for doing so : Plain: It is childish rationalizing, Caino. Grow up and learn to think critically. It is time.
I'm saved and I know it. I don't think much about it actually. The truth is one has to put effort into rejecting salvation.

Jesus revealed the truth that we are all Sons of God, potentially eternal. That was "good news" to people who only knew of a national God created in the image of the men who wrote the scriptures. Jesus taught salvation from self.

But I don't dismiss the NT, it has a lot of good things in it. Its basically Jesus according to Paul and Paul was "sincere".

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Because according to you, God the Son knew the future,

False.

I don't believe that, nor did I say that.

prophesied to his trusted apostles....

Prophecies are just predictions. They're not a telling of a settled futue.

but God the Father changed the future, changed the plan

No, the plan didn't change. It was simply put on hold. The future doesn't exist yet. You can't change something that doesn't exist.

God chose to do something different than the original plan.

(let him down, leaving his apostles with untrue expectations because they trusted the word of the Son).

Not at all.

You've painted yourself into quite a corner there.

rgb(226, 80, 65)]15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.[/COLOR]

Enough with the posturing.

Yesterday it was your ignorant claim that there are no books mentioned in the Old Testament that don't exist anymore.

Wasn't my claim at all.

Now today you've concocted God changing future events after the Son told his apostles something that turned out not to be true ALL because you don't believe (or don't understand) the Son to begin with.

Jeremiah 18.

Read it. Again, if you have to.

Lon

Karen, I realize that you have a need to feel like the smartest they/them in the room,
I don't know if I have a need. With you? Just a fact. Do YOU know why YOU drop down to basal and call me 'Karen?' I do. "Joe?" Not at all a slam. I just realized your name was likely not "Cain-o." It was even more peculiar when I think of who Cain is so I thought I'd call you something LESS derogatory. You? You went for the low bar. Good on you, man of the flesh.
but an average person can see the atrocities in the Old Testament.
Incorrect. An average person will ask his/her pastor. It is only the deluded that decide, then read amateur hour over in the Kelloggs compound. That man was/is you.
Families loved each other and their children like they do today.
No, in fact they offered up their daughters. I'd not. Try again?
The things they had most to fear were Israelites slaughtering people and taking all their stuff!!
Your candy-coated view of history is warped. Again, I'm NOT Jewish. I have no horse in that particular race other than, you know, what is true, and what is made-up.
You actually have a lot in common with Atheist, you both have an EGO to defend.
Er, give me someone that can challenge it. After that, you are the one dictating to God how He 'better be OR ELSE!' That isn't my audacity. It is yours. How are you enjoying your daily banter in the flesh btw? Really making you happy? 🤔 Reread. YOU are the one more often than not attacking me "Joe." : Plain:
But at least Atheist have the freedom of thought, you have to lie about your secret doubts.
Projection? I don't make a god that I want to follow, declare it 'real' and then follow it. THAT is delusion. I deal in things as they actually come. You, Sadler and the lazy prophet? Yeah, rewrote what parts you didn't like all the while robbing from another's story. It is just this bad. You don't see it. Don't want to see it, but it is just this bad. Unlike you, it isn't about banter with me. It is about truth. I know you don't see care or concern in someone telling you what is true, but those ones are actually your best friends with your best intent at heart. You SHOULD listen to them. You don't, and do all this 'attack' and in your mind poorly 'counterattack' where that wasn't the intent. Do you actually think all the folks in this thread are just here to hate on you? Or do you rather suppose they really do want to deal in truths over lies and error? 🤔

Your whole persona is a man-o-the-flesh on TOL. So was Freelight's. It just never came across as loving. It always comes across as offensive, mean-spirited, and wrong for most. In addition, for me, it comes across as Childish and very poor academics as well. At the very worst, it is, according to the Bible, blasphemy, heresy, antichrist and antibiblical.

