The time has come...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Then people would not take any of these means of travel unless, for some reason, the need for travel was so dire that they would be willing to take a 2% or 4% risk.

Let's be clear: this figure of 98% is a trick - the naive are duped into thinking "gee, that's not a very bid risk". Well, it obviously is an unacceptably high risk given the stakes: death.

Again, no one, short of a daredevil or a nutcase, would voluntarily undertake an activity with a survival rate of 98% unless, of course, the payoff is worth taking the risk. And this is clearly not the case for Covid - the only payoff in not taking the vaccine is avoiding an absolutely miniscule of death (or severe injury) from the vaccine.

A final example to show how profoundly misleading this 98% figure is - wingsuit flying. A 2012 University of Colorado study found that for wingsuit BASE jumping there was approximately one severe injury for every 500 jumps undertaken. This is a survival rate of 99.8!. Yet, we all know that anyone who takes up wingsuit flying is deemed to be a daredevil and, quite possibly, irresponsible with their own life. Your risk of dying from Covid - if we take that 98 % figure - is 10 times higher than dying on a wingsuit jump!
I can calculate my risk - my personal risk - over the last year and a half, of contracting the Kung Flu.

It is 0.

expos4ever

Real science does not support the myth that masks prevent the spread of covid. However, real propaganda backed by scientists who ignore the real science, does continue to promote masks as though masks are essential. That is sad, wrong, and harmful.
What real science? You appear to simply dismiss evidence you do not like as propaganda. That will work with the nitwits here, but not with others.

expos4ever

If the risk of getting a serious disease or dying from a vaccine is .02% I suspect anyone with a brain would hesitate to take the vaccine.
As usual, you distort by presenting one side of a 2-sided coin. The real issue, of course, is not the threat posed by the vaccine but rather the threat posed by the vaccine as compared to the threat posed by covid.

But, of course, you cannot afford to play the game fairly since that would obviously undermine your position.

marke

Then people would not take any of these means of travel unless, for some reason, the need for travel was so dire that they would be willing to take a 2% or 4% risk.

Let's be clear: this figure of 98% is a trick - the naive are duped into thinking "gee, that's not a very bid risk". Well, it obviously is an unacceptably high risk given the stakes: death.

Again, no one, short of a daredevil or a nutcase, would voluntarily undertake an activity with a survival rate of 98% unless, of course, the payoff is worth taking the risk. And this is clearly not the case for Covid - the only payoff in not taking the vaccine is avoiding an absolutely miniscule of death (or severe injury) from the vaccine.

A final example to show how profoundly misleading this 98% figure is - wingsuit flying. A 2012 University of Colorado study found that for wingsuit BASE jumping there was approximately one severe injury for every 500 jumps undertaken. This is a survival rate of 99.8!. Yet, we all know that anyone who takes up wingsuit flying is deemed to be a daredevil and, quite possibly, irresponsible with their own life. Your risk of dying from Covid - if we take that 98 % figure - is 10 times higher than dying on a wingsuit jump!
Teenagers and young adults face relatively no risk of dying from covid, but face significant risks from the covid vaccine.

expos4ever

Teenagers and young adults face relatively no risk of dying from covid, but face significant risks from the covid vaccine.
What risks?

And, again, you hide information. Even if there is zero risk of death from Covid and a non-zero risk of death from the vaccine, the vaccine may still be a wise choice since the young person can transmit covid to others.

Last edited:

marke

What real science? You appear to simply dismiss evidence you do not like as propaganda. That will work with the nitwits here, but not with others.
Are you ignorant or the science which has clearly demonstrated the ineffectiveness of masks in arresting the spread of covid?

marke

What risks?
Are young adults or kids at risk of dying from covid? Yes, but the possibility of kids dying from covid is likely less than the possibility of hikers dying from falling space debris. What kind of sicknesses or diseases can be contracted from the covid vaccine? Researchers are finding more and more bad side effects, so it may be helpful to read the FDA warnings that accompany the vaccines.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on July 12 said it will add a warning label to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine that it is linked to a rare neurological disorder known as Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), while J&J confirmed it is “in discussions” with federal agencies.
“The FDA is announcing revisions to the vaccine recipient and vaccination provider fact sheets for the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccine to include information pertaining to an observed increased risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) following vaccination,” an FDA spokesperson told The Epoch Times on July 12.

expos4ever

Are young adults or kids at risk of dying from covid? Yes, but the possibility of kids dying from covid is likely less than the possibility of hikers dying from falling space debris.
I assume you made this up - very creative, I must say.

expos4ever

No, seriously, the risk of kids dying from covid is extremely small. The risk of kids getting sick or dying from the vaccine, on the other hand, is much greater.
First of all, you did not simply say the risk is very small, you said it was less than being likely less "than the possibility of hikers dying from falling space debris". You, of course, pulled that "fact" out of thin air.

Second, since a responsible person would not make a claim without actually verifying it, prithee tell us what figures you have for the risk of a young person dying from the vaccine?

Again, you engage in what has to be deliberate, cynical, intentional misrepresentation. Not in the obvious sense of telling an outright lie, but in the more devious sense of