The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

There you go. You just offered them nothing and condemned them to life without a Savior or need for one. Nice going. Take 'Christian' out of your name. Thanks for nothing GT. You don't even believe the Bible. Their only hope is/was/ever will be the Lord Jesus Christ. Way to obfuscate Him and our need for Him in front of them. :applaud: And all heaven cries. :(

You preach falseness. How do you think you are any better off?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Because you don't recognize your heart as detestable and desperately wicked. Of course you don't need the Lord Jesus Christ: You nor Caino. Of course you don't. It is sad. You are exactly right. The Lord Jesus came for the sick, not the 'well.' You WILL get exactly what you desire: A life without the Lord Jesus Christ. Congratulations. :(

You say ignorant things often. The UB refers to Jesus as a savior:

184:4.6 ...These are the moments of the Master's greatest victories in all his long and eventful career as maker, upholder, and savior of a vast and far-flung universe. Having lived to the full a life of revealing God to man, Jesus is now engaged in making a...

188:4.7 ...Though it is hardly proper to speak of Jesus as a sacrificer, a ransomer, or a redeemer, it is wholly correct to refer to him as a savior. He forever made the way of salvation (survival) more clear and certain; he did better and more surely show the...

188:5.2 ...The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and death do win men over to goodness and...

190:1.7 ... brotherhood of man, under the orders of their fearless and efficient leader, go forth to proclaim the risen Savior of a world and a universe. And they engage in this eventful service ere his chosen representatives are willing to believe his word or to accept...

190:5.7 ...They would not stop to eat. They had seen the morontia Master, and they rushed from the house, hastening back to Jerusalem to spread the good news of the risen savior.

:doh::hammer::yawn:

Lon

You say stupid things often. The UB refers to Jesus as a savior
:nono: Your book isn't that great. Sorry.

188:4.7 ...Though it is hardly proper to speak of Jesus as a sacrificer, a ransomer, or a redeemer, it is wholly correct to refer to him as a savior. He forever made the way of salvation (survival) more clear and certain; he did better and more surely show the...
Er, NOT "savior" by this lame definition. Cults cannot help themselves, they have to keep language in order to lure in unsuspecting dupes. "Savior" was that word among others, but the UB doesn't mean it.

188:5.2 ...The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and death do win men over to goodness and...
Yet in the next breath, the UB eschews the atonement of it. :plain: It is a useless book.

190:1.7 ... brotherhood of man, under the orders of their fearless and efficient leader, go forth to proclaim the risen Savior of a world and a universe. And they engage in this eventful service ere his chosen representatives are willing to believe his word or to accept...

190:5.7 ...They would not stop to eat. They had seen the morontia Master, and they rushed from the house, hastening back to Jerusalem to spread the good news of the risen savior.

:doh::hammer::yawn:
Again, means nothing in the Urantia. :blah: blah blah "urantia stuff" blah blah blah :dizzy:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Accuser of the brethren......

Accuser of the brethren......

Your 'brokeness' is embraced as if it is 'all there is' and you call that infinite. :( I know, per fact, you are broken and in need of a Savior. I didn't lie to myself that day. You are the worst of liars: You believe your lies. :(

You appear to be heavily confounded with a theology of 'total depravity' and brokenness which obscures you of the original blessing and goodness of Creation. Your misgiven theology also accuses and judges falsely. You will have to prove your charge of 'liar' and furthermore regard Jesus teaching of judging others. Note also his teaching of calling another 'raca' or 'fool' (or any other negative or condescending name), which puts you in danger of hellfire.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Er, NOT "savior" by this lame definition. Cults cannot help themselves, they have to keep language in order to lure in unsuspecting dupes. "Savior" was that word among others, but the UB doesn't mean it.

Yet in the next breath, the UB eschews the atonement of it. :plain: It is a useless book.

Again, means nothing in the Urantia. :blah: blah blah "urantia stuff" blah blah blah :dizzy:

When you grow up and religious knowledge is no longer a part of your social ego identification, you will learn when to just admit you were wrong instead of pretending you still have a point.

Jesus is indeed the worlds savior, the temporary Pagan contamination of his original gospel found in sect divided Christendom not withstanding. Peter and Paul's afterthought gospel of the human sacrifice of Gods Son, has been sufficient to bring billions to Christ. Eventually the more mature, positive gospel of sonship with God that The Son of God had hoped the Jews would accept will bring everyone.