Honest valuations, yet most in here would rather see you in Christ than following this second-rate subterfuge. Again, above, I showed you it was wrong and couldn't be from God because of it. I showed you that. -Lon

Lon

I'm saved and I know it.
When is the last time God talked with you? When is the last time you found substantiation for it from Him? You don't even need to be 'saved' in your UB.
I don't think much about it actually. The truth is one has to put effort into rejecting salvation.
And are you going to look over at Sadler and the lazy prophet and say: "You lied to me!" God won't buy it. He sent you me, and you rejected.
Jesus revealed the truth that we are all Sons of God, potentially eternal.
Where? Chapter verse and don't give me sleeping lazy-man's poorly written detritus.
That was "good news" to people who only knew of a national God created in the image of the men who wrote the scriptures.
Dumb. Your book literally had to lift from (steal) and rewrite every bit of Jewish and Christian faith. EVERY LAST bit. It is simply this poorly done and transparently so. Do you EVER read your own stuff critically? Do you?
Jesus taught salvation from self.
Oh brother :Z You buy the dumbest lines and most meaningless platitudes of nonsense.
But I don't dismiss the NT
Lie. Yes you do.
it has a lot of good things in it. Its basically Jesus according to Paul and Paul was "sincere".

You ARE going to stand before him for this. Job 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

You have no room for self-delusions and fantasy in His world. You are painting a world all your own making and saying "I'm happy." So and what? Reality is the thing and you aren't living in it. You are living in a very strange odd little world of Kellogg's people who were odd, choosing to live by wives' tales and fantasies.

Job feigned once to answer the Almighty:

Job 40
40 Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said,

2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

3 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

5 Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

6 Then answered the Lord unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

7 Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?

9 Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?

10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.

11 Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.

12 Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.

13 Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.

14 Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Job, after being as audacious as you then replied after several chapters of explaining Himself to a mere creation:

42 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Caino, you need to be humbled by God very God. I'm praying this will happen well before it is too late to give an accounting of yourself.

You are simply this audacious.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught salvation from self.

Oh brother :Z You buy the dumbest lines and most meaningless platitudes of nonsense.

I believe you live in the past where you are limited. Job was a parable adopted by the Israelites.

You would have hated the platitudes of Jesus as well as you don't seem to know a personal God of Love but fear a God of vengeance, tradition, nationalism. Yours is a religion of authority, a religion of the mind, a religion of belief about the past and the vain hope of future vindication.

Salvation from self----->“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

God knows exactly what's in my heart, I've had a relationship with him since my rebirth many years ago. Each day I know the presence of his spirit.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

THE CERTAINTY OF RELIGIOUS FAITH​

102:6.1 The philosophic elimination of religious fear and the steady progress of science add greatly to the mortality of false gods; and even though these casualties of man-made deities may momentarily befog the spiritual vision, they eventually destroy that ignorance and superstition which so long obscured the living God of eternal love. The relation between the creature and the Creator is a living experience, a dynamic religious faith, which is not subject to precise definition. To isolate part of life and call it religion is to disintegrate life and to distort religion. And this is just why the God of worship claims all allegiance or none.

102:6.2 The gods of primitive men may have been no more than shadows of themselves; the living God is the divine light whose interruptions constitute the creation shadows of all space.

102:6.3 The religionist of philosophic attainment has faith in a personal God of personal salvation, something more than a reality, a value, a level of achievement, an exalted process, a transmutation, the ultimate of time-space, an idealization, the personalization of energy, the entity of gravity, a human projection, the idealization of self, nature's upthrust, the inclination to goodness, the forward impulse of evolution, or a sublime hypothesis. The religionist has faith in a God of love. Love is the essence of religion and the wellspring of superior civilization.

102:6.4 Faith transforms the philosophic God of probability into the saving God of certainty in the personal religious experience. Skepticism may challenge the theories of theology, but confidence in the dependability of personal experience affirms the truth of that belief which has grown into faith.

102:6.5 Convictions about God may be arrived at through wise reasoning, but the individual becomes God-knowing only by faith, through personal experience. In much that pertains to life, probability must be reckoned with, but when contacting with cosmic reality, certainty may be experienced when such meanings and values are approached by living faith. The God-knowing soul dares to say, “I know,” even when this knowledge of God is questioned by the unbeliever who denies such certitude because it is not wholly supported by intellectual logic. To every such doubter the believer only replies, “How do you know that I do not know?”

102:6.6 Though reason can always question faith, faith can always supplement both reason and logic. Reason creates the probability which faith can transform into a moral certainty, even a spiritual experience. God is the first truth and the last fact; therefore does all truth take origin in him, while all facts exist relative to him. God is absolute truth. As truth one may know God, but to understand—to explain—God, one must explore the fact of the universe of universes. The vast gulf between the experience of the truth of God and ignorance as to the fact of God can be bridged only by living faith. Reason alone cannot achieve harmony between infinite truth and universal fact.

102:6.7 Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space. The convincing evidence of this spiritual certainty consists in the social fruits of the spirit which such believers, faithers, yield as a result of this genuine spiritual experience. Said Jesus: “If you love your fellows as I have loved you, then shall all men know that you are my disciples.”

102:6.8 To science God is a possibility, to psychology a desirability, to philosophy a probability, to religion a certainty, an actuality of religious experience. Reason demands that a philosophy which cannot find the God of probability should be very respectful of that religious faith which can and does find the God of certitude. Neither should science discount religious experience on grounds of credulity, not so long as it persists in the assumption that man's intellectual and philosophic endowments emerged from increasingly lesser intelligences the further back they go, finally taking origin in primitive life which was utterly devoid of all thinking and feeling.

102:6.9 The facts of evolution must not be arrayed against the truth of the reality of the certainty of the spiritual experience of the religious living of the God-knowing mortal. Intelligent men should cease to reason like children and should attempt to use the consistent logic of adulthood, logic which tolerates the concept of truth alongside the observation of fact. Scientific materialism has gone bankrupt when it persists, in the face of each recurring universe phenomenon, in refunding its current objections by referring what is admittedly higher back into that which is admittedly lower. Consistency demands the recognition of the activities of a purposive Creator.

102:6.10 Organic evolution is a fact; purposive or progressive evolution is a truth which makes consistent the otherwise contradictory phenomena of the ever-ascending achievements of evolution. The higher any scientist progresses in his chosen science, the more will he abandon the theories of materialistic fact in favor of the cosmic truth of the dominance of the Supreme Mind. Materialism cheapens human life; the gospel of Jesus tremendously enhances and supernally exalts every mortal. Mortal existence must be visualized as consisting in the intriguing and fascinating experience of the realization of the reality of the meeting of the human upreach and the divine and saving downreach." UB

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe you live in the past where you are limited.

Even if it weren't false, it's better than living in a fantasy land where anything goes.

Job was a parable adopted by the Israelites.

Nope.

Job (the person) actually existed, and Job (the book) is the history recorded by Moses about him.

You would have hated the platitudes of Jesus

What "platitudes" are you referring to?

as well as you don't seem to know a personal God of Love

You need to get your eyes checked then.

but fear a God of vengeance,

Cannot a God of love also be a vengeful (upon the wicked) God?

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. - Romans 12:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans12:19&version=NKJV

tradition, nationalism.

Whatever these refer to...

Yours is a religion of authority,

Meaning?

a religion of the mind,

Says the one fantasizing...

a religion of belief about the past and the vain hope of future vindication.

Vain?

Only if Christ did not rise from the dead. If He did, then your religion is false because mine is true.

Salvation from self----->“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

More of the same, ripping things out of context...

God knows exactly what's in my heart,

Indeed He does.

And I would imagine He's not pleased by it.

I've had a relationship with him

Whatever you've had a relationship with, it isn't God.

since my rebirth many years ago.

You mean, since your descent into fantasy land?

Each day I know the presence of his spirit.

You might be feeling the presence of a demon. Because it definitely isn't God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Even if it weren't false, it's better than living in a fantasy land where anything goes.

Nope.

Job (the person) actually existed, and Job (the book) is the history recorded by Moses about him.

What "platitudes" are you referring to?

You need to get your eyes checked then.

Cannot a God of love also be a vengeful (upon the wicked) God?

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. - Romans 12:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans12:19&version=NKJV

Whatever these refer to...

Meaning?

Says the one fantasizing...

Vain?

Only if Christ did not rise from the dead. If He did, then your religion is false because mine is true.

More of the same, ripping things out of context...

Indeed He does.

And I would imagine He's not pleased by it.

Whatever you've had a relationship with, it isn't God.

You mean, since your descent into fantasy land?

You might be feeling the presence of a demon. Because it definitely isn't God.
That post was to Lon.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
snicker snicker. The post was probably about the Hindu book of Mormon. the UB
No, it was about the 5th epochal revelation. We are at the beginning of the next age. Much more has been revealed about our universe and the myriad of beings who run it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
snicker snicker. The post was probably about the Hindu book of Mormon. the UB
This explains the 5 different epochal revelations that have occurred over the past 500,000+ years on our world.

"Evolutionary religion is sentimental, not logical. It is man's reaction to belief in a hypothetical ghost-spirit world—the human belief-reflex, excited by the realization and fear of the unknown. Revelatory religion is propounded by the real spiritual world; it is the response of the superintellectual cosmos to the mortal hunger to believe in, and depend upon, the universal Deities. Evolutionary religion pictures the circuitous gropings of humanity in quest of truth; revelatory religion is that very truth.

92:4.4 There have been many events of religious revelation but only five of epochal significance. These were as follows:

1. The Dalamatian teachings. (500,000 B.C.) The true concept of the First Source and Center was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of Prince Caligastia's staff. This expanding revelation of Deity went on for more than three hundred thousand years until it was suddenly terminated by the planetary secession and the disruption of the teaching regime. Except for the work of Van, the influence of the Dalamatian revelation was practically lost to the whole world. Even the Nodites had forgotten this truth by the time of Adam's arrival. Of all who received the teachings of the one hundred, the red men held them longest, but the idea of the Great Spirit was but a hazy concept in Amerindian religion when contact with Christianity greatly clarified and strengthened it.

2. The Edenic teachings. Adam and Eve (38,000+ B.C.) again portrayed the concept of the Father of all to the evolutionary peoples. The disruption of the first Eden halted the course of the Adamic revelation before it had ever fully started. But the aborted teachings of Adam were carried on by the Sethite priests, and some of these truths have never been entirely lost to the world. The entire trend of Levantine religious evolution was modified by the teachings of the Sethites. But by 2500 B.C. mankind had largely lost sight of the revelation sponsored in the days of Eden.

3. Melchizedek of Salem. (1973 B.C.)This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith. He taught trust in the omnipotent beneficence of God and proclaimed that faith was the act by which men earned God's favor. His teachings gradually commingled with the beliefs and practices of various evolutionary religions and finally developed into those theologic systems present on Urantia at the opening of the first millennium after Christ.

4. Jesus of Nazareth. (7 B.C.) Christ Michael presented for the fourth time to Urantia the concept of God as the Universal Father, and this teaching has generally persisted ever since. The essence of his teaching was love and service, the loving worship which a creature son voluntarily gives in recognition of, and response to, the loving ministry of God his Father; the freewill service which such creature sons bestow upon their brethren in the joyous realization that in this service they are likewise serving God the Father.

5. The Urantia Papers. (1955 )The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

Lon

I believe you live in the past where you are limited. Job was a parable adopted by the Israelites.
Er, I live in the Spirit. Trying to antiquate is a strawman.
You would have hated the platitudes of Jesus as well as you don't seem to know a personal God of Love but fear a God of vengeance, tradition, nationalism.
Not a parent, are you? It isn't all lovey-dovey fluff. Your book ONLY deals in fluff and philosophical platitudes, at a third grader level worst of all.
Yours is a religion of authority, a religion of the mind,
Er "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, MIND, and strength. Yours is actually the philosophy book with nothing else. It has no heart. It isn't alive. It isn't real.
a religion of belief about the past and the vain hope of future vindication.
At the end of life, which mantra are you going to recite? Which spirit being are you going to ask to come and get you?
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

See? You AREN'T worried about your sins. You were expecting a slap on the wrist for being an enemy of God. You have "no hope of vindication" and worse, you don't have the Son. 1 John 5:12
And you preach another gospel 'which is no good news at all.' Galatians 1:7-9
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing 1 Corinthians 1:18 but for those who believe, the power of God.

