The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sherman:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4307057&postcount=7497

Knights wishes concerning this thread are the final word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

Urantia theology is borderline blasphemous ranging into blasphemy. It isn't something we are going to protect--especially when you go saying the Apostle Paul adulterated his writings with paganism.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4279808&postcount=6838

April 4th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

I am here again to remind you that this stuff is slurry. It will not be protected here. If you want to discuss it without detractors coming into your thread, take it someplace else. I think you are a bunch of ninneyhammers for believing this garbage.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199895&postcount=6771

January 26th, 2015, 06:58 PM
You won't convince the Christians here on TOL of your Bat in the Belfry crazy doctrines. Offering it to us is like offering slurry as food, altogether unappealing and not nourishing.

As the old saying goes, you get what you ask for. You post it here in front of people that don't want it and of course, they are going to say negative things about it. Take Knight's suggestion to heart and perhaps open it someplace where it will be more appreciated.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4198662&postcount=6680

January 25th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
Have you searched the Internet and what it has to
say about, "The Urantia Book?" Your 'religion' has been
called a, "UFO Cult!" Cosmic beings, and the "Occult'
are thrown into the mix as well! You and your ilk are
just another form of "Scientology!" That's a fact!

That is a fact. Urantia is a UFO cult.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4198659&postcount=6679

January 25th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caino View Post
And Grosnick post here more than we do

It is the price you pay for posting this nonsense on a Christian forum. We've allowed you to have this thread. If you don't like the working conditions here, you can go someplace else.

Therefore, Mocking is not only accepted but encouraged.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Extraterrestrial life......

Extraterrestrial life......

Do you believe you've been abducted by aliens?

Flashback:

:eek:linger: Vatican: Alien Life Does not Undermine the Gospel Re 13:8

Related:

Alien-smiley.png
I Want to Believe

I have no conscious recall of an abduction at the moment, but such abduction phenomena is a subject unto itself with research material and cases any can investigate on their own. Like anything, research the facts and records for yourself if you're really interested.

I do have a thread titled 'The Disclosure Project' which gets more into exopolitics, so it does delve into some aspects of UFOlogy inasmuch as such phenomena is relative to extraterrestrial interaction and contact. We would remind readers that the UB has no association with UFOs or 'aliens' as typified by modern Ufology studies or the abduction phenomena. Its revelation is primarily spiritual and philosophical in nature.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have no conscious recall of an abduction at the moment, but such abduction phenomena is a subject unto itself with research material and cases any can investigate on their own. Like anything, research the facts and records for yourself if you're really interested.

I do have a thread titled 'The Disclosure Project' which gets more into exopolitics, so it does delve into some aspects of UFOlogy inasmuch as such phenomena is relative to extraterrestrial interaction and contact. We would remind readers that the UB has no association with UFOs or 'aliens' as typified by modern Ufology studies or the abduction phenomena. Its revelation is primarily spiritual and philosophical in nature.

And, The Cosmic Leadership within the Universe. Remember, Caino posted their names and their positions within the confines of the Urantia fairy-tale writings?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Intellectual honesty.....lets keep it 'mutual'........

Intellectual honesty.....lets keep it 'mutual'........

Ok, PM me for additional info on this topic if needed.

See:

I want to believe

I've responded to your thread and issues of 'belief' here :)

The 'Disclosure Project' is a good place to start if you're considering what you want to 'believe' on UFO and ET related issues especially concerning our government's involvement or knowledge of such. This dives more into the realm of modern Ufology, ET technology, free-energy issues, exopolitics, - using such knowledge wisely for the betterment of mankind, establishing peaceful relations among nations of earth and with off-planet civilizations, - again back to inter-planetary diplomacy, if indeed ET contact is being made, however such relationships develop.

The Disclosure Project is a research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret.

You can also consider my sharings on my particular thread on the subject, especially if it involved 'exopolitics', since that thread is in the 'Politics' section. This thread is on the UB, which has no association with UFOs or aliens as conceptualized by modern pop-culture, a 'misnomer' still entertained by some of those trolling this thread.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cosmology, Cosmogony

Cosmology, Cosmogony

Continuing on the Foreward from last post here -

0:0.5 Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection — the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

0:0.6 The seven evolving superuniverses in association with the central and divine universe, we commonly refer to as the grand universe; these are the now organized and inhabited creations. They are all a part of the master universe, which also embraces the uninhabited but mobilizing universes of outer space.

The following video presents a scale-ratio of where Urantia is in the Grand Universe, it being one of over 3 million inhabited planet in the local universe of Nebadon within the Superuniverse Orvonton.

This is just a glimpse of how vast and wonderful the greater cosmos is, and our place in it, from one higher perspective given by this particular group of celestials. In any case, whether one chooses to belief the information, it still presents us the awesome consideration of our place in the Universe of universes, considering the proposal that our local universe is only one of thousands within in our superuniverse of Orvonton, there being a total of 7 superuniverses revolving around the Isle of Paradise, the geographical center of infinity. These frameworks expand our imagination beyond prescribed limits, to at least consider the potentials of creation, the frontiers of space.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Expanding one's map of the cosmos..........

Expanding one's map of the cosmos..........

Don't need fables to tell me how big the universe is.

Apparently you didn't read or see the video presentation to even begin to imagine the cosmogony laid out in the papers, but you just dismiss such info. as 'fables'. How would you know or even begin to imagine how large and vast the Grand Universe is, and how many universes exist in the Grand Universe, without first considering the proposal given in its scale-ratio format, to have some idea of it? Why don't you respect the thread subject here, and any given subject being considered? This quick dismissal method only breeds religious arrogance, pride and presumption,....it does not inspire the soul forward to consider 'God' in his greater attributes, qualities and personality traits, let alone the infinity of creation and the vast space regions beyond 7 super-universes that revole around the Isle of Paradise, again...just to get an idea from the scale ratio, and figurative numbers given....to give one an idea of the great proporitions of the known universe, and the potential of creation and possibilities in the outer space regions beyond.

Again, this is just to give your mind an idea upon which your soul to contemplate. If you don't have this inner curiosity or aspiration to at least consider/ponder and investigate,...your religious impulse or dynamic of imagination isn't very vital :idunno:

If interested in Modern Astronomy and the UB go here.

View attachment 24158

In reference to Ken Wilber's statement above (click to enlarge image), the UB enlarges the 'map' so to speak. The Universe does have dimensions and bouderies as far as finite measurements are concerned, but the reality of infinity still exists as the womb and context in which creation arises and takes its various forms. 'God', the Universal Father is still the First Source and Center of all creation, all that is or ever will be.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Make believe is for children, but most children eventually grow up.

Considering the subject matter in a reasonable intelligent inquisitive fashion is usually customary in a 'discussion', not just making pejorative comments and pot shot remarks since that reveals immaturity and indifference. We're reviewing the conceptual overlay of what the papers present as the structured universe and its ever unfolding potentials. Soon, however the Foreword will go directly into the nature of 'God' or 'Deity',....and the universe levels of 'reality' which makes for some serious contemplation and research. Terms, meanings and conceptual relations develop in one's mind when considering what is being communicated. There are some deep and complex concepts and relationships revealed in the text, which presents a challenge to the mind, but opens up the soul to the infinite.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Freelight,

Marvin the Martian is after you.

It is apparent that you have no interest in an intelligent discussion, much less a respectful dialogue as your posts in this thread prove. So it begs the question as to why my response to you continues, but this is more for the general readership who make their own determinations from the exchange. While the UB is the focus here, it also serves as a 'contextual framework' in which to engage the basic fundamentals of theology in all their aspects. Therefore, any apathy, indifference, ignorance or presumption is evident thru our sharing of words, for in this venue, words are all we have, and these words speak for themselves. We are edified or defiled by our own words,....words do indeed have creative power.

The Universe and all its mysteries, the vast reaches of creation, the infinity of life, etc....continue on, regardless of our musings of knowledge or ignorance,.....religion or philosophy. Since this is the 'Religion' section a discussion on 'God', 'Deity' and 'Divinity' is certainly appropriate and encouraged. Hence, we continue to consider the ideas shared in the Forward.......

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Personality......all aspects related or otherwise......

Personality......all aspects related or otherwise......

I. Deity and Divinity

0:1.1 The universe of universes presents phenomena of deity activities on diverse levels of cosmic realities, mind meanings, and spirit values, but all of these ministrations — personal or otherwise — are divinely co-ordinated.

0:1.2 DEITY is personalizable as God, is prepersonal and superpersonal in ways not altogether comprehensible by man. Deity is characterized by the quality of unity — actual or potential — on all supermaterial levels of reality; and this unifying quality is best comprehended by creatures as divinity.

0:1.3 Deity functions on personal, prepersonal, and superpersonal levels. Total Deity is functional on the following seven levels:

1. Static — self-contained and self-existent Deity.

2. Potential — self-willed and self-purposive Deity.

3. Associative — self-personalized and divinely fraternal Deity.

4. Creative — self-distributive and divinely revealed Deity.

5. Evolutional — self-expansive and creature-identified Deity.

6. Supreme — self-experiential and creature-Creator-unifying Deity. Deity functioning on the first creature-identificational level as time-space overcontrollers of the grand universe, sometimes designated the Supremacy of Deity.

7. Ultimate — self-projected and time-space-transcending Deity. Deity omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Deity functioning on the second level of unifying divinity expression as effective overcontrollers and absonite upholders of the master universe. As compared with the ministry of the Deities to the grand universe, this absonite function in the master universe is tantamount to universal overcontrol and supersustenance, sometimes called the Ultimacy of Deity.

While a lot can be explored above, lets focus on terms 'personal', 'pre-personal', super-personal' -

Its important to note that the papers uphold the unique and original 'personality' of God, but also denote 'pre-personal', 'super-personal' and 'trans-personal' aspects of God or energy/spirit, but this is understood and developed from a study of the terms, meanings and values expounded on. Since 'personality' originates with 'God' our Universal Father (the First Source and Center of all)...He is the God of all personalities, the original Personality. - however there are aspects of God and creation that are 'pre-personal' and 'super-personal'....so that every aspect of Deity and reality is included in the totality of reality. The papers dissertations on personality are very interesting, as there is an aspect of mystery about 'personality' itself in its relation to the soul.

For video-audio presentation on 'personality' from the first few papers go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.