The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Different opinions and beliefs about Jesus........

Different opinions and beliefs about Jesus........

One may rightly call it Papal Legacy?

Anyway, pardon me for interrupting, I just wanted to comment on your point here. There is no proof of that claim because it’s a belief. One can not prove beliefs, only express them.

Jesus doesn’t do interviews, so no one even knows if Jesus exists. I just wanted to interject, please carry on.

Hi Guyver,

I was just addressing the claim or belief that Jesus has nothing to do with the UB, which is a rather bold claim, since the gospels are anonymous and no one can prove they were written by the names of those attached, let alone the record being a perfect or complete record of what Jesus taught and said, as redactions, creative edits, interpolations, ommissions, heresay could make up parts of the record. So, for one to just say 'Jesus has nothing to do with your religious book' (whatever extra-biblical book or canon that might be) is a rather bodacious claim dont you think? Its just one's opinion.

Papal legacy is but a traditional belief as well, cherry pick as you please. Your point is taken, but perhaps there is more to consider in the context and information shared,....since everyone has whatever 'version' of 'Jesus' that suits their own preference, whether one stays within Christian orthodoxy, or ventures beyond in non-canonical records of Jesus. I just stated hes sharing his BELIEF, and yes, he can express them, but that is not proof of any 'truth' of his claim.

And very good for admitting no one can prove Jesus exists, or even 'God' for that matter...as such is a issue of faith in whatever records, evidence or support for Jesus exists, and what information can provide meaning or value to one's religious faith, in a 'Christ-tradition' (or messianic figure) if that be orthodox or heterodox.

With this in mind, the extended presentation of Jesus life and teaching in the UB could be just as valid, valuable and meaningful or more, than what the synoptics provide, if such is a more complete record correcting some parts of the earlier records. What is more important is the enhanced or more complete meaning and value of the teaching of Jesus, which the UB may provide, acknowledging the canonical gospels, but presenting a revision of that foundation with a redirected emphasis with greater universal meaning.

Aimiel and others also need to remember I draw from many different sources and tradiitons about 'Jesus' and not just the NT or the UB. Those assuming I'm just about the UB havent a clue about theology or my extended threads and commentary on various subjects and interests, but those who have followed me for many years may have a better appraisal of such.

The UB is a fascinating tomb and offers a wonderful platform for dialogue, hence my choice to participate in the thread here. If you believe you really do know 'Jesus' or desire to know this character more, you'd investigate every record or information about him or record of his teachings. Whether one accepts the UB or not, or any other religious book, the Bible included, is their own choice. Let each make his own determination thru his own research, and keep learning....

Aimiel

I was just addressing the claim or belief that Jesus has nothing to do with the UB, which is a rather bold claim, since the gospels are anonymous and no one can prove they were written by the names of those attached, let alone the record being a perfect or complete record of what Jesus taught and said, as redactions, creative edits, interpolations, ommissions, heresay could make up parts of the record. So, for one to just say 'Jesus has nothing to do with your religious book' (whatever extra-biblical book or canon that might be) is a rather bodacious claim dont you think? Its just one's opinion.
No, it's fact, since what is in Scripture (including New Testament Scripture) is corroborated by other Scriptures; and the simple fact that what is in the UB directly contradicts The Holy Scriptures. It's obvious that it's fake and has NOTHING to do with The Living God.
And very good for admitting no one can prove Jesus exists, or even 'God' for that matter...as such is a issue of faith in whatever records, evidence or support for Jesus exists, and what information can provide meaning or value to one's religious faith, in a 'Christ-tradition' (or messianic figure) if that be orthodox or heterodox.
In point of fact: we have more evidence of Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection than we have of ANY figure in antiquity. It also has the corroboration of the one history book with a perfect record: The Old Testament. Your statements simply are false.
Aimiel and others also need to remember I draw from many different sources and tradiitons about 'Jesus' and not just the NT or the UB. Those assuming I'm just about the UB havent a clue about theology or my extended threads and commentary on various subjects and interests, but those who have followed me for many years may have a better appraisal of such.
I've followed you enough to know that you're coming out of left field with nonsense. Those who know the genuine Jesus won't accept a counterfeit, no matter how well he's dressed.

Reactions: Lon

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Hi Guyver,

The UB is a fascinating tomb and offers a wonderful platform for dialogue, hence my choice to participate in the thread here. If you believe you really do know 'Jesus' or desire to know this character more, you'd investigate every record or information about him or record of his teachings. Whether one accepts the UB or not, or any other religious book, the Bible included, is their own choice. Let each make his own determination thru his own research, and keep learning....