Your message has no power at all. It is nothing but meaningless platitudes AND you are damned for the lie of it and turning people away from the only saving gospel of Jesus Christ.
Salvation from self----->“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
As I've repeatedly told you, you do not know how to read critically and with understanding and prefer the humanistic preschool version of your expectations, because it is all you CAN understand? The message of the cross is foolishness to some and the man without the Spirit CANNOT understand spiritual matters of God.
Matthew 16:25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
God knows exactly what's in my heart, I've had a relationship with him since my rebirth many years ago. Each day I know the presence of his spirit.
Every Mormon, following Joseph Smith raised higher than the Lord Jesus Christ, says the same thing. It doesn't matter who you think you know, it matters if He knows you.
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Romans 8:1-2
8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Your lazy 'prophet' had no stamp of God. No miracles. It steals from a story not its own, then condemns anything but its edited version. There is literally no God in the UB production, just charlatan work and 'what seems better/best to us.'

Jesus WAS a Jew. Jesus AUTHENTICATED the O.T. and read from it. Your book denies Jesus and His power. That, frankly, is damnable. Lies are lies are lies, no matter how much frosting and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bad. I prefer the truth and think critically and well, to grasp what that is. You literally ran to platitudes to sooth your drug scared brain with things you found 'uncomfortable.' I don't care if it is 'uncomfortable.' I care if it is the truth and unlike you, I will not/cannot settle for something so obviously man-made. The platitudes of it do not reach me, are empty, childish, frankly; and meaningless. You post it as if it is something profound. It literally is not. YOU need to start eventually thinking for a change, not running uncritically, to whatever you like. That isn't loving. It isn't good, and it isn't right. All this for YOUR benefit, Caino. Don't feel slighted in the flesh. Your book is all about the flesh and 'what is only natural.' Look to the Spirit and you'll actually find things too wonderful for you and me. -Lon

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, I live in the Spirit. Trying to antiquate is a strawman.

Not a parent, aren't you? It isn't all lovey-dovey fluff. Your book ONLY deals in fluff and philosophical platitudes, at a third grader level worst of all.

Er "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, MIND, and strength. Yours is actually the philosophy book with nothing else. It has no heart. It isn't alive. It isn't real.

At the end of life, which mantra are you going to recite? Which spirit being are you going to ask to come and get you?

See? You AREN'T worried about your sins. You were expecting a slap on the wrist for being an enemy of God. You have "no hope of vindication" and worse, you don't have the Son. 1 John 5:12
And you preach another gospel 'which is no good news at all.' Galatians 1:7-9
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing 1 Corinthians 1:18 but for those who believe, the power of God.

Your message has no power at all. It is nothing but meaningless platitudes AND you are damned for the lie of it and turning people away from the only saving gospel of Jesus Christ.

As I've repeatedly told you, you do not know how to read critically and with understanding and prefer the humanistic preschool version of your expectations, because it is all you CAN understand? The message of the cross is foolishness to some and the man without the Spirit CANNOT understand spiritual matters of God.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Every Mormon, following Joseph Smith raised higher than the Lord Jesus Christ, says the same thing. It doesn't matter who you think you know, it matters if He knows you.

Romans 8:1-2
8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Your lazy 'pro
God does know me and I know him. Jesus knows me, he sent the Urantia Book to us. If you ever read it you would realize how silly you sound.

I never believed some of the things said about God in the Old Testament. Jesus didn’t act anything like this:

Exodus 11
4 So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight(F) I will go throughout Egypt.(G)5 Every firstborn(H) son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill,(I) and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing(J) throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction(K) between Egypt and Israel. 8 All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go,(L) you and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will leave.”(M) Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh.

9 The Lord had said to Moses, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen(N) to you—so that my wonders(O) may be multiplied in Egypt.” 10 Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart,(P) and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.

You lack the courage and critical thinking to defend the character of God, I don’t.

