The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

God is Spirit (John 4:24)....not 'a' spirit.
God is alcohol then. Unless you care to point to an alternative definition.

Mind is different from the physical chemical elements of the brain, for consciousness is not limited to nor dependent upon matter.
Reference please. And not one to a site of religious woo that cannot define the words it uses.

'Being' is this living awareness that I Am. I exist,...this is the most intimate reality I know.
So what? I exist, as far as Descartes allows me to assume it, and I don't need a whole bunch of pseudolanguage to appreciate it.

God is Light. - 'light' here means 'knowledge, consciousness, awareness'...omniscience.
I see. And there was I thinking you were talking about light.

Consciousness and awareness are virtually the same thing, but they are different from knowledge. Light, as I explained earlier is electromagnetic radiation. You don't actually know what you mean really, do you. This is just emperor's new clothes for the naive and gullible.

All energy has its source in 'God', apart from which nothing could exist. God is the First Source and Center of all reality.
More religious platitudes. Who are you trying to impress with your meaningless words?

Stuart

bucksplasher

Seems

Seems

in "all" the definitions of God I've come across in the last few pages of this thread, that no one has defined God as love.

Is this an oversight or not?

tWINs

Aimiel

I never implied God did not create evil...
Quite true, you simply STATED it: "Understanding and stating the Allness of 'God' does not necessary imply God created 'sin', 'evil', 'harm',...yet such phenomena seems apparent..."

Aimiel

in "all" the definitions of God I've come across in the last few pages of this thread, that no one has defined God as love.
Their focus has been stolen, such that they cannot see Him. He IS love. Every form of love, everything you know of love, every love you've ever felt, every love which has ever been loved... it's Him, working His Love through us. That love we feel is Him in us. It's where He hides. It's His Love which this is all about. It's all about Him.

Aimiel

From Psalm 137 -

4How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

5If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

6If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

7Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

8O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

...and of course this is just one of many.

You must have a very interesting definition of "harmful", Aimiel!
God didn't destroy Sodom and Gommorrah... the sin of the people who lived there did. He withheld it as long as He could. He gives life. Satan takes it away. God is in the blessing business. He is about building the Kingdom. There is a destroyer, but his name is not: "God."

Caino

BANNED
Banned

tWINs

Hi bucksplasher,

So true! Thanks for getting us back on track.

I have argued in the past when discussing God with Atheist or non believers that, If the mechanisms' of a self guided evolution are the only thing that is real, then evolution has contracted the various of "love". I believe this offers great proof of the existence of "super-material reality". In evolution mite does not make right, it makes what is. But the dawn of love began to alter the course of evolution. If there is no mind behind the creation of the universe, behind the creation of mind, then it is purely evolution that has given us the spirit of worship which is universal across all cultures and from the dawn of mind consciousness. So, evolution also thinks there is a God, it evolved religion!

But since you and I are "conscious" of the presence of God, we don't need and convincing argument to believe in the existence of God any more then we need proof of our next door neighbor.

"Finite appreciation of infinite qualities far transcends the logically limited capacities of the creature because of the fact that mortal man is made in the image of God — there lives within him a fragment of infinity. Therefore man’s nearest and dearest approach to God is by and through love, for God is love. And all of such a unique relationship is an actual experience in cosmic sociology, the Creator-creature relationship — the Father-child affection."

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God didn't destroy Sodom and Gommorrah... the sin of the people who lived there did. He withheld it as long as He could. He gives life. Satan takes it away. God is in the blessing business. He is about building the Kingdom. There is a destroyer, but his name is not: "God."

Aimiel,

You believe in (2) Gods, there is only one. Satan dose not now, nor has he ever, had the power that you afford him. Jesus proved that duel-ism was false, that Satan's power is a fear based lie based on a false reverence for his power.

But since your standard reply will be something to the effect that Satan has tricked me, then my point is self evident, you believe in (2) Gods, two powerful, apposing spiritual forces.

Happy Halloween, for every day is halloween for Satan worshipers.

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

If the UB thoroughly discredits the evil ones, then how can it be from the evil ones?