The Pagan doctrine of the atonement is a cop out, it's theoretical salvation as apposed to a sincere change of heart and behavior.

"Righteousness implies that God is the source of the moral law of the universe. Truth exhibits God as a revealer, as a teacher. But love gives and craves affection, seeks understanding fellowship such as exists between parent and child. Righteousness may be the divine thought, but love is a father's attitude. The erroneous supposition that the righteousness of God was irreconcilable with the selfless love of the heavenly Father, presupposed absence of unity in the nature of Deity and led directly to the elaboration of the atonement doctrine, which is a philosophic assault upon both the unity and the free-willness of God."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
141:4.2 "In answer to Thomas's question, “Who is this God of the kingdom?” Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion —my gospel—is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings.”

141:4.3 Jesus also sought to free the minds of his apostles from the idea of offering animal sacrifices as a religious duty. But these men, trained in the religion of the daily sacrifice, were slow to comprehend what he meant. Nevertheless, the Master did not grow weary in his teaching. When he failed to reach the minds of all of the apostles by means of one illustration, he would restate his message and employ another type of parable for purposes of illumination." Ub 1955

Lon

You appear to be heavily confounded with a theology of 'total depravity' and brokenness which obscures you of the original blessing and goodness of Creation. Your misgiven theology also accuses and judges falsely. You will have to prove your charge of 'liar' and furthermore regard Jesus teaching of judging others. Note also his teaching of calling another 'raca' or 'fool' (or any other negative or condescending name), which puts you in danger of hellfire.
If by 'bretheren' you mean new-age guru's. What you reject is everything I am in Christ. Sorry, it indeed is a deal breaker.

You reject Christ and are ever stuck in the flesh because of it. Stuck. Accusation? Facts are facts. PJ. I didn't accuse you of anything you don't READILY admit. Don't be a liar. Accusation? :nono: Telling you to make actual sense with truthful statements.

I deal in reality. You fantasizers believe in half-truths and lies. That is why it is worse: You believe your lies. It isn't an accusation, it is simply what is true. ALL of us Christians believe this about you. You have to believe the Bible to be called a Christian.
-Lon

Lon

141:4.2 "In answer to Thomas's question, “Who is this God of the kingdom?” Jesus replied: “God is your Father, and religion —my gospel—is nothing more nor less than the believing recognition of the truth that you are his son. And I am here among you in the flesh to make clear both of these ideas in my life and teachings.”
:nono: This isn't "Savior" it is 'save yourself' and not even 'save.' P.J. says I accuse brethren? You have to be brethren for that to happen. :doh: This isn't Christian. It is 'anti-' Christian. The Urantia Book is Antichrist.

141:4.3 Jesus also sought to free the minds of his apostles from the idea of offering animal sacrifices as a religious duty. But these men, trained in the religion of the daily sacrifice, were slow to comprehend what he meant. Nevertheless, the Master did not grow weary in his teaching. When he failed to reach the minds of all of the apostles by means of one illustration, he would restate his message and employ another type of parable for purposes of illumination." Ub 1955
:nono: This is just ignorant and lame and unbiblical drivel. If I weren't telling you this, would you know? The people who wrote the Urantia were clueless laymen with no proper theology understanding. They were into comic books and fantasy and didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Would any of you know this if I didn't say it? You guys chose a "Christian" website. As long as you love our opinions and you do, despite lame protests like 'accuser of brethren.' Why else would you be here? There is absolutely NO other reason for you to be here than to want, love and encourage our feedback. Here you go. My service gladly rendered. The UB is a fraud and you are being a dupe listening to any of this nonsense. Because you love it, I gladly give it. You were made for something better. This isn't it.

