The Rump Congress and the Christmas Coup

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned

I hate twitter. I noticed some people think Jeff Sessions is doing all in his power to protect the President. He always seems to bow out of completely defending him though.

The **** has hit the fan. Mueller needs at least to explain himself. Russians gave us info, but Trump thinks we are obligated to do what the Russian Mafia's stars want. Get real, Donald, and step aside when the time comes; or at least, get your tax returns vetted.

rexlunae

I hate twitter.

I do too. But sometimes you have to go where the information is.

I noticed some people think Jeff Sessions is doing all in his power to protect the President. He always seems to bow out of completely defending him though.

Sessions is recused from the Russia investigation. There's only so much he can do. Trump seems to think that's what he was supposed to be doing.

Mueller needs at least to explain himself.

His two confessions and plea deals, and two indicted defendants are doing the speaking for Mueller. That alone is a great reason to leave him alone and let him work.

Russians gave us info, but Trump thinks we are obligated to do what the Russian Mafia's stars want. Get real, Donald, and step aside when the time comes; or at least, get your tax returns vetted.

He'll never voluntarily leave office. That would involve him having some regard for the good of the country, which he will never prioritize ahead of his own interests.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's sure looking like we're facing an impending coup.
It has been a coup attempt by the dems since November 9th 2016. A coup to remove a sitting President at all costs. Americans should be worried about the countless corrupt actions in the last 2 years. Here is another example of corruption against a Presidential candidate, not including the Russian collusion and payments to Russian sourced Fake News.

• [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]

Exclusive: Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers
A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trumpduring the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.
California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.
The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.
Bloom, who has assisted dozens of women in prominent harassment cases and also defended film executive Harvey Weinstein earlier this year, represented four women considering making accusations against Trump last year. Two went public, and two declined.In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year’s election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...wyer-sought-donor-cash-for-two-trump-accusers

[/COLOR]

rexlunae

It has been a coup attempt by the dems since November 9th 2016. A coup to remove a sitting President at all costs.

No, it hasn't. Trump has repeatedly gotten tripped up in the ordinary accountability mechanisms built into the government by generations of law and practice. Now he's in such a mess that he's backed himself into a corner, but it's all because he hasn't chosen to follow the law, or even figure out what the law requires of him.

Americans should be worried about the countless corrupt actions in the last 2 years. Here is another example of corruption against a Presidential candidate, not including the Russian collusion and payments to Russian sourced Fake News.

I'll give you a chance to clean that up a bit...

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I believe if the republicans interfere with Mueller's investigation, they might feel like not paying Mueller to do what the Democrats should be do themselves. But I see a lot motivations which have nothing to do with the public good everywhere.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I believe if the republicans interfere with Mueller's investigation, they might feel like not paying Mueller to do what the Democrats should be do themselves. But I see a lot motivations which have nothing to do with the public good everywhere.
Nobody is "interfering" in Mueller's corrupt investigation, it's falling apart on it's own. Poor choices and blatant bias cannot be ignored. Is it "interfering" to expose the FBI's lead investigator who also changed the words on the Clinton email case, interviewed Flynn and asked questions they already knew the answer to and was put on Mueller's team. There's much much more than that and Americans need to know.

There is no collusion and no obstruction of justice. The President can fire anyone for any reason. Comey testified that Trump did not direct him or order him to drop the investigation. Comey leaked, a crime, and was told to tell America that the Clinton emails "a matter". There is just too much to put in this post but the coup began long ago and is just now being revealed.

The whole investigation started with a Fake Russian Dossier compiled by foreign actors connected to Russia and paid for by Clinton. The spying on a Presidential candidate began based on that Fake Dossier. Since then, we now see the bias and corruption from the dems and Mueller's team.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trey Gowdy seems to be trying to threaten or intimidate the FBI:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trey-gowdy-suggests-deputy-fbi-director-will-be-ousted-soon-2017-12

Politicizing the FBI and the administration of justice is incredibly dangerous. This is what authoritarian regimes do to stifle dissent. And the fact that Republicans are trying so hard to do it should scare any American.
Let Congress do it's work, just like Mueller. Authoritarian regimes overthrow leaders like the dems want to do. I can't believe how blind and biased you are.

