The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ub writer is probably very similar to JZ Knight, who claims to*channel*a 35,000-year-old being called Ramtha the Enlightened One. The school's teachings are based on these channeling sessions. Still unfamiliar spirits either way . it's wise not to tear the bible up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha's_School_of_Enlightenment

List of Jewish Messiah claimants:

Wikipedia

Jewish messiah claimants

In Judaism, "messiah" originally meant a divinely appointed king, such as David, Cyrus the Great[1] or Alexander the Great.[2] Later, especially after the failure of the Hasmonean Kingdom (37 BC) and the Jewish–Roman wars (AD 66-135), the figure of the Jewish Messiah was one who would deliver the Jews from oppression and usher in an Olam Haba ("world to come") or Messianic Age. However the term “false messiah” was largely absent from rabbinic literature. The first mention is in the Sefer Zerubbabel, from the mid-seventh century, which uses the term, mashiah sheker, (“false messiah”).[3] The false messiah is known as Armilus.

Simon of Peraea (c. Unknown – 4 BCE), a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans.[4]

Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BCE – 30 CE), leader of a Jewish sect who was crucified by the Romans at the instigation of Jewish leaders; Jews who believed him to be the Messiah were the first Christians, also known as Jewish Christians.[5] Muslims,[6] Christians[7] and Messianic Jews[8] believe him to be the real Messiah.

Athronges (c. 3 CE),[9] a shepherd turned rebel leader.

Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.

Moses of Crete, who in about 440–470 persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.

Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.

David Alroy, born in Kurdistan, who around 1160 agitated against the caliph before being assassinated.

Moses Botarel of Cisneros, active around 1413; claimed to be a sorcerer able to combine the names of God.

Asher Lämmlein, a German near Venice who proclaimed himself a forerunner of the Messiah in 1502.

David Reubeni (1490–1541?) and Solomon Molcho (1500–1532), messianic adventurers who travelled in Portugal, Italy and Turkey; Molcho, who was a baptised Catholic, was tried by the Inquisition, convicted of apostasy and burned at the stake.

Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676), an Ottoman Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, but then converted to Islam; still has followers today in the Donmeh.

Jacob Querido (?–1690), claimed to be the new incarnation of Sabbatai; later converted to Islam and led the Donmeh.

Miguel Cardoso (1630–1706), another successor of Sabbatai who claimed to be the "Messiah ben Ephraim."

Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750), attained some following amongst former followers of Sabbatai, calling himself the "Messiah ben Joseph."

Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791), who claimed to be the reincarnation of King David and preached a synthesis of Christianity and Judaism.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I mean what I said,...there is no comparison with Ramtha, a spirit-entity speaking thru JZ Knight, giving lectures, etc. and how the Urantia papers came about. The UB did not come thru any modern-day understanding or concept of "channeling". Ramtha's teachings are also different in many ways, than the UBs,...note the UB does not teach 'reincarnation'.

Here are some research links about HOW the UB came about,...while pieces can be shared, the actual 'process' is still a mystery, and there are various accounts and theories. -

See here, here, here, here. There are a few books written too on the UB and its origins, with various speculations. That's why the content itself and its consistency of terms, meanings and values and are to be taken as a cosmological whole. The papers and their systematic thought, philosophy, principles and cosmology are amazingly consistent.
Celestials inspired the koran. Same thing. Forget the links. Spirit beings must be tested and confirmed through the bible. You flunked that. Some are from God, some are not. You mixed them all together not knowing which are from demons.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your memory is pretty poor. Yes, you are allowed to have this thread, BUT

NO - all the rules don't apply here. There's more from moderators. Maybe this will help with your memory:

From Knight:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199805&postcount=6770

January 26th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199785&postcount=6768

January 26th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caino View Post
This is what the UB says about blood sacrifices:

Why are you posting that?

What is the point of posting all of this stuff about the wacky Urantia stuff on TOL?
Like politics, its fair game. People blindly follow trump like guys follows ub. Anything to stir up the truths of the bible and turn them into lies

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
They said Jesus was crazy. His own mother thought he was crazy. The Jews in general hated and still hate Jesus for blasphemy based in their scripture. The Urantia book presents a glorious revelation of a Loving which I whole heartedly believe.
The angel of light are the best looking angel. Lucifer knows how to shine that loving appearing light to make you feel good. You say the devil made me do it. Healings proved Jesus wasn't crazy but you say the bible is crazy and full of errors. You flunked the spiritual test. You denied. Epic fail

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
List of Jewish Messiah claimants:

Wikipedia

Jewish messiah claimants

In Judaism, "messiah" originally meant a divinely appointed king, such as David, Cyrus the Great[1] or Alexander the Great.[2] Later, especially after the failure of the Hasmonean Kingdom (37 BC) and the Jewish–Roman wars (AD 66-135), the figure of the Jewish Messiah was one who would deliver the Jews from oppression and usher in an Olam Haba ("world to come") or Messianic Age. However the term “false messiah” was largely absent from rabbinic literature. The first mention is in the Sefer Zerubbabel, from the mid-seventh century, which uses the term, mashiah sheker, (“false messiah”).[3] The false messiah is known as Armilus.

Simon of Peraea (c. Unknown – 4 BCE), a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans.[4]

Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BCE – 30 CE), leader of a Jewish sect who was crucified by the Romans at the instigation of Jewish leaders; Jews who believed him to be the Messiah were the first Christians, also known as Jewish Christians.[5] Muslims,[6] Christians[7] and Messianic Jews[8] believe him to be the real Messiah.

Athronges (c. 3 CE),[9] a shepherd turned rebel leader.

Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.

Moses of Crete, who in about 440–470 persuaded the Jews of Crete to walk into the sea, as Moses had done, to return to Israel. The results were disastrous and he soon disappeared.

Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.

David Alroy, born in Kurdistan, who around 1160 agitated against the caliph before being assassinated.

Moses Botarel of Cisneros, active around 1413; claimed to be a sorcerer able to combine the names of God.

Asher Lämmlein, a German near Venice who proclaimed himself a forerunner of the Messiah in 1502.

David Reubeni (1490–1541?) and Solomon Molcho (1500–1532), messianic adventurers who travelled in Portugal, Italy and Turkey; Molcho, who was a baptised Catholic, was tried by the Inquisition, convicted of apostasy and burned at the stake.

Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676), an Ottoman Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, but then converted to Islam; still has followers today in the Donmeh.

Jacob Querido (?–1690), claimed to be the new incarnation of Sabbatai; later converted to Islam and led the Donmeh.

Miguel Cardoso (1630–1706), another successor of Sabbatai who claimed to be the "Messiah ben Ephraim."

Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750), attained some following amongst former followers of Sabbatai, calling himself the "Messiah ben Joseph."

Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791), who claimed to be the reincarnation of King David and preached a synthesis of Christianity and Judaism.
And only one rose from death.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The angel of light are the best looking angel. Lucifer knows how to shine that loving appearing light to make you feel good. You say the devil made me do it. Healings proved Jesus wasn't crazy but you say the bible is crazy and full of errors. You flunked the spiritual test. You denied. Epic fail

I never said the Bible was crazy, it's just very human. Lucifer is gone, he didn't work against himself when he was in power. That's the epic fail of Christians, you have more faith in the power of a Satan God than in the real God.

I've never said the devil made me do anything, rather I take responsibility for my sins.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I've never said the devil made me do anything, rather I take responsibility for my sins.

:thumb:

Indeed, since the law of 'self-responsibility' holds that all souls are responsible for their own sins and its consequences, and for their own repentance (salvation) as is made available by divine providence. The blood-atonement doctrine if taken too far, violates this to an extent, especially if one is relying solely upon another to atone for their sins, when one must accept responsibility for their own actions to make amends by reformation.

journey

freelight,

First:

"That is a fact. Urantia is a UFO cult." This was a direct quote from Sherman.

Second: You must have a reading comprehension problem. I provided links to the original posts. Maybe you should school yourself about what was actually said.

Third: You won't be schooling me in anything, especially the urantia UFO cult. You can also exclude the poison assortment in your signature area.

Fourth: I will post here when I want to. Read the recommendations from Knight and Sherman if you don't like what I post.

journey

:thumb:

Indeed, since the law of 'self-responsibility' holds that all souls are responsible for their own sins and its consequences, and for their own repentance (salvation) as is made available by divine providence. The blood-atonement doctrine if taken too far, violates this to an extent, especially if one is relying solely upon another to atone for their sins, when one must accept responsibility for their own actions to make amends by reformation.

You deny the power and purpose of the Cross. You don't have the power or means to atone for your sins. This is why Jesus Christ went to the Cross and died for your sins. I could care less what the urantia book says.

Romans 3:23-28 KJV For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
They use the Internet as their source for lies about the Urantia Book. The Hebrews God must have put a lying spirit in them. Should we source the Internet for opinions about the Bible? :rotfl:

journey

They use the Internet as their source for lies about the Urantia Book. The Hebrews God must have put a lying spirit in them. Should we source the Internet for opinions about the Bible? :rotfl:

I use the Holy Bible to discredit the urantia UFO cult garbage. The only lies told here about the urantia book are told by you and freelight. Your biggest problem is that the urantia book is fiction and not a work of God. If anything, the urantia book is Anti-Christ, Anti-Christian, and a plagiarized complete distortion of the Holy Bible. You can try, but you can't sell the urantia UFO cult garbage here. You've had all this time and bandwidth, and you don't have a single new follower of your cult. In other words, there are NO buyers of your garbage. Your attempts to deceive others on a Christian forum are very sad.

Aimiel

I use the Holy Bible to discredit the urantia UFO cult garbage. The only lies told here about the urantia book are told by you and freelight. Your biggest problem is that the urantia book is fiction and not a work of God. If anything, the urantia book is Anti-Christ, Anti-Christian, and a plagiarized complete distortion of the Holy Bible. You can try, but you can't sell the urantia UFO cult garbage here. You've had all this time and bandwidth, and you don't have a single new follower of your cult. In other words, there are NO buyers of your garbage. Your attempts to deceive others on a Christian forum are very sad.

Hear here. Well met. Jolly good post.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sorry, be corrected again......this is getting old....

Sorry, be corrected again......this is getting old....

freelight,

First:

"That is a fact. Urantia is a UFO cult." This was a direct quote from Sherman.

I already schooled you many times over here about your misplaced association of the UB having anything to do whatsoever with UFOs, and have corrected you about it NOT being a 'cult', since the UB is a book, not a 'cult', and there is no official 'church' based on the UB, but only the Urantia Foundation which is the original publisher and custodian of the text (plus some other online and community groups that study the UB, as well as home-study groups), keeping it intact for future generations.

Sherman's statement if that was hers, is FALSE - flat out. I've provided proofs over and over and over that your claim is false and presumptuous. What's sad is that your still promoting this, which is bearing false witness. I've also addressed GM officially in his mock thread on the UB, if you want to bring this before a real court to see who would win about your UFO Cult claims, go ahead,...you'd lose. The main reason some put the UB within the category of 'UFO Cult', is because its claims of being a communication or contact with 'celestial personalities' and its revelation of life on other worlds, etc. Wiki lists it among others in its list of Ufo religions here

This wiki page qualifies its category as -

UFO religions, also referred to as "UFO cults" and "flying saucer cults", are groups which deal with alleged communication between humans and extraterrestrial beings.

Based on the above, the UB could only qualify by association of being a series of papers brought about by communication with extraterrestrial (in its case, 'celestial personalities') beings,...and that is all. But there are no UFO's involved. So using the term 'UFO Cult' is a misnomer. - only a nay-sayer or critic would include it under the umbrella of 'ufo cult', but its still not entirely accurate. But you can see how a critic and hater would call it such, and not let up.

Now if you'd like to exercise a little intelligence and creativity, you could actually engage in some meaningful dialogue here on many wonderful points in the area of religion, science, metaphysics and philosophy, but that's not on your radar,....you would just like to censor, berate and marginalize (demonize) the subject, misrepresenting it to make your own 'theology' look 'orthodox' or somehow 'superior'.

