the stoned vs drunk driving study aCW won't like

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does that include alcohol? If it doesn't, you're being pretty darn inconsistent with your alleged care for others' well-being

I wasn't aware that alcohol and marijuana are the same. When I drink a glass of wine or have a beer with dinner, am I ingesting the equivalent of 20 cigarettes?

Smoking One Joint is Equivalent to 20 Cigarettes, Study Says
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...s-equivalent-to-20-cigarettes-study-says.html

I could go on, but I learned long ago not to try and reason with dopers (I just mock you).

Greg Jennings

I wasn't aware that alcohol and marijuana are the same. When I drink a glass of wine or have a beer with dinner, am I ingesting the equivalent of 20 cigarettes?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...s-equivalent-to-20-cigarettes-study-says.html

I could go on, but I learned long ago not to try and reason with dopers (I just mock you).

From your article:
"In the high-exposure group, lung cancer risk rose by 5.7 times for patients who smoked more than a joint a day for 10 years, or two joints a day for 5 years, after adjusting for other variables, including cigarette smoking."

You're an utter fool. Your own article refutes you. Do you even have a clue how much weed is packed into a single joint? I have never ever in my life smoked or seen someone smoke a joint by themselves. You pass it around.

Find me one single medical expert out there who says that alcohol is less dangerous than marijuana if either is abused. Go ahead

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess I should continue since the doper seemed to have missed much of the article:

"Cannabis smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream (than tobacco smokers)," team leader Richard Beasley, at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, said in a news release.

The scientists also noted that marijuana could be expected to harm the airways more than tobacco since its smoke contained twice the level of carcinogens, such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons, compared with tobacco cigarettes.

"There are higher concentrations of carcinogens in cannabis smoke...what is intriguing to us is there is so little work done on cannabis when there is so much done on tobacco,” said Beasley.

"In the near future we may see an 'epidemic' of lung cancers connected with this new carcinogen. And the future risk probably applies to many other countries, where increasing use of cannabis among young adults and adolescents is becoming a major public health problem,” he added.

Study results appear in the in the European Respiratory Journal."

Toke away boyz and girlz.

Greg Jennings

I guess I should continue since the doper seemed to have missed much of the article:

"Cannabis smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream (than tobacco smokers)," team leader Richard Beasley, at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, said in a news release.

The scientists also noted that marijuana could be expected to harm the airways more than tobacco since its smoke contained twice the level of carcinogens, such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons, compared with tobacco cigarettes.

"There are higher concentrations of carcinogens in cannabis smoke...what is intriguing to us is there is so little work done on cannabis when there is so much done on tobacco,” said Beasley.

"In the near future we may see an 'epidemic' of lung cancers connected with this new carcinogen. And the future risk probably applies to many other countries, where increasing use of cannabis among young adults and adolescents is becoming a major public health problem,” he added.

Study results appear in the in the European Respiratory Journal."

Toke away boyz and girlz.

And again: find me one medical expert who says that abusing alcohol is less dangerous than abusing marijuana. Go on now. Git!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And again: find me one medical expert who says that abusing alcohol is less dangerous than abusing marijuana. Go on now. Git!

Put down the bong for a second and focus Greggie.

I just showed you that when you smoke dope, you automatically abuse your body. Alcohol, when used responsibly has many health benefits.

Again, I don't try to reason with druggies, as based on my experiences (and I deal with them daily), they're the scum of the earth (they lie, cheat and even steal from their own loved ones to get their hiiiiiiigh).

Jesus saves, you really should quit wasting your life and have a relationship with Him instead of a bong.

Greg Jennings

Put down the bong for a second and focus
Sorry. I'm just too baked to focus.

