The Son of God = God.....no question

achduke

You seem to believe that Jesus was thirty years old before he received God's Spirit. Yet John who baptized Jesus had God's Spirit from birth.

Paul tells us in Ephesians 4:4 that there is one body and one Spirit. You say that one Spirit was Christ so what Spirit indwelt John from his birth?

Also it was God's Spirit that caused Mary to become pregnant. Do you believe Christ was the father of Jesus?

Did John have the fullness of the Spirit in him like Christ?

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwells all the fullness of the Deity bodily.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye.

Zechariah 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave its engraving, says the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Zechariah 4:10 For who has despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel; these seven are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Last edited:

1Way1Truth1Life

I don't follow links generally. Especially if posted without descriptions and points of view for the position a person is taking. As a general rule I don't go and break apart a link's position. This is a discussion forum and so if you were to post your actual position and reasoning in text format here that is different.

Also as a side note even though JW's have a perverted bible that adds and takes away from God's Scripture, it is still easily usable to show Jesus is God. As I have stated from Genesis 1:1 a Revelation 22:21 Scripture declares Jesus is God.

RBBI

That's a shame because it would do you a world of good to read it. And no, I didn't get what I'm saying from the article, I got it from the Teacher's mouth.

Zeke

What makes Jesus Christ God is the fact that He was conceived in the womb of the virgin

There is no need to be lurid or foolish about this, I sincerely hope nobody will be. But the God seed was placed in Mary as surely as though God had not by passed the natural process.

Whenever He is addressed in the bible "Son of God, the only begotten" Jesus Christ is being referred to as God.

To me it has always been one of the simplest truths of the bible to understand, that whatever the Father is, the Son must be also. The same in essence, in nature, and in attributes.

And that is how He is presented in the bible.

But Jesus said "flesh and blood does not reveal this but His Father in heaven" this is the dividing line between who is truly in Christ's church and who is not.

That seed is born within flesh after the first born comes into the world not before Gen 4:1-2, Cain and Able represented this same teaching that Paul is teaching in Gal 4:21-29, Sarah/Mary represented that pure conscience/womb called from above/Jerusalem Gal 4:26 where the second born of the spirit is conceived, Luke 17:20-21, and is only observed within the temple/skull/manger like Jacob encountered in Gen 32:30. Or you can keep killing that allegorical truth Gal 4:24 through the literal letter/religions/theologies/ dogmas that feed the first born of Eve/Hagar under law where ego is pretending to be the spiritual second born from above 2Cor 3:6, it certainly kills Jesus/Able daily.

RBBI

That seed is born within flesh after the first born comes into the world not before Gen 4:1-2, Cain and Able represented this same teaching that Paul is teaching in Gal 4:21-29, Sarah/Mary represented that pure conscience/womb called from above/Jerusalem Gal 4:26 where the second born of the spirit is conceived, Luke 17:20-21, and is only observed within the temple/skull/manger like Jacob encountered in Gen 32:30. Or you can keep killing that allegorical truth Gal 4:24 through the literal letter/religions/theologies/ dogmas that feed the first born of Eve/Hagar under law where ego is pretending to be the spiritual second born from above 2Cor 3:6, it certainly kills Jesus/Able daily.

Beautiful...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did John have the fullness of the Spirit in him like Christ?

Did John have enough of God's Spirit to do his job? That's what counts.

Anyway, keypurr claims that Christ usurped Jesus' body and was a different spirit than God's Spirit.

keypurr

Did John have enough of God's Spirit to do his job? That's what counts.

Anyway, keypurr claims that Christ usurped Jesus' body and was a different spirit than God's Spirit.

Friend the seed (spirit son) is not the Holy Spirit. Only Jesus Christ was given the seed.

Pray to understand that jamie.

keypurr

Where is any scripture that would show that Jesus had any other spirit than the Spirit of God?

Start by doing a study on the express image of the Father in Heb 1:3.
Then compare Col 1:15-21. God made and exact copy of himself, a spiritual being.
Phil 2 tells you it/he is a form of God.

This is not the Holy Spirit.

God created all through this spiritual son.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Friend the seed (spirit son) is not the Holy Spirit. Only Jesus Christ was given the seed.

The man Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit. You seem to claim that he was filled with some other spirit son rather than being filled with God's Spirit.

Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness... (Luke 4:1 NKJV)​

keypurr

Where is any scripture that would show that Jesus had any other spirit than the Spirit of God?

Acts 10:38. He was given the Holy Spirit AND POWER. The spiritual son has the fullness of the Father, that is awsume power.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 10:38. He was given the Holy Spirit AND POWER. The spiritual son has the fullness of the Father, that is awsume power.

It was the Father who did the works through Jesus. Jesus said he could do nothing of himself.

I can of Myself do nothing. (John 5:30 NKJV)

keypurr

The man Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit. You seem to claim that he was filled with some other spirit son rather than being filled with God's Spirit.

Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness... (Luke 4:1 NKJV)​

Jesus was given the seed of the Father at his baptism. God used that seed to create everything. That seed is the true son that God sent. It needed a body to dwell in for it is a spirit like God is. Jesus is that body that God provided as in Heb 10:5. Christ is that seed that dwelled in and spoke through Jesus. God was manifest (made known) through this spiritual son that came down from heaven. The son of man is this spirit, for he is the only one to come down from God. Jesus was born, this spirit was sent. This spirit is God's first creation for it is the express image of the Father. All power was given to him/it.

keypurr

It was the Father who did the works through Jesus. Jesus said he could do nothing of himself.

I can of Myself do nothing. (John 5:30 NKJV)

The Father sent his true son to do his will. The son can not do without his God. He did not wish to come, but his love for is Father drove him to obey. He became flesh to enlighten us and die for us.