The Religion of Blinding Bluster

PureX

You claim nobody can know the truth. That means you are arguing for ignorance from a position of ignorance.
Yes, making human ignorance (unknowing) self evident. And I'm not arguing, you are. I am simply pointing out a fact of our reality.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If that Mosaic Law

Romans 1 is not the Mosaic Law.

Haven't you ever read it?

Here, I'll quote it for you, so that you don't even have to get your Bible out:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.Professing to be wise, they became fools,and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:18-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:18-32&version=NKJV

still applies to you,

I, as a member of the Body of Christ, am dead to the law. It has no hold on me because of what Christ did. I live by faith in God.

Society as a whole, however, is not, ESPECIALLY those who have not come to Christ.

Thus, as Paul says, we establish the law. "Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness," those four laws are the foundations of society, with "do not covet" being the means by which we establish motive, despite it not being a crime itself, only a sin.

just say so, and include which ever other OT Laws still are binding too.

Binding to whom?

Wasn't Romans 1 written after mid-Acts?

Yes, and?

Ignoring your post makes me a sinner? My! Don't you think highly of yourself!

Not what I said, and you know it, and the thread is still there for all to see. But that's typical for a liar.

Now answer the question, PureX.

Once again, under what circumstance could rape, murder, abuse ever be okay?

PureX

Romans 1 is not the Mosaic Law.

Haven't you ever read it?

Here, I'll quote it for you, so that you don't even have to get your Bible out:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.Professing to be wise, they became fools,and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:18-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:18-32&version=NKJV

I, as a member of the Body of Christ, am dead to the law. It has no hold on me because of what Christ did. I live by faith in God.

Society as a whole, however, is not, ESPECIALLY those who have not come to Christ.

Thus, as Paul says, we establish the law. "Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness," those four laws are the foundations of society, with "do not covet" being the means by which we establish motive, despite it not being a crime itself, only a sin.

Binding to whom?

Yes, and?

Not what I said, and you know it, and the thread is still there for all to see. But that's typical for a liar.

Now answer the question, PureX.

Once again, under what circumstance could rape, murder, abuse ever be okay?
To save the future of humanity.

PureX

PureX, I know you love ignoring posts which show you to be the sinner that you are, but this one needs an answer.
Is it a sin for me to disagree with your view of the Bible and Christianity? Because it looks a lot like this is what you're thinking, here.

Right Divider

Body part
I interpret the story according to my own experiences, the same as everyone else does.
So the "story" is good enough to base your life on by "experiential interpretation"? Even though the "Bible" is just man-made? What if someone else's "experiential interpretation" is better? What if they have "better experiences"? What if two people have "experiential interpretations" that disagree? What is everyone's "experiential interpretations" disagree?

Last edited:

PureX

So the "story" is good enough to base your life on by "experiential interpretation"? Even though the "Bible" is just man-made? What is someone else's "experiential interpretation" is better? What if they have "better experiences"? What if two people have "experiential interpretations" that disagree? What is everyone's "experiential interpretations" disagree?
Welcome to the human condition.

What if Jesus was in a spaceship hiding behind the Hale-Bopp Comet awaiting our arrival via a poisonous death, as the Heaven's Gate cult believed? And now we've all missed our ride to heaven?

People believe whatever makes sense to them regardless of whether it makes sense to anyone else. It all depends on their life experiences and how they have learned to interpret those experiences. It's why your claim that God wrote the Bible means very little to me. And why my realization that God's spiritual gifts within us can heal us and save us from ourselves means so much to me and so little to you. I'm not interested in creating and maintaining any delusions of righteousness via religious ideology because I have the gifts of God's spirit to guide me. And I am willing to trust in them.

You feel otherwise, and so be it. We can debate the differences if you want to, but I'm not here to fight, or to change anyone's mind. So if that looks like where the debate is going, I'll disengage. I don't need to be right. And I don't need to be here.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Welcome to the human condition.
So it's a free-for-all and we can know nothing for sure? That's silly.
What if Jesus was in a spaceship hiding behind the Hale-Bopp Comet awaiting our arrival via a poisonous death, as the Heaven's Gate cult believed? And now we've all missed our ride to heaven?
You are a loony tune.
People believe whatever makes sense to them regardless of whether it makes sense to anyone else.
That yet... some people are completely wrong; like you.
It all depend on their life experiences and how they have learned to interpret thos experiences.
Mystic nonsense.
It's why your claim that God wrote the Bible means very little to me.
Your dismissal of my claim that God wrote the Bible means nothing at all to me.
And why my realization that God's spiritual gifts within us can heal us and save us from ourselves and help us to help others to heal means so much to me and so little to you.
Your rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ is duly noted.
I'm not interested in creating and maintaining any delusions of righteousness via religious ideology because I have the gifts of God's spirit to guide me. And I am willing to trust in them.
Your "spirit guide" is not God's spirit. It's the other guy.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Being born again was for Israel, not for the Body of Christ.