Live and let live. Respect others. These are things I believe in. I don’t accept the UB is truth after investigation, but I respect your beliefs, and if it helps you in spiritual growth, I support you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
HUMAN RIGHTS

70:9.1 Nature confers no rights on man, only life and a world in which to live it. Nature does not even confer the right to live, as might be deduced by considering what would likely happen if an unarmed man met a hungry tiger face to face in the primitive forest. Society's prime gift to man is security.

70:9.2 Gradually society asserted its rights and, at the present time, they are:

1. Assurance of food supply.
2. Military defense—security through preparedness.
3. Internal peace preservation—prevention of personal violence and social disorder.
4. Sex control—marriage, the family institution.
5. Property—the right to own.
6. Fostering of individual and group competition.
7. Provision for educating and training youth.
8. Promotion of trade and commerce—industrial development.
9. Improvement of labor conditions and rewards.
10. The guarantee of the freedom of religious practices to the end that all of these other social activities may be exalted by becoming spiritually motivated.

70:9.13 When rights are old beyond knowledge of origin, they are often called natural rights. But human rights are not really natural; they are entirely social. They are relative and ever changing, being no more than the rules of the game—recognized adjustments of relations governing the ever-changing phenomena of human competition.

70:9.14 What may be regarded as right in one age may not be so regarded in another. The survival of large numbers of defectives and degenerates is not because they have any natural right thus to encumber twentieth-century civilization, but simply because the society of the age, the mores, thus decrees.

70:9.15 Few human rights were recognized in the European Middle Ages; then every man belonged to someone else, and rights were only privileges or favors granted by state or church. And the revolt from this error was equally erroneous in that it led to the belief that all men are born equal.

70:9.16 The weak and the inferior have always contended for equal rights; they have always insisted that the state compel the strong and superior to supply their wants and otherwise make good those deficiencies which all too often are the natural result of their own indifference and indolence.

70:9.17 But this equality ideal is the child of civilization; it is not found in nature. Even culture itself demonstrates conclusively the inherent inequality of men by their very unequal capacity therefor. The sudden and nonevolutionary realization of supposed natural equality would quickly throw civilized man back to the crude usages of primitive ages. Society cannot offer equal rights to all, but it can promise to administer the varying rights of each with fairness and equity. It is the business and duty of society to provide the child of nature with a fair and peaceful opportunity to pursue self-maintenance, participate in self-perpetuation, while at the same time enjoying some measure of self-gratification, the sum of all three constituting human happiness.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Christ Michael Urantia

Christ Michael Urantia

Before coming to earth Christ Michael incarnate 6 times over a 1 Billion earth year period as one of his diverse orders of created beings.

https://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-119-the-bestowals-of-christ-michael

The Urantia Book

Paper 119

THE BESTOWALS OF CHRIST MICHAEL

119:0.1 CHIEF OF THE EVENING STARS of Nebadon, I am assigned to Urantia by Gabriel on the mission of revealing the story of the seven bestowals of the Universe Sovereign, Michael of Nebadon, and my name is Gavalia. In making this presentation, I will adhere strictly to the limitations imposed by my commission.

119:0.2 The attribute of bestowal is inherent in the Paradise Sons of the Universal Father. In their desire to come close to the life experiences of their subordinate living creatures, the various orders of the Paradise Sons are reflecting the divine nature of their Paradise parents. The Eternal Son of the Paradise Trinity led the way in this practice, having seven times bestowed himself upon the seven circuits of Havona during the times of the ascension of Grandfanda and the first of the pilgrims from time and space. And the Eternal Son continues to bestow himself upon the local universes of space in the persons of his representatives, the Michael and Avonal Sons.

119:0.3 When the Eternal Son bestows a Creator Son upon a projected local universe, that Creator Son assumes full responsibility for the completion, control, and composure of that new universe, including the solemn oath to the eternal Trinity not to assume full sovereignty of the new creation until his seven creature bestowals shall have been successfully completed and certified by the Ancients of Days of the superuniverse of jurisdiction. This obligation is assumed by every Michael Son who volunteers to go out from Paradise to engage in universe organization and creation.

119:0.4 The purpose of these creature incarnations is to enable such Creators to become wise, sympathetic, just, and understanding sovereigns. These divine Sons are innately just, but they become understandingly merciful as a result of these successive bestowal experiences; they are naturally merciful, but these experiences make them merciful in new and additional ways. These bestowals are the last steps in their education and training for the sublime tasks of ruling the local universes in divine righteousness and by just judgment.

119:0.5 Though numerous incidental benefits accrue to the various worlds, systems, and constellations, as well as to the different orders of universe intelligences affected and benefited by these bestowals, still they are primarily designed to complete the personal training and universe education of a Creator Son himself. These bestowals are not essential to the wise, just, and efficient management of a local universe, but they are absolutely necessary to a fair, merciful, and understanding administration of such a creation, teeming with its varied forms of life and its myriads of intelligent but imperfect creatures.

119:0.6 The Michael Sons begin their work of universe organization with a full and just sympathy for the various orders of beings whom they have created. They have vast stores of mercy for all these differing creatures, even pity for those who err and flounder in the selfish mire of their own production. But such endowments of justice and righteousness will not suffice in the estimate of the Ancients of Days. These triune rulers of the superuniverses will never certify a Creator Son as Universe Sovereign until he has really acquired the viewpoint of his own creatures by actual experience in the environment of their existence and as these very creatures themselves. In this way such Sons become intelligent and understanding rulers; they come to know the various groups over which they rule and exercise universe authority. By living experience they possess themselves of practical mercy, fair judgment, and the patience born of experiential creature existence.

119:0.7 The local universe of Nebadon is now ruled by a Creator Son who has completed his service of bestowal; he reigns in just and merciful supremacy over all the vast realms of his evolving and perfecting universe. Michael of Nebadon is the 611,121st bestowal of the Eternal Son upon the universes of time and space, and he began the organization of your local universe about four hundred billion years ago. Michael made ready for his first bestowal adventure about the time Urantia was taking on its present form, one billion years ago. His bestowals have occurred about one hundred and fifty million years apart, the last taking place on Urantia nineteen hundred years ago. I will now proceed to unfold the nature and character of these bestowals as fully as my commission permits." Ub 1955

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hi Caino,...how goes it? Havnet been coming on TOL much, once in awhile, any new insights or subjects in the UB you studying or exploring? :)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
After the water to wine episode in Canna, Jesus made a decision which would determine the course of future events as regards to his public identity.

"137:5.3 That night Jesus did not sleep. Donning his evening wraps, he sat out on the lake shore thinking, thinking until the dawn of the next day. In the long hours of that night of meditation Jesus came clearly to comprehend that he never would be able to make his followers see him in any other light than as the long-expected Messiah. At last he recognized that there was no way to launch his message of the kingdom except as the fulfillment of John's prediction and as the one for whom the Jews were looking. After all, though he was not the Davidic type of Messiah, he was truly the fulfillment of the prophetic utterances of the more spiritually minded of the olden seers. Never again did he wholly deny that he was the Messiah. He decided to leave the final untangling of this complicated situation to the outworking of the Father's will."

Right Divider

Body part
After the water to wine episode in Canna, Jesus made a decision which would determine the course of future events as regards to his public identity.

"137:5.3 That night Jesus did not sleep. Donning his evening wraps, he sat out on the lake shore thinking, thinking until the dawn of the next day. In the long hours of that night of meditation Jesus came clearly to comprehend that he never would be able to make his followers see him in any other light than as the long-expected Messiah. At last he recognized that there was no way to launch his message of the kingdom except as the fulfillment of John's prediction and as the one for whom the Jews were looking. After all, though he was not the Davidic type of Messiah, he was truly the fulfillment of the prophetic utterances of the more spiritually minded of the olden seers. Never again did he wholly deny that he was the Messiah. He decided to leave the final untangling of this complicated situation to the outworking of the Father's will."
You just keep posting garbage....take it to the dump instead.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No kidding? Of course He did... they were His people. Jesus was a Jew.

And had they accepted the original gospel they would be preaching it today from Jerusalem and Jesus would have simply returned to his place on high.

It was the Original gospel that angered the Jews. They rejected the gospel and tried to kill Jesus.

After Jesus left a new speculative gospel replaced the original. It was the theory that Jesus was a sacrifice for sins.

The UB has the original Gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
And had they accepted the original gospel they would be preaching it today from Jerusalem and Jesus would have simply returned to his place on high.
I love made up terms.

It was the Original gospel that angered the Jews. They rejected the gospel and tried to kill Jesus.

After Jesus left a new speculative gospel replaced the original. It was the theory that Jesus was a sacrifice for sins.

The UB has the original Gospel.
The UB is pile of garbage.

Right Divider

Body part
The rejection and killing of Jesus was the will of the devil.
Yes, it was AND it was God's will that Christ would die for the sins of the world.

Luk 22:42 KJV Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Throw that UB trash in the trash bin and believe God's word.

Status
Not open for further replies.