Danoh

That could happen in about a year, but what happens between now and then matters a lot. If Trump is allowed to overthrow the accountability mechanisms that are currently investigating him, he could silence any form of criticism, even mess with the election. If he's willing to cheat to win once, he'll do it again.

You have nothing to worry about Rex - in his case absolute power corrupts...absolutely.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's sure looking like we're facing an impending coup.

Donald Trump is an authoritarian who does not recognize the rule of law, and does not permit any sort of accountability for himself. He has been attacking the investigations against him all year, but in the last week, members of his own party have been both attempting to shut down the investigations into Russian interference with the 2016 election, with the loud encouragement of his propaganda wing at Fox News.

So, what I think is about to happen is this: Like in 1973, there will be a second Saturday Night Massacre. Some number of Justice Department officials will be fired, until someone can be found to remove Robert Mueller. Unlike 1973, however, Republicans will not move against this abrogation of the Constitutional order. Republicans right now are so ideologically driven, and so committed to Trump, and so determined to get as many goodies for their wealthy patrons as they can, that they have essentially turned the US Congress into a rump Congress where the minority is not heard or represented, and they don't have input on legislation. Meanwhile, the Democrats are so committed to the old Constitutional order that they still believe this stuff can't happen here and they are engaged in business as usual without necessary planning for what happens when Trump seizes power and shuts down the regular Justice Department and FBI function of holding the administration to account.

2018 will be a dark year for America, and for anyone with an interest in peace, freedom, democracy, the truth and the free press, or the rule of law. And it's coming fast. And most of the people here will be cheering it on the whole way into the abyss. But it is make-or-break for the ability to save the Republic.

I see it the opposite way.
This will be our finest hour.
We shall drain the swamp.

rexlunae

Let Congress do it's work, just like Mueller.

Congress isn't doing their work. They have every chance, they just don't have the interest. It's one thing to be partisan, it is a political body, after all, but they're exhibiting a complete contempt for the law that previous iterations of that body have passed. Trey Gowdy could never get enough of absolutely baseless investigations of Hillary Clinton, but he doesn't want to leave a criminal investigation conducted by career civil servants to run its course.

Authoritarian regimes overthrow leaders like the dems want to do. I can't believe how blind and biased you are.

That's almost precisely the opposite of authoritarianism, even at face value. Holding the man in the highest office in the land to the law is constitutionalism, not authoritarianism. And it's one of the founding principles of this republic that no man is above the law.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Both sides sound guilty then.

And I am sorry but Trump's collusion with Russia is an open and shut case. Mueller is doing a vetting that should have been done. Remember Trump did not reveal his tax returns to the FBI.

We need a flat tax for middle class tax incomes of 10 percent. Under King Donald, we aren't getting it.

Perhaps I just like Mike Pence more than Donald Trump.

rexlunae

I see it the opposite way.
This will be our finest hour.

Are you a Russian oligarch? Otherwise, no.

We shall drain the swamp.

You're setting yourself up to drain the government of career civil servants, the best and the brightest, and replace them with corrupt self-dealers and criminals with more loyalty to a hostile foreign power than to this country. And all at the behest of the most obvious demagogue in recent memory.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Are you a Russian oligarch? Otherwise, no.

You're setting yourself up to drain the government of career civil servants, the best and the brightest, and replace them with corrupt self-dealers and criminals with more loyalty to a hostile foreign power than to this country. And all at the behest of the most obvious demagogue in recent memory.
I see the executive branch as too big, and Trump's choices as bad ones.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Both sides sound guilty then.

And I am sorry but Trump's collusion with Russia is an open and shut case. Mueller is doing a vetting that should have been done. Remember Trump did not reveal his tax returns to the FBI.

We need a flat tax for middle class tax incomes of 10 percent. Under King Donald, we aren't getting it.

Perhaps I just like Mike Pence more than Donald Trump.
You're not too bright are ya? Trump's collusion with Russia? It doesn't exist, that's why Mueller can't find it. Releasing tax returns is not a law, nor is it required of a candidate or President. Do you think the dems are fighting for a 10% flat tax? :kookoo: