Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Born Again

Born Again

Jesus of the UB:​

"You find it difficult to receive my message because you would build the new teaching directly upon the old, but I declare that you must be reborn. You must start out afresh as little children and be willing to trust my teaching and believe in God. The new gospel of the kingdom cannot be made to conform to that which is. You have wrong ideas of the Son of Man and his mission on earth. But do not make the mistake of thinking that I have come to set aside the law and the prophets; I have not come to destroy but to fulfill, to enlarge and illuminate. I come not to transgress the law but rather to write these new commandments on the tablets of your hearts.

"I demand of you a righteousness that shall exceed the righteousness of those who seek to obtain the Father's favor by almsgiving, prayer, and fasting. If you would enter the kingdom, you must have a righteousness that consists in love, mercy, and truth — the sincere desire to do the will of my Father in heaven."​

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned

"It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man." UB

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You need not fast while the Bridegroom is with you...there'll be plenty of time for fasting when He is gone. tWINs

"On Tuesday evening Jesus was conducting one of his customary classes of questions and answers when the leader of the six spies said to him: “I was today talking with one of John’s disciples who is here attending upon your teaching, and we were at a loss to understand why you never command your disciples to fast and pray as we Pharisees fast and as John bade his followers.” And Jesus, referring to a statement by John, answered this questioner: “Do the sons of the bridechamber fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as the bridegroom remains with them, they can hardly fast. But the time is coming when the bridegroom shall be taken away, and during those times the children of the bridechamber undoubtedly will fast and pray. To pray is natural for the children of light, but fasting is not a part of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. Be reminded that a wise tailor does not sew a piece of new and unshrunk cloth upon an old garment, lest, when it is wet, it shrink and produce a worse rent. Neither do men put new wine into old wine skins, lest the new wine burst the skins so that both the wine and the skins perish. The wise man puts the new wine into fresh wine skins. Therefore do my disciples show wisdom in that they do not bring too much of the old order over into the new teaching of the gospel of the kingdom. You who have lost your teacher may be justified in fasting for a time. Fasting may be an appropriate part of the law of Moses, but in the coming kingdom the sons of God shall experience freedom from fear and joy in the divine spirit.” And when they heard these words, the disciples of John were comforted while the Pharisees themselves were the more confounded."​

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That's right I forgot the xtra secret and improved teaching...sorry about that. tWINs

errrrm, Bucksplasher? It can’t be a very well kept "secret", it's on the internet, it's free and those of us who have been privileged to receive the latest "good news" are doing our best to get the message out there......and think it no small matter that God has in some way seen fit to present to >you<.

Bucksplasher, why do you think revelation stopped 2,000 years ago? Nearly 50 years after Jesus left John was given yet another great revelation on the island of Patmos some of which survives in “The Book of Revelation”. Why do you, in effect, tell God that he cannot reveal more to this generation that another generation was not prepared to receive?

"And now concerning the travail of Jerusalem, about which I have spoken to you, even this generation will not pass away until my words are fulfilled; but concerning the times of the coming again of the Son of Man, no one in heaven or on earth may presume to speak. But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near."

Caino

bucksplasher

errrrm, Bucksplasher? It can’t be a very well kept "secret", it's on the internet, it's free and those of us who have been privileged to receive the latest "good news" are doing our best to get the message out there......and think it no small matter that God has in some way seen fit to present to >you<.

Bucksplasher, why do you think revelation stopped 2,000 years ago? Nearly 50 years after Jesus left John was given yet another great revelation on the island of Patmos some of which survives in “The Book of Revelation”. Why do you, in effect, tell God that he cannot reveal more to this generation that another generation was not prepared to receive?

"And now concerning the travail of Jerusalem, about which I have spoken to you, even this generation will not pass away until my words are fulfilled; but concerning the times of the coming again of the Son of Man, no one in heaven or on earth may presume to speak. But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near."

Caino

We have "Marion apparitions" supposedly happening even to this day. However the Church puts them to rigid tests to see that already established biblical teachings are not contradicted etc. Your "teachings" would not pass this test and so I reject them as false.