I just showed you that when you smoke dope, you automatically abuse your body. Alcohol, when used responsibly has many health benefits.
Alcohol, if drunk by men at two drinks (one drink=one beer) per day (but not together) and by women at one per day, can be good for the liver. However, are you seriously telling me that the vast majority of male drinkers stick to less than three drinks when they go out? An women stick to one? Give me a break. That's stupid as hell. How many drinks do YOU consume when you drink, aCW? Call me crazy, but I've got a funny feeling your liver is all cirrhosis-ed up, drunkard

Again, I don't try to reason with druggies, as based on my experiences (and I deal with them daily), they're the scum of the earth (they lie, cheat and even steal from their own loved ones to get their hiiiigh)
Weed isn't physically addictive. Alcohol is. The "druggies" you deal with that are stealing to support a habit aren't potheads. They might be alcoholics though.

Jesus saves, you really should quit wasting your life and have a relationship with Him instead of a bong.
But.....Jesus gave me this bong......

On a more serious note, you want to find me just one single medical expert who says that marijuana abuse is deadlier than alcohol abuse? Come on. You can do it!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Weed isn't physically addictive...

Contrary to common belief, marijuana can be addictive. Research suggests that about 1 in 11 users becomes addicted to marijuana (Anthony, 1994; Lopez-Quintero 2011).This number increases among those who start as teens (to about 17 percent, or 1 in 6) (Anthony, 2006) and among people who use marijuana daily (to 25-50 percent) (Hall & Pacula, 2003).
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Go ahead and tell us the most popular lie used by alcoholics and drug addicts alike:

"I can quit anytime that I want to, I just don't want to."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Being that you're constantly hiiiiigh on dope, what is your mode of transportation: (Does the wifey drive shag to get his dope or does he ride a tricycle?)

1. I'm not constantly high, but it's creepy that you are pretending to know such details about my daily habits.

I didn't talk about the cross dressing band that you belong to. (Refer to my WHMBR! Part 3 thread where I question shag about his 'interest' in defending transvestites).

2. Even though I'm not high, I walk to work as it's less than a mile away and I care about health.

Do you have a drivers license and if so, how often do you drive?

Regarding the health comment: You've been ingesting dope for what, 17 years now?

Quote:
Without a doubt those who abuse alcohol are responsible for many crimes (DUI, etc.), but keep in mind that your beloved dope is still illegal in every US State but two and that fatal car accidents have tripled in a 10 year period because of dope use.

Actually it's legal in 4 states (CO, WA, AK, and OR) and in Washington DC too.

Without checking, I do believe that 2 of those states and DC recently approved legislation, which means that during the time the study was done, not even 2 states legally had marijuana smoking on their legislative books.

I'm a medical user which is legal in 23 states and DC.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome as I recall (quit laughing aCW, IBS is no laughing matter).

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Is Driving While High Dangerous? Fatal Car Accidents Involving Marijuana Triple Over 10 Years

I clearly stated twice in the OP that driving while intoxicated on anything should not ever happen.

And I pointed out that dope smokers such as yourself are constantly hiiiiiigh.

Feb. 4, 2014

Many pot smokers will tell you that driving under the influence of marijuana is actually safer than driving sober, their logic being that pot smokers tend to drive under the speed limit and use their paranoia to focus on the road. But new research is showing a darker side to the popular conviction that driving while stoned is no big deal.

This was not the discussion here.

When you come to one of my threads shag, you can't continue to live in your world of denial (I deal in the truth).

Quote: aCultureWarrior
According to a recent study of marijuana use and car accidents, fatal crashes involving people who were stoned have tripled over the last 10 years.

But the amount who use it regularly have more than tripled, so your figures aren't adding up in your favor.

Thank you for acknowledging that due to dope smoking, traffic fatalities have tripled.

The report, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, found that the incidence of car crash victims with pot in their systems jumped from 4.2 percent in 1999 to 12.2 percent in 2010.

See above.

And I'll point out again that during that time frame marijuana was illegal in every state, yet traffic fatalities tripled. I'd tell you to pay attention to the body count that you and other druggies are and will be responsible for, but you really don't care about other people do you shag?

bybee

Something not mentioned by Stoners is the long term effects of regular marijuana use. They can be debilitating and irreversible.
This is also true of many prescription drugs now in use....