▲This P.J. ▲ This is all lies. Prove it? Yeah, if you want to listen, but you don't. You want to believe this stuff. Guess what? The rest of us are Christians. We are against it. Your desire to post about it here means you want our honest and truthful statements regarding it. The UB isn't worth the paper or internet it is printed on. Don't give me your 'you haven't read it.' Yes I have. I read two MORE verses today. All drivel and illiterate and ignorant trash and rag. Stop complaining or crying. You know we completely disdain the UB and think you are rubes for buying this junk. As long as you like posting here, then you 'like' the feedback. You are going to get nothing else from "Christians" on a Christian website. -Lon

Zeke

Eternal infinite Life is ever living and conscious. We as individual expressions of consciousness are more or less conditioned. All points of view in space and time are relative to the viewer :)

The higher power is no higher than you've assumed it to be, since the spirit of 'God' is here omnipresently. Consider what is truly infinite. You cannot contain, prescribe or monopolize infinity :)
Come on Free you know you should convert to the indoctrinated society of religious intolerance that speaks for god.
Your 'brokeness' is embraced as if it is 'all there is' and you call that infinite. :( I know, per fact, you are broken and in need of a Savior. I didn't lie to myself that day. You are the worst of liars: You believe your lies. :(

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: This isn't "Savior" it is 'save yourself' and not even 'save.' P.J. says I accuse brethren? You have to be brethren for that to happen. :doh: This isn't Christian. It is 'anti-' Christian. The Urantia Book is Antichrist.

:nono: This is just ignorant and lame and unbiblical drivel. If I weren't telling you this, would you know? The people who wrote the Urantia were clueless laymen with no proper theology understanding. They were into comic books and fantasy and didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Would any of you know this if I didn't say it? You guys chose a "Christian" website. As long as you love our opinions and you do, despite lame protests like 'accuser of brethren.' Why else would you be here? There is absolutely NO other reason for you to be here than to want, love and encourage our feedback. Here you go. My service gladly rendered. The UB is a fraud and you are being a dupe listening to any of this nonsense. Because you love it, I gladly give it. You were made for something better. This isn't it.

▲This P.J. ▲ This is all lies. Prove it? Yeah, if you want to listen, but you don't. You want to believe this stuff. Guess what? The rest of us are Christians. We are against it. Your desire to post about it here means you want our honest and truthful statements regarding it. The UB isn't worth the paper or internet it is printed on. Don't give me your 'you haven't read it.' Yes I have. I read two MORE verses today. All drivel and illiterate and ignorant trash and rag. Stop complaining or crying. You know we completely disdain the UB and think you are rubes for buying this junk. As long as you like posting here, then you 'like' the feedback. You are going to get nothing else from "Christians" on a Christian website. -Lon

We aren't here to engage the grumpy neo Pharisees of Christianity, we are here to discuss the latest revelation of truth to our world in the religious section of TOL. The UB bothers you because it's true, if it wasn't you wouldn't bother. The original gospel is a sword, it won't bring peace until it subdues the world.

The religion OF Jesus has yet to be preached, for now we are stuck with Peter and Paul's compromises.

The religion OF Jesus has yet to be preached, for now we are stuck with Peter and Paul's compromises.

No, what we’re stuck with is this ridiculous thread, because you make a career of bumping it, and it’s like somebody who’s brain dead being kept on life support. Your thread is becoming like a TV commercial for hernia mesh implant litigation they’ve been running every fifteen minutes, since before Christmas.

Reactions: Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, what we’re stuck with is this ridiculous thread, because you make a career of bumping it, and it’s like somebody who’s brain dead being kept on life support. Your thread is becoming like a TV commercial for hernia mesh implant litigation they’ve been running every fifteen minutes, since before Christmas.

Religious people rejected the original gospel, had the Jews accepted it, they would be preaching it today from Jerusalem and Jesus would have simply retuned to his place on high. But it was inevitable, pig headed religious fanatics despised the truth, the Urantia revelation won't be any different.

Jesus taught the "good news", the apostles didn't even know he was leaving. The good news was salvation by faith, Christianity made it the doctrines of death.

Lon

We aren't here to engage the grumpy neo Pharisees of Christianity
And by that you mean virtually all of TOL. You choose poorly. Sorry, you get what you choose and you 'choose' this.
Worse? I think you both actually like it. Sad, but some people thrive off negative attention. There is a bit of that on TOL.

Me? I avoid the Urantia websites except when I read a bit of it just to satiate the accusation that I never had. I did. All rubbish.

You get what you choose. You choose and chose poorly and will get what comes with the choice. The UB is anti-Christian.
There is no such thing as "Christian" Urantian. :nono: Doesn't exist.

we are here to divulge the latest innovation of Satan to our demise and blindness in the religious section of TOL. The UB bothers you because I am dying and without a Savior because of it and understand nothing of God's Word nor Christ's redemptive work, but that which I eschew. If it wasn't for the lostness of my soul, and preaching kindergarten lies, you wouldn't bother. The only gospel is a sword, it cuts through lies as a sword dividing even joint and marrow, unlike the false UB.
Fixed that for you to reflect what is true instead of what is false.