Caino

Last edited:

Aimiel

You believe in (2) Gods, there is only one.
There is only One God, and He is not your new age hippie Jesus. He is The Almighty, The King of the Universe. He is The Judge of the Earth. He sits upon the circle of the earth, which is time. He isn't subject to time or happenstance.
Satan dose not now, nor has he ever, had the power that you afford him.
Satan has power over this earth. Adam gave his authority over this earth to him in The Garden of God. He committed high treason against God when he did and Satan has been more subtle than any other creature and has grown more subtle and sneaky with time and practice. His greatest work is yet to be done. He will fool the whole earth when he rules it as a god. He will incarnate one man and that man will be worshiped by everyone living. Those who will not worship him will be put to death.
Jesus proved that duel-ism was false, that Satan's power is a fear based lie based on a false reverence for his power.
He did nothing of the sort.
But since your standard reply will be something to the effect that Satan has tricked me, then my point is self evident, you believe in (2) Gods, two powerful, apposing spiritual forces.
Satan is a fallen angel. He is only that. He has no power in this earth other than what men give him. His only entry into this earth is the words of men. You give him obeisance when you recite one of his more recent greatest tricks: the Urantia Papers. He speaks through men when they loan their members (mouth) to him.
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."
Jesus used the same Spirit that is in me to drive out demons. Demons exist. They exist today. They are in those who loan themselves to them. They are driven out by God-fearing men like myself. They are exposed when we come on the scene. They cannot withstand The Word of God. They hate The Blood. They tremble at the very sight of Godly men. They love cowering men such as yourself, who hold The Truth in un-righteousness. They use you as puppets. You don't realize though that their only intent is to use you to bring as many as they can into hell with your words and then leave you as roadkill.
If the UB thoroughly discredits the evil ones, then how can it be from the evil ones?
If it did discredit demons or exhalt God, then I'd have no problem with it. It is only lies, though, and opposes everything that's called: "God."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
no more wasting time......

no more wasting time......

More religious platitudes. Who are you trying to impress with your meaningless words?

Certainly not trying to impress you. You have alot to learn. I leave you again with this, and hope my fellow theists will also consider it when dealing with your kind -

Religion must ever be its own critic and judge; it can never be observed, much less understood, from the outside. Your only assurance of a personal God consists in your own insight as to your belief in, and experience with, things spiritual. To all of your fellows who have had a similar experience, no argument about the personality or reality of God is necessary, while to all other men who are not thus sure of God no possible argument could ever be truly convincing.

101:2.14 - UB

You are now on my Ignore list. May Life afford you all it has to offer :wave:

pj

Aimiel

Ha... Freelight putting you on ignore simply means that he knows what you're saying is true, he just doesn't want to deal with his mess or admit that you're right. :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
more on evil

more on evil

Quite true, you simply STATED it: "Understanding and stating the Allness of 'God' does not necessary imply God created 'sin', 'evil', 'harm',...yet such phenomena seems apparent..."

I made my points, - consider terms, meanings and context. You seem you just want to be arrogant and argue. I also shared insights on 'good' and 'evi' from the UB perspective, which are logical...relatively speaking. I mentioned the potential of evil existing because of God's allowance. If you believe God intentionally created evil, you are left with the dilemma how an all-good God would create something foreign to his own nature, which is apparently harmful, among other things. (not to mention that the passage from Isaiah you quoted can be translated variously).

One can assume things, but explaining them is another thing. If you want the UB perspective, I shared my post-link on that earlier Here. We can expand on that if you like. One must also admit that he doesnt know some things, but is speculating or sharing a perspective reflecting his current point of view. Thats all we can share within our limited knowledge. With that, a creative dialogue of exploring insights can ensue. Otherwise, discussion is worthless.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
get over yourself.....

get over yourself.....

Ha... Freelight putting you on ignore simply means that he knows what you're saying is true, he just doesn't want to deal with his mess or admit that you're right. :chuckle:

Hardly. Funny that you appear to be endorsing an atheist of all people. I had enough of his antics and am done with it. Waste of time. You'll be going back on the Iggy list as well, and it has nothing to do with some egoic stance of who is wrong or right (how petty). Its about the ability to conduct a respectful, civil dialogue, sharing viewpoints and perspectives, exploring possibilities. If such cannot be had after adequate attempts,...then discussion is over. You presume alot.