I'm sure most Christian churches agree. If UA is being "pushed" so hard and doesn't seem to be gaining traction doesn't this tell you something?

tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We have "Marion apparitions" supposedly happening even to this day. However the Church puts them to rigid tests to see that already established biblical teachings are not contradicted etc. Your "teachings" would not pass this test and so I reject them as false.

I'm sure most Christian churches agree. If UA is being "pushed" so hard and doesn't seem to be gaining traction doesn't this tell you something?

tWINs

But your wrong, the UB is statistically ahead of where the Christian church was at the same age, 57 years. The Christians were still considered a Jewish cult inside Jerusalem at that age, the UB has 1,000,000+ readers around the world. And frankly, we aren’t in any hurry, Urantia Foundation has taken a deliberate, slow growth approach. The rule of thumb is, if a reader makes (1) quality placement of the book within their lifetime then that’s all that is necessary to prepare for an age to come.

It's sad really that the church thinks for you. With that in mind I'm going to assume that had you been a Jew you would have cast your lot with the same so called "authorities" who rejected Jesus' strange Liberal message.

So going forward I should ask the church what you think.

btw, over the years the Church has indeed change it's positions on a number of things mainly by force of scientific inquiry. To bad for the people who hung their pride on the previous positions as unassailable because the church is somehow divine.

Caino

bucksplasher

But your wrong, the UB is statistically ahead of where the Christian church was at the same age, 57 years. The Christians were still considered a Jewish cult inside Jerusalem at that age, the UB has 1,000,000+ readers around the world. And frankly, we aren’t in any hurry, Urantia Foundation has taken a deliberate, slow growth approach. The rule of thumb is, if a reader makes (1) quality placement of the book within their lifetime then that’s all that is necessary to prepare for an age to come.

It's sad really that the church thinks for you. With that in mind I'm going to assume that had you been a Jew you would have cast your lot with the same so called "authorities" who rejected Jesus' strange Liberal message.

So going forward I should ask the church what you think.

Caino

It appears to me that UA in the writings you've posted more clearly tells you how you are to interpret them by having Jesus actually give His own updated version in His own words.

We stick to the "original" and in some cases come up with your "new" Jesus sayings but are truthful enough to state that they are interpretations and not "actual" sayings of Christ.

tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It appears to me that UA in the writings you've posted more clearly tells you how you are to interpret them by having Jesus actually give His own updated version in His own words.

We stick to the "original" and in some cases come up with your "new" Jesus sayings but are truthful enough to state that they are interpretations and not "actual" sayings of Christ.

tWINs

The revelators of the UB claim that the Jesus papers came from angelic beings who were then present on the earth when Jesus was here, that they have NOW, in this age, been granted permission to tell or retell the story as it actually happened. The 4 gospels were written by men, some who were not directly associated with Jesus but compiled their information second or even third hand many years after the fact.

Do you believe that an angelic being appeared to Mary and told her that she would bear a child of promise? To Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist? That celestial beings appeared to Abraham at the Tree's of Mamree? That a carpenter from Nazareth appeared in the river Jordan (not sponsored by the official Temple authorities) and went on to change the entire Western world?

Then who are >you< to say that the Son of God cannot restate his teachings right now, to this world, in this age? Do you know everything Bucksplasher?

ACTING under the supervision of a commission of twelve members of the United Brotherhood of Urantia Midwayers, conjointly sponsored by the presiding head of our order and the Melchizedek of record, I am the secondary midwayer of onetime attachment to the Apostle Andrew, and I am authorized to place on record the narrative of the life transactions of Jesus of Nazareth as they were observed by my order of earth creatures, and as they were subsequently partially recorded by the human subject of my temporal guardianship. Knowing how his Master so scrupulously avoided leaving written records behind him, Andrew steadfastly refused to multiply copies of his written narrative. A similar attitude on the part of the other apostles of Jesus greatly delayed the writing of the Gospels.

Caino

Aimiel

The revelators of the UB claim that the Jesus papers came from angelic beings who were then present on the earth when Jesus was here, that they have NOW, in this age, been granted permission to tell or retell the story as it actually happened. The 4 gospels were written by men, some who were not directly associated with Jesus but compiled their information second or even third hand many years after the fact.