Christianity isn't religion, but a supernatural transformation. You will never understand Christianity until you understand that. The Lord Jesus Christ makes a person something new and different. The UB frankly cannot compare. Cannot. Your 'salvation' is the you that was always there. It isn't 'salvation' it is realization and your own efforts and nothing at all. Nothing. The UB offers nothing but random meaningless repetitions and platitudes called 'religion.' Sorry, you have nothing.
Religion is simply a way of life and is all the UB offers. Christianity, conversely, is about new createdness. It is supernatural not basal or flesh. It is beyond this earth. Your kingdom is here. His is over another place. You need it and Him.
The good news was salvation by faith, Christianity made it the doctrines of death.
No, that is your inept erroneous conclusion. It is wrong.
You are wrong.

1) I post in grace. I know you don't see it, but I really want you guys to stop believing in this rubbish and know real Godliness.
2) I post because lies must be shamed. This thread is a lie and a shame on the internet.

-Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
And by that you mean virtually all of TOL. You choose poorly. Sorry, you get what you choose and you 'choose' this.
Worse? I think you both actually like it. Sad, but some people thrive off negative attention. There is a bit of that on TOL.

Me? I avoid the Urantia websites except when I read a bit of it just to satiate the accusation that I never had. I did. All rubbish.

You get what you choose. You choose and chose poorly and will get what comes with the choice. The UB is anti-Christian.
There is no such thing as "Christian" Urantian. :nono: Doesn't exist.

Fixed that for you to reflect what is true instead of what is false.

Christianity isn't religion, but a supernatural transformation. You will never understand Christianity until you understand that. The Lord Jesus Christ makes a person something new and different. The UB frankly cannot compare. Cannot. Your 'salvation' is the you that was always there. It isn't 'salvation' it is realization and your own efforts and nothing at all. Nothing. The UB offers nothing but random meaningless repetitions and platitudes called 'religion.' Sorry, you have nothing.
Religion is simply a way of life and is all the UB offers. Christianity, conversely, is about new createdness. It is supernatural not basal or flesh. It is beyond this earth. Your kingdom is here. His is over another place. You need it and Him. No, that is your inept erroneous conclusion. It is wrong.
You are wrong.

1) I post in grace. I know you don't see it, but I really want you guys to stop believing in this rubbish and know real Godliness.
2) I post because lies must be shamed. This thread is a lie and a shame on the internet.

-Lon

By reiterating your ignorance you will eventually read the whole book.

“You see, my children, the appeal to human feelings is transitory and utterly disappointing; the exclusive appeal to the intellect of man is likewise empty and barren; it is only by making your appeal to the spirit which lives within the human mind that you can hope to achieve lasting success and accomplish those marvelous transformations of human character that are presently shown in the abundant yielding of the genuine fruits of the spirit in the daily lives of all who are thus delivered from the darkness of doubt by the birth of the spirit into the light of faith—the kingdom of heaven.”

150:9.1 Jesus found himself surrounded in the synagogue by a great throng of his enemies and a sprinkling of his own followers, and in reply to their rude questions and sinister banterings he half humorously remarked: “Yes, I am Joseph's son; I am the carpenter, and I am not surprised that you remind me of the proverb, `Physician heal yourself,' and that you challenge me to do in Nazareth what you have heard I did at Capernaum; but I call you to witness that even the Scriptures declare that `a prophet is not without honor save in his own country and among his own people.'”

"And now are we about to enter upon a deadly conflict with such a religion since we will so shortly begin the bold proclamation of a new religion—a religion which is not a religion in the present-day meaning of that word, a religion that makes its chief appeal to the divine spirit of my Father which resides in the mind of man; a religion which shall derive its authority from the fruits of its acceptance that will so certainly appear in the personal experience of all who really and truly become believers in the truths of this higher spiritual communion.”"

150:9.2 But they jostled him and, pointing accusing fingers at him, said: “You think you are better than the people of Nazareth; you moved away from us, but your brother is a common workman, and your sisters still live among us. We know your mother, Mary. Where are they today? We hear big things about you, but we notice that you do no wonders when you come back.” Jesus answered them: “I love the people who dwell in the city where I grew up, and I would rejoice to see you all enter the kingdom of heaven, but the doing of the works of God is not for me to determine. The transformations of grace are wrought in response to the living faith of those who are the beneficiaries.”

By the old way you seek to suppress, obey, and conform to the rules of living; by the new way you are first transformed by the Spirit of Truth and thereby strengthened in your inner soul by the constant spiritual renewing of your mind, and so are you endowed with the power of the certain and joyous performance of the gracious, acceptable, and perfect will of God. Forget not—it is your personal faith in the exceedingly great and precious promises of God that ensures your becoming partakers of the divine nature. Thus by your faith and the spirit's transformation, you become in reality the temples of God, and his spirit actually dwells within you. If, then, the spirit dwells within you, you are no longer bondslaves of the flesh but free and liberated sons of the spirit. The new law of the spirit endows you with the liberty of self-mastery in place of the old law of the fear of self-bondage and the slavery of self-denial.

God is a Father, all of us are his children. By faith we may realize this. Salvation by faith and the responsibility that comes with it, is simple. That puts all the theology peddlers outa business. Its no wonder you are sore at us.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Critiques can go both ways........

Critiques can go both ways........

Many would also say that about the Bible or other religious books. Especially those books that condone genocide, blood sacrifices (animal and human), slavery and the list go on. Pretty scary stuff :shocked:

You would have to understand the UB's defintion of how Jesus is 'Savior', some passages which were shared should help enlighten. What you're having trouble with is presuming your own definition of how Jesus is Savior, per your own theology then villifying the UB's portrayal of Jesus as Savior, because it carries a different nuance and meaning, although sharing some of the general descriptions of 'salvation'. Jesus teaching is clear in Part 4.

Also assuming the UB is a cult is a misnomer, - I've already corrected GM on this here and elsewhere. The UB btw, has just as much right to be in the 'Religion' section as any other seminal religious text or traditional 'scripture' from the various world religions.

It does not support your 'concept' of 'atonement'. Regarding blood atonement, we've shared that here (as well as the Eucharist), and I have threads devoted to the fact of 'Atonement without blood' here in the past and in a thread LA recently created about my views on this, which he recently CLOSED here - wonderful stuff.

You'd have to understand what the UB actually teaches first, before 'blahing'...but apparently you enjoy 'blahhing' :crackup:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Food for thought..............

Food for thought..............

If by 'bretheren' you mean new-age guru's.

I've made no mention of 'new age gurus'. We are all children of God. When you judge another as a liar, that judgment stands before God and you will be judged by the same standard. An 'accuser' of the brethren is any entity or personality that is engaged in 'accusations' which do not serve to edify, inspire or elevate, but to demean and belittle. Love does not act in such a way.

What you reject is everything I am in Christ.

This is sadly a delusional assumption, loaded with so much preconceived contrived theological presumptions. I think perhaps there is too much being personally invested into a 'religious ego' construct, which now you assume you need to protect, or is under some kind of attack. Truth itself needs no defense, being what it is. There is no need to defend or attack if you are rooted in the bedrock of divine reality, the I AM Presence itself. All sentient beings, human souls have this 'presence of God' (thought-adjuster) within them,....do you honor that presence? Spirit is both omnipresenct and universal. 'God' is 'Our Father'. 'God' is One. We all belong to 'God'. There is no outside of 'God'. God is in all, and God is all. Both immanent and transcendent.

You reject Christ and are ever stuck in the flesh because of it. Stuck.

I've been on this forum since 2003, and have NEVER rejected Christ. Again you are projecting your religous presumptions and prefigured conclusions. Just because I have a more liberal eclectic view of Jesus that does not necessarily agree in every particular with your 'view' or 'concept' of Jesus, does NOT mean I reject Christ.

The UB also does not reject 'Christ'...but proclaims his as the Creator-Son of this system of worlds, this local universe,...so in this sense Jesus is our Lord, Savior and even 'God' (as our Creator-Son)...even though he is still subordinate to the Universal Father, the Father of all things and beings. To understand this, you've have to know some essential theology of the UB, its divine hierarchal order, cosmology, even Christology.

