The Son of God = God.....no question

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What makes Jesus Christ God is the fact that He was conceived in the womb of the virgin

There is no need to be lurid or foolish about this, I sincerely hope nobody will be. But the God seed was placed in Mary as surely as though God had not by passed the natural process.

Whenever He is addressed in the bible "Son of God, the only begotten" Jesus Christ is being referred to as God.

To me it has always been one of the simplest truths of the bible to understand, that whatever the Father is, the Son must be also. The same in essence, in nature, and in attributes.

And that is how He is presented in the bible.

But Jesus said "flesh and blood does not reveal this but His Father in heaven" this is the dividing line between who is truly in Christ's church and who is not.

Last edited:

keypurr

What makes Jesus Christ God is the fact that He was conceived in the womb of the virgin

There is no need to lurid or foolish about this, I sincerely hope nobody will be. But the God seed was placed in Mary as surely as though God had not by passed the natural process.

Whenever He is addressed in the bible "Son of God, the only begotten" Jesus Christ is being referred to as God.

To me it has always been one of the simplest truths of the bible to understand, that whatever the Father is, the Son must be also. The same in essence, in nature, and in attributes.

And that is how He is presented in the bible.

But Jesus said "flesh and blood does not reveal this but His Father in heaven" this is the dividing line between who is truly in Christ's church and who is not.

I disagree Totton, your assuming a lot.

God is a position, not a name. The son of a President is not the President. The son of a king is not the king. Jesus is the son of God, not God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the son of God, not God.

The word "God" is a generic term. I've not seen anyone claim that Jesus is the Most High but he is addressed in scripture as God.

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8 NKJV)​

John also says the Word was God and the Word became flesh. Why do you not believe the scriptures?

keypurr

The word "God" is a generic term. I've not seen anyone claim that Jesus is the Most High but he is addressed in scripture as God.

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8 NKJV)​

John also says the Word was God and the Word became flesh. Why do you not believe the scriptures?

You overlooked the words "therfore God, your God" in the next verse. Christ has a God who he submits to.

keypurr

I believe the scriptures friend, but one needs to see all the scriptures to see the content. Christ is a created form of God, he is a god, made so by his God. But to say he is the most high God would be a huge mistake.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The scripture says He being in the form of God....equal with God, humbled Himself.

The Father did not humble Him, He humbled Himself.

keypurr

No scripture says that. Do you worship Christ?

Heb 1:3. What is the express IMAGE.

Name any image that is not created.

Col 1:15, Christ is firstborn of all CREATURES/CREATION.

Christ was MADE a little lower than the Angels.

What does that mean to you?

Many questions to answer Jamie. I am still seeking them.

Read Phil 2, a form of God is mentioned.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ was MADE a little lower than the Angels.

What does that mean to you?

It means this: "Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." (Hebrews 2:17 NKJV)

Is Christ still lower than the angels?

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him." (Hebrews 1:6 NKJV)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
keeps goes round and round in circles...like a dog chasing it's tail

The bible says Christ is God..."oh it can't mean that, it must mean something else" round and round he goes.

keypurr

God does not have an image, He is spirit...Christ IS the image of God...He is God.

Amen, that proves my point that his true son is a spirit for he is a copy of God. God sent his son from heaven to dwell in his flesh soon on earth. The image of any subject does not make it the subject that it is the image of. When you look in the mirror you see an image of you, not you. Christ is the exact image of his creator. He was given the fullness of his God. He is the most powerful creature ever, but he is not God. His Father is greater than ALL.

keypurr

Amen, that proves my point that his true son is a spirit for he is a copy of God. God sent his son from heaven to dwell in his flesh soon on earth. The image of any subject does not make it the subject that it is the image of. When you look in the mirror you see an image of you, not you. Christ is the exact image of his creator. He was given the fullness of his God. He is the most powerful creature ever, but he is not God. His Father is greater than ALL.

Read Heb 1:3 Totton.