Do you believe that an angelic being appeared to Mary and told her that she would bear a child of promise? To Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist? That celestial beings appeared to Abraham at the Tree's of Mamree? That a carpenter from Nazareth appeared in the river Jordan (not sponsored by the official Temple authorities) and went on to change the entire Western world?

Then who are >you< to say that the Son of God cannot restate his teachings right now, to this world, in this age? Do you know everything Bucksplasher?
I'd have to say that he's: WISE to state such; since God doesn't violate His Holy Word. Jesus is seated at The Right Hand of The Father until His Body completes the work that He designed for her to do. Once This Gospel of The Kingdom is preached into all the world for all to witness and His Salvation has been offered to everyone, it will be complete. There isn't such a thing as Urantia. It is demonic doctrine, clearly. Anyone with a third-grade education and half-a-brain could figure out that much. :duh:

bucksplasher

ACTING under the supervision of a commission of twelve members of the United Brotherhood of Urantia Midwayers, conjointly sponsored by the presiding head of our order and the Melchizedek of record, I am the secondary midwayer of onetime attachment to the Apostle Andrew, and I am authorized to place on record the narrative of the life transactions of Jesus of Nazareth as they were observed by my order of earth creatures, and as they were subsequently partially recorded by the human subject of my temporal guardianship. Knowing how his Master so scrupulously avoided leaving written records behind him, Andrew steadfastly refused to multiply copies of his written narrative. A similar attitude on the part of the other apostles of Jesus greatly delayed the writing of the Gospels.

Caino

I know what I think and I think you have deluded yourself. tWINs

Aimiel

I agree... The Bible being so self-evident and the UB being so riddled with lies: one must be self-deluded to follow the nonsense in it. :rotfl:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
appreciating truth wherever it is shared.....

appreciating truth wherever it is shared.....

The revelators are paraphrasing words of Jesus as per their own knowledge and understanding, putting such into modern language. Already covered.

How do you know all that is recorded in the gospels are Jesus actual sayings? You dont, you take it by faith. To claim they are inerrant or 'original' is impressive, and while being the traditional rendition or record, there are other non-canonical records that may carry actual teachings or trace-elements of such teaching, as remembered by oral tradition, etc. Still, we can only take the words at face value and their deeper meaning as having any relevance or import for today.

One is free to read the expanded teachings of Jesus paraphrased in Part 4 of the UB for themselves,....take it or leave it. Truth is living, progressive, dynamic, and is 'adapative' to the forms and language of the present time, or whatever time such revelations have come forth, which marks its own signature at any point in time, with respect to eternity.

Teachings upholding only the highest ideals of goodness, truth and beauty stand on their own as God-inspired. A true devotee of God/Christ would naturally promote such principles and committ to practice them. Since the UB upholds these values and expounds upon their meanings, they serve the prospect of true religious endeavor.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
delusions.......

delusions.......

I dont see how respecting a volume of teachings that stand for the highest and best ideals of religious philosophy, morality, ethics and social progress is delusional. If thats the case, you could equally reject these same universal values and morals taught in the structure of your own tradition. You make the mistake of rejecting the form or format that truths come thru...while not respecting the ideals and principles themselves, which are the enduring value of goodness, truth and beauty. Why reject another 'form' or 'venue' which truth is shared, and enjoin it as the collective of God's revelation to man, while assuming that your own cult is the only way to God? Many might find that gesture as 'delusional'.

'God' is not limited to or wholly contained to the RCC or any human organization or denomination....but is original to all, includes all, and transcends all.

pj

bucksplasher

And so I return to a "real life modern problem." What does the "updated" "highest and best ideals of religious philosophy, morality, ethics and social progress" UA have to say in the matter of abortion?

It seems I've asked this before and I think I remember a "gobbledygook" answer that would not appear to be on the "better" level that you posit "tradition bound Catholicism" has authored. Am I delusional?

Caino

BANNED
Banned

“You are commissioned to save men, not to judge them. At the end of your earth life you will all expect mercy; therefore do I require of you during your mortal life that you show mercy to all of your brethren in the flesh. Make not the mistake of trying to pluck a mote out of your brother’s eye when there is a beam in your own eye. Having first cast the beam out of your own eye, you can the better see to cast the mote out of your brother’s eye.