pj

Aimiel

I made my points, - consider terms, meanings and context.
Most of what you say is meaningless or simply drivel.
You seem you just want to be arrogant and argue.
I am pretty pathetic, aren't I?
I also shared insights on 'good' and 'evi' from the UB perspective, which are logical...relatively speaking.
Arguing a side of an issue doesn't make that side any more true, it merely explains ones reasoning for those thoughts being true. I don't agree with most of what you believe.
I mentioned the potential of evil existing because of God's allowance. If you believe God intentionally created evil, you are left with the dilemma how an all-good God would create something foreign to his own nature, which is apparently harmful, among other things. (not to mention that the passage from Isaiah you quoted can be translated variously).
The things God creates don't define Him. He never sinned. He created evil, but never has He done any. It's no dilemma, unless you simply don't understand.
If you want the UB perspective, I shared my post-link on that earlier Here. We can expand on that if you like. One must also admit that he doesnt know some things, but is speculating or sharing a perspective reflecting his current point of view.
I admit: I don't know the lies in the Urantia papers. I don't need to. I can read enough of it to realize that it is nothing but lies. That's all it takes.
Thats all we can share within our limited knowledge.
Beyond having limited knowledge though, you don't have a love for Truth, or you'd love God's Holy Word, not the words of demons.
Funny that you appear to be endorsing an atheist of all people.
If it takes an atheist to get through to you that what you believe is all dregs, then so be it.
You'll be going back on the Iggy list as well, and it has nothing to do with some egoic stance of who is wrong or right (how petty). Its about the ability to conduct a respectful, civil dialogue, sharing viewpoints and perspectives, exploring possibilities. If such cannot be had after adequate attempts,...then discussion is over. You presume alot.
I'm afraid all the presumptions are in your court. You presume that God's Word doesn't mean what It says. You presume that the words of demons are Truth. You presume that others are as ignorant (of God's Word) and as gullible (to the devices of the enemy of your soul) as yourself. They aren't. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am pretty pathetic, aren't I?Arguing a side of an issue doesn't make that side any more true, it merely explains ones reasoning for those thoughts being true. I don't agree with most of what you believe.The things God creates don't define Him. He never sinned. He created evil, but never has He done any. It's no dilemma, unless you simply don't understand.I admit: I don't know the lies in the Urantia papers. I don't need to. I can read enough of it to realize that it is nothing but lies. That's all it takes.Beyond having limited knowledge though, you don't have a love for Truth, or you'd love God's Holy Word, not the words of demons. If it takes an atheist to get through to you that what you believe is all dregs, then so be it.I'm afraid all the presumptions are in your court. You presume that God's Word doesn't mean what It says. You presume that the words of demons are Truth. You presume that others are as ignorant (of God's Word) and as gullible (to the devices of the enemy of your soul) as yourself. They aren't. :duh:

Goodbye :wave:

pj

John Mortimer

But you can't tell me what area of psychiatry does not actually work on that basis, can you.

And that is because you are wrong.

Stuart

I'm sure those who insisted that the Sun orbited the Earth voiced the same sentiments regarding the calendar. The calendar works on the basis of the Sun going around the Earth and the idea that the Earth is the centre of the universe.... but it doesn't mean there is any ultimate reality to the idea.

Psychiatry works equally well on the basis of consciousness creating matter or vice versa. Psychiatry performs a specific function, just like a calendar, and does not have to concern itself with any overarching philosophy of the mind.

Lost Comet

tWINs
Probably an oversight. The UB says "God is love" 14 times. However, according to Aimiel, this must be a lie. ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
love in action......

love in action......

Probably an oversight. The UB says "God is love" 14 times. However, according to Aimiel, this must be a lie. ;)

That God is Love is a given....that being an essential quality of the divine nature. It is the 'glue' so to speak of the gospel of the kingdom, which heralds the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man.

100:4.6 You cannot truly love your fellows by a mere act of the will. Love is only born of thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbor's motives and sentiments. It is not so important to love all men today as it is that each day you learn to love one more human being. If each day or each week you achieve an understanding of one more of your fellows, and if this is the limit of your ability, then you are certainly socializing and truly spiritualizing your personality. Love is infectious, and when human devotion is intelligent and wise, love is more catching than hate. But only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious. If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love , and that would be the realization of the brotherhood of man.

-UB

pj

Stuu

I have argued in the past when discussing God with Atheist or non believers that,
Which god were you discussing?

If the mechanisms' of a self guided evolution are the only thing that is real, then evolution has contracted the various of "love". I believe this offers great proof of the existence of "super-material reality". In evolution mite does not make right, it makes what is. But the dawn of love began to alter the course of evolution.
No, the course of evolution is that which includes love. You are putting the cart before the horse.

If there is no mind behind the creation of the universe, behind the creation of mind, then it is purely evolution that has given us the spirit of worship which is universal across all cultures and from the dawn of mind consciousness.
For all the evolutionary advantages it gave tribal cultures.

So, evolution also thinks there is a God, it evolved religion!
How can evolution think things?

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.