Lon

God does know me and I know him. Jesus knows me, he sent the Urantia Book to us.
LITERALLY, a lie. YOU aren't listening. I know you WANT it to be true but it has NONE (zip,nadda) of the authentication God necessarily gives. Though there is correction in the NT, there is cohesion of the Old and New. Your book? Stomps all over both of them. That is 'a god in your own image,' Caino! YOUR image! Of COURSE 'he' knows you. It is YOU! Your God is YOU!
If you ever read it you would realize how silly you sound.
Why do you insist I've never read it? It is trash.
I never believed some of the things said about God in the Old Testament. Jesus didn’t act anything like this:

Exodus 11
4 So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight(F) I will go throughout Egypt.(G)5 Every firstborn(H) son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill,(I) and all the firstborn of the cattle as well.
Awe, no 'death' in your book. Gotcha. You like things whitewashed. "Whitewashed" Jesus called a 'tomb' Caino. It doesn't matter if it is 'comfortable' for you and makes you 'feel' comfortable: drugs can do the same thing. You only switched from one drug to another.
6 There will be loud wailing(J) throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction(K) between Egypt and Israel. 8 All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go,(L) you and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will leave.”(M) Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh.
You probably knew this, but the UB is universalism. There is LITERALLY no need for instruction, just a Hallmark card, which the UB is. EVERYTHING in the UB is already what "I have." From your book, I'll be dining next life with Hitler, God has no enemies and Satan doesn't even exist, if you follow your crazy book's logic. Sound 'silly?' Nope. I have your book assessed correctly. You are the guy that needs help reading from me, remember?
9 The Lord had said to Moses, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen(N) to you—so that my wonders(O) may be multiplied in Egypt.” 10 Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh, but the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart,(P) and he would not let the Israelites go out of his country.
How did God harden his heart? THINK CRITICALLY, Caino! If you did, you'd never run to second-rate material. You literally ran before you thought critically. GOD HARDENED PHAROAH'S HEART the same way rain will cause somethings to grow and drown others: by the same actions that caused Israel faith.
You lack the courage and critical thinking to defend the character of God, I don’t.
Not at all. I JUST did. YOU ran. YOU did/still do! Do you NOT really see that? Are you so deluded and blind?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
LITERALLY, a lie. YOU aren't listening. I know you WANT it to be true but it has NONE (zip,nadda) of the authentication God necessarily gives. Though there is correction in the NT, there is cohesion of the Old and New. Your book? Stomps all over both of them. That is 'a god in your own image,' Caino! YOUR image! Of COURSE 'he' knows you. It is YOU! Your God is YOU!

Why do you insist I've never read it? It is trash.

Awe, no 'death' in your book. Gotcha. You like things whitewashed. "Whitewashed" Jesus called a 'tomb' Caino. It doesn't matter if it is 'comfortable' for you and makes you 'feel' comfortable: drugs can do the same thing. You only switched from one drug to another.

You probably knew this, but the UB is universalism. There is LITERALLY no need for instruction, just a Hallmark card, which the UB is. EVERYTHING in the UB is already what "I have." From your book, I'll be dining next life with Hitler, God has no enemies and Satan doesn't even exist, if you follow your crazy book's logic. Sound 'silly?' Nope. I have your book assessed correctly. You are the guy that needs help reading from me, remember?

How did God harden his heart? THINK CRITICALLY, Caino! If you did, you'd never run to second-rate material. You literally ran before you thought critically. GOD HARDENED PHAROAH'S HEART the same way rain will cause somethings to grow and drown others: by the same actions that caused Israel faith.

Not at all. I JUST did. YOU ran. YOU did/still do! Do you NOT really see that? Are you so deluded and blind?
Not true again, there is death in the UB, but you talk out of ignorance. Those who don’t survive are destroyed. No hell torture place and certainly no universalism.

says God caused Pharaoh to harden his heart, change his mind. It says God killed a bunch of children.

A critical thinker can conclude that Pharaoh simply changed his mind. Had nothing to do with God getting into his brain.

A critical thinker with any common sense knows that God didn’t kill a bunch of kids just for show.

You confuse critical thinking for makeing bad excuses that may satisfy you in group think but not rational people.

The UB has the entire story of Lucifer, Satan, the prince of this world and other rebels. Lucifer and Satan were taken into custody when Christ was on earth. The Prince is still here but neutered. He will eventually be put on trial and destroyed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.