“Discern the truth clearly; live the righteous life fearlessly; and so shall you be my apostles and my Father’s ambassadors. You have heard it said: ‘If the blind lead the blind, they both shall fall into the pit.’ If you would guide others into the kingdom, you must yourselves walk in the clear light of living truth. In all the business of the kingdom I exhort you to show just judgment and keen wisdom. Present not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample your gems under foot and turn to rend you.

“I warn you against false prophets who will come to you in sheep’s clothing, while on the inside they are as ravening wolves. By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree brings forth good fruit, but the corrupt tree bears evil fruit. A good tree cannot yield evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is presently hewn down and cast into the fire. In gaining an entrance into the kingdom of heaven, it is the motive that counts. My Father looks into the hearts of men and judges by their inner longings and their sincere intentions.

“In the great day of the kingdom judgment, many will say to me, ‘Did we not prophesy in your name and by your name do many wonderful works?’ But I will be compelled to say to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me you who are false teachers.’ But every one who hears this charge and sincerely executes his commission to represent me before men even as I have represented my Father to you, shall find an abundant entrance into my service and into the kingdom of the heavenly Father.”

Caino

bucksplasher

“You are commissioned to save men, not to judge them. At the end of your earth life you will all expect mercy; therefore do I require of you during your mortal life that you show mercy to all of your brethren in the flesh. Make not the mistake of trying to pluck a mote out of your brother’s eye when there is a beam in your own eye. Having first cast the beam out of your own eye, you can the better see to cast the mote out of your brother’s eye.

“Discern the truth clearly; live the righteous life fearlessly; and so shall you be my apostles and my Father’s ambassadors. You have heard it said: ‘If the blind lead the blind, they both shall fall into the pit.’ If you would guide others into the kingdom, you must yourselves walk in the clear light of living truth. In all the business of the kingdom I exhort you to show just judgment and keen wisdom. Present not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample your gems under foot and turn to rend you.

“I warn you against false prophets who will come to you in sheep’s clothing, while on the inside they are as ravening wolves. By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree brings forth good fruit, but the corrupt tree bears evil fruit. A good tree cannot yield evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is presently hewn down and cast into the fire. In gaining an entrance into the kingdom of heaven, it is the motive that counts. My Father looks into the hearts of men and judges by their inner longings and their sincere intentions.

“In the great day of the kingdom judgment, many will say to me, ‘Did we not prophesy in your name and by your name do many wonderful works?’ But I will be compelled to say to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me you who are false teachers.’ But every one who hears this charge and sincerely executes his commission to represent me before men even as I have represented my Father to you, shall find an abundant entrance into my service and into the kingdom of the heavenly Father.”

Caino

Does UA prohibit or condemn abortion or not? Catholics in good standing and their Church teachings are against this practice. How say UA's?

It seems the "more enlightened" should have caught up to the "traditional" but maybe I'm too delusional to understand the value of having the young aborted. tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Does UA prohibit or condemn abortion or not? Catholics in good standing and their Church teachings are against this practice. How say UA's?

It seems the "more enlightened" should have caught up to the "traditional" but maybe I'm too delusional to understand the value of having the young aborted. tWINs

The UB does not specifically discus the issue of abortion any more then the Bible. The Dalamatia code of 500,000 years ago contains the following:

(751.4) 66:7.9 1. You shall not fear nor serve any God but the Father of all.

(751.5) 66:7.10 2. You shall not disobey the Father’s Son, the world’s ruler, nor show disrespect to his superhuman associates.

(751.6) 66:7.11 3. You shall not speak a lie when called before the judges of the people.

(751.7) 66:7.12 4. You shall not kill men, women, or children.

(751.8) 66:7.13 5. You shall not steal your neighbor’s goods or cattle.

(751.9) 66:7.14 6. You shall not touch your friend’s wife.

(751.10) 66:7.15 7. You shall not show disrespect to your parents or to the elders of the tribe.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.