We in the Body of Christ are dead, not born again. We are a new creation, not the old raised to life.
"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Have you ever heard or read that?

PureX

How could any of those save the future of humanity?
How could any of what?

The question was how could rape be justified? And the answer is if circumstances were such that rape would be necessary to ensure the future of the species. Obviously that is not the case, now. But none of us knows what might happen in the future. And my point with this is that because none of knows what might happen in the future, we cannot know for certain that what we consider 'wrong', now, will always be considered 'wrong', absolutely. (Thus, the problem with declaring morality absolutes).

Even now not everyone would consider slavery an absolute moral wrong. Nor will everyone define slavery in the same way. And the same goes for all our moral 'wrongs': murder, rape, robbery, lying, cheating, and so on. People define these differently, and justify them according to their own standards. And this is true no matter how one arrives at their standards.

Last edited:

marke

Is it a sin for me to disagree with your view of the Bible and Christianity? Because it looks a lot like this is what you're thinking, here.
It is a sin for you to disagree with God. It is not a matter of worrying about what others think, it is a matter of you making sure you are right about what God thinks.

marke

How could any of what?

The question was how could rape be justified? And the answer is if circumstances were such that rape would be necessary to ensure the future of the species. Obviously that is not the case, now. But none of us knows what might happen in the future. And my point with this is that because none of knows what might happen in the future, we cannot know for certain that what we consider 'wrong', now', will always be, or be considered, 'wrong'. (Thus, the problem with declaring morality absolute).

Even now not everyone would consider slavery an absolute moral wrong. Nor will everyone define slavery in the same way. And the same goes for all our moral 'wrongs': murder, rape, robbery, lying, cheating, and so on. People define these differently, and justify them according to their own standards. And this is true no matter how one arrives at their standards.
I don't believe God ever has or ever will condone rape or sexual perversion.

PureX

How could any of those save the future of humanity?
Or by "those" did you mean love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity?

Imagine a world where no one went hungry, or cold, or homeless, or in fear for their life, or their freedom, or children's lives and freedom. Imagine a world where everyone understood the value and importance of honesty and mutual respect, and of kindness, and sharing, such that no one was going through life wounded by neglect, or violence, or humiliation, or oppression.

This world could be ours right now. It requires no great scientific advances, nor any impossible twists of physics. All that's needed is for us to choose it. For us to choose to live in the service of love, and forgiveness, and compassion, and generosity, over fear, and greed, and stupidity, and selfishness. All we have to do is choose it, and that world can be our world. "Eden", born again. (Raised from the dead, if you prefer that metaphor.)

Last edited:

PureX

It is a sin for you to disagree with God. It is not a matter of worrying about what others think, it is a matter of you making sure you are right about what God thinks.
God has not told me, nor indicated to me in any way, that He wrote the Bible. If He had, I surely would accept it as such. Instead, a few deeply flawed religious zealots have told me this, and then offered me no cause whatever to believe them. As they clearly are NOT God, gods, demigods, nor any form or manifestation of transcendent divinity beyond any other flawed and confused human. And as a flawed and confused human myself, I see no need for their council. Especially when they are SO flawed and confused that they don't even know they are flawed and confused!

Last edited:

PureX

I don't believe God ever has or ever will condone rape or sexual perversion.
The problem is that your beliefs and/or mine do not create the condition of an "absolute moral imperative". We may hold it as such, but we do not define or determine all that is, was, or ever could be.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
God has not told me, nor indicated to me in any way, that He wrote the Bible.
That's because you have buried your head in the sand.
If He had, I surely would accept it as such.
Your acceptance is not the standard by which we judge the veracity of the Bible.
Instead, a few deeply flawed religious zealots have told me this, and then offered me no cause whatever to believe them.
🤣
As they clearly are NOT God, gods, demigods, nor any form or manifestation of transcendent divinity beyond any other flawed and confused human.
Perhaps you never notices that Jesus revered the Bible.
And as a flawed and confused human myself,
understatement
I see no need for their council.
Nor we yours.
Especially when they are SO flawed and confused that they don't even know they are flawed and confused!
Look in a mirror. You're the biggest hypocrite on the site.