Accusation? Facts are facts. PJ. I didn't accuse you of anything you don't READILY admit. Don't be a liar. Accusation? :nono: Telling you to make actual sense with truthful statements.

If you call a person a liar (out of the blue), dont expect not to be taken to task over proving your charge, or just dont engage in calling another a 'liar' in the first place. What 'judgment' you mete out to others, you will be judged by the same meter, the same standard,...this is why Jesus says 'judge not, lest ye be judged'. You might do well to heed the Sermon on the Mount, if Jesus words hold some value for you.

I deal in reality.

You mean your 'version' of it.

Reality is what actually IS....as far as what is 'absolute'. - only our perspectives and viewpoints conditioned by so many factors are 'relative'. Even our points of view on 'truth' or 'God' are relative, unless the absolute itself is contemplating itself, and no other, which would be the pure essence of 'God-consciousness' itself. - that alone is the fundamental reality-base, from which all existence and consciousness has its source, Deity itself. - our finite perspectives are conditioned by space, time, background, culture, tradition, upbringing, society, media, personal preference, philosophical proclivities, dispositions, etc. REALITY includes all points of view within its total context....since the universal reality of ALL, includes all.....as ALL.

You fantasizers believe in half-truths and lies.

Your opinion is noted.

That is why it is worse: You believe your lies.

You've yet to provide evidence for any lies or belief in them.

This thread is about the UB and its associated theology, how it pertains to all other schools of science, philosophy, religion, and most importantly personal religious experience (which is the utlimate focus of the papers). With such a breadth of high ideals and concepts, the caliber of discussion can be taken to much higher realms than this petty name-calling or continual berating of the text. One would think a disciple of the Christ would be above such.

It isn't an accusation, it is simply what is true.

Your opinion is noted.

ALL of us Christians believe this about you.

False. I've had many wonderful friends here over the years, some being 'christians' of various sorts and those under other affiliations. You'd have to interview all who have ever corresponded or related to me on this forum over the years, to have a full knowledge and appreciation of such. But this thread isn't about me or your opinion of me. Its about the UB. (newsflash).

You have to believe the Bible to be called a Christian.

Well, thats usually one of the essential requirements :)

I do agree with much of this discourse on the scriptures - a discussion shared by the Master and Nathaniel here. - like any other religious book,....the Bible and other books may be inspired more or less, as well as such writings having human imperfections, ideas, beliefs, literary devices, fictions and mythology within them as well. It is up to any student of truth or religion to study any scriptures of any tradition for themselves, and let their own conscience, logic, reason and divine inspiration guide them to what is true or false. Ultimately one's own religious experience as well, verifies what is authentic, having any meaning or value. One's own personal religious experience, their own testimony of truth, is what avails for anything. That is all you have, your own experience. Nothing exists outside of your own experience.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Brahman.....

Brahman.....

Come on Free you know you should convert to the indoctrinated society of religious intolerance that speaks for god.

:thumb:

The irony is that they think they speak for 'God Almighty', as if he needed their apologetic support, instead of expanding their own consciousness to see that 'God' in His true infinity transcends and includes more than their little theological box could ever contain.

I'm happy that 'God' is unknowable to me, but also 'knowable' as well, since He is immanent and transcendent,....within and without, near and beyond. I'm quite comfortable with 'agnosis' (not knowing) and 'gnosis (knowing)....since both are simultaneously existing in this dimensionsal existence as 'light' and 'shadow'. In the strata, there some things I can see, and some that I cannot. But 'God' is the fundamental reality at the heart of this play of existence, in the light, colour and darkness :)

There is no outside of 'God'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Try this on for size.........

Try this on for size.........

It couldnt be any more ridiculous than your own personally chosen, preferred or biased doctrinal beliefs or assumptions could it? :idunno: Have you read the UB or any substantial portion of it to judge the text on the meaning and value of the content? If you're going to judge one religious book 'ridiculous' dont forget the religious book you hold dear may be held under the same lens, and might even be found more 'ridiculous'. It is possible. In fact, a few years from now....you might even discard your currently preferred religious book (holy and innerrant as it was once thought) and toss it into the trash bin. There are theists who leave their faith in 'God' and their religious books, and may become more agnostic, atheist, or choose to follow another religious tradition. It happens. Life is like that,....some things are subject to change. So before you 'ridicule' something or others, give that some thought ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.