Also, let it be clear here that my commentary here is just that, as an expositor and expounder of some of the concepts revealed in the UB, that and no more. Nowhere have I sought to proselyte or try to convert anyone to the UB (its not my job or intent), but have only shared about it, and some teachings within it that correlate to many different religious and philosophical subjects. When there are correlations on a subject, a passage from the UB may be referenced. The UB is one religious book or revelation among many others, with its own unique perspectives and insights.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I choose the Spirit of truth, over those lying spirits....

I choose the Spirit of truth, over those lying spirits....

;) - now be nice :)

While critics can try to pick apart the UB on different points, I'd gather there are just as many websites exposing errors, inaccuracies and mistakes in the Bible if not more,...so welcome to the information Age. With the internet these days,...more people are accessing information that would be otherwise unavailable to them, so in that sense, its a good thing,...knowledge can be empowering. But some may not want more info. getting out.

journey

freelight,

You haven't corrected me or anyone else because you have no authority to do so. You have an opinion, and I could care less what your opinion is, nor do I respect it. I will continue to call urantia what it IS - urantia UFO cult. I could care less that you disagree. You won't correct me because you can't.

You try to peddle poison with just about every post you make. Thankfully, there are usually others present to warn the readers and tell them what you're trying to sell. That's the least we can do on a Christian forum. I will always refer to your cult as the urantia UFO cult, and there's nothing you can do about it. I know what your opinion is, and I don't buy it - NO SALE!

Charity

;) - now be nice :)

While critics can try to pick apart the UB on different points, I'd gather there are just as many websites exposing errors, inaccuracies and mistakes in the Bible if not more,...so welcome to the information Age. With the internet these days,...more people are accessing information that would be otherwise unavailable to them, so in that sense, its a good thing,...knowledge can be empowering. But some may not want more info. getting out.

And some good helpful advice while sharing the internet.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life and don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."

-- Steve Jobs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Truth cannot be defined with words, only by living. Truth is always more than knowledge. Knowledge pertains to things observed, but truth transcends such purely material levels in that it consorts with wisdom and embraces such imponderables as human experience, even spiritual and living realities. Knowledge originates in science; wisdom, in true philosophy; truth, in the religious experience of spiritual living. Knowledge deals with facts; wisdom, with relationships; truth, with reality values."132:3.2 http://www.urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p132.htm

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freelight,

You haven't corrected me or anyone else because you have no authority to do so. You have an opinion, and I could care less what your opinion is, nor do I respect it. I will continue to call urantia what it IS - urantia UFO cult. I could care less that you disagree. You won't correct me because you can't.

Review here. If you're going to maintain being an ignoramous, that's your choice, but you will be corrected.

You try to peddle poison with just about every post you make. Thankfully, there are usually others present to warn the readers and tell them what you're trying to sell. That's the least we can do on a Christian forum. I will always refer to your cult as the urantia UFO cult, and there's nothing you can do about it. I know what your opinion is, and I don't buy it - NO SALE!

Your self-imposed frustration is the delusion that I'm trying to sell you something, which is your own suffering apparently. This is comical. Go back and review. You're here making the big fuss about your own projections. Take a chill pill, or better yet a reality check, and find a thread where you don't have to go into 'dramatics' about something threatening your 'theology',...if its that 'vulnerable', maybe you need to re-evaluate your 'theology'.

journey

freelight,

Your thoughts that you can school and/or correct others here is a joke. You're not an authority on anything, and you don't share truthful information. You have some very strange beliefs that nobody else buys, including the urantia UFO cult garbage. You're wasting your time TRYING to school or correct anyone here because others reject your strange beliefs. Maybe you should try a UFO forum.

Charity

"Truth cannot be defined with words, only by living. Truth is always more than knowledge. Knowledge pertains to things observed, but truth transcends such purely material levels in that it consorts with wisdom and embraces such imponderables as human experience, even spiritual and living realities. Knowledge originates in science; wisdom, in true philosophy; truth, in the religious experience of spiritual living. Knowledge deals with facts; wisdom, with relationships; truth, with reality values."132:3.2 http://www.urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p132.htm

....There are no real laws in life, for there is results, Not always correct facts, only lessons. only opportunities waiting to be recognized as solutions by the person of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.