Last edited:

shagster01

On comparing daily wine to joints...
Does it take you over a week to enjoy your glass of wine? Because about 1/8th of a joint is good enough for me.

shagster01

Regarding the health comment: You've been ingesting dope for what, 17 years now?

And I'll gladly test against a tobacco user that has smoked for the same amount of years and see who's better off.

I've recently started climbing 14ers in CO. That's something smokers don't really do.

Without checking...

Doing your normal research, I see.

And I pointed out that dope smokers such as yourself are constantly hiiiiiigh.

False.

Thank you for acknowledging that due to dope smoking, traffic fatalities have tripled.

I've done no such thing. In fact, I clearly asked you to prove that marijuana was the cause of any of them.

You could have a cheeseburger in your system at the time of a crash, but that doesn't prove the cheeseburger caused the crash.

Greg Jennings

Contrary to common belief, marijuana can be addictive. Research suggests that about 1 in 11 users becomes addicted to marijuana (Anthony, 1994; Lopez-Quintero 2011).This number increases among those who start as teens (to about 17 percent, or 1 in 6) (Anthony, 2006) and among people who use marijuana daily (to 25-50 percent) (Hall & Pacula, 2003).
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

Go ahead and tell us the most popular lie used by alcoholics and drug addicts alike:

"I can quit anytime that I want to, I just don't want to."

aCW, do you understand the difference between a physical addiction and a psychological addiction? It seems that you do not.

I'll give you an example: gambling can turn into a psychological addiction, as weed smoking can. Alcoholism is a physical addiction. Physical addictions cause your body to go through bad withdrawal symptoms if the drug of choice is suddenly stopped. Alcoholics, for example, will have seizures if they quit cold turkey, and sometimes die. Quitting gambling or weed cold turkey may be difficult for some, but there are no physical symptoms. You can't be hurt or die from quitting marijuana. You will hurt and you can die if you quit drinking cold turkey.

Just another reason why alcohol is far deadlier and addictive than marijuana

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
aCW, do you understand the difference between a physical addiction and a psychological addiction? It seems that you do not.

I understand that many people are addicted to marijuana and seek treatment for it.

I wonder what type of withdrawal the shagster would go into if he were to go cold turkey after ingesting dope for 17 years, day in and day out (I picture him in the fetal position, going through withdrawals).

I asked you earlier if you're currently a dope smoker. I must have missed your answer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
But the worse one is legal in all 50 states? :think:

my state has (or used to have) "driving while ability impaired" statutes which did not specify the agent of impairment, just the extent

I suspect that the difficulty with regulating THC impairment is the lack of a reliable roadside testing procedure

as an aside, Canada's getting ready to sell pot in their beer stores

Greg Jennings

I understand that many people are addicted to marijuana and seek treatment for it.

I wonder what type of withdrawal the shagster would go into if he were to go cold turkey after ingesting dope for 17 years, day in and day out (I picture him in the fetal position, going through withdrawals).
And many people go seek help for gambling addictions, because like I told you, marijuana and gambling can both be psychologically addictive. But not physically. Do you understand the difference? Psychological addictions can be bothersome, physical addictions can be deadly.

I asked you earlier if you're currently a dope smoker. I must have missed your answer.

My apologies. I didn't see it I suppose. No, I do not smoke any longer. I also almost never drink, and don't smoke cigarettes.

shagster01

I go periods of time without doing it all the time. I am traveling to Florida in the near future and will go cold turkey for that. I went backpacking last summer for a week in the Rawah wilderness without it. If I'm playing a show on a particular night (which in the summer is 3 or 4 nights a week) I don't smoke. Tonight I'll be out on the town with my wife sober (other than maybe a beer). No withdrawals to speak of other than an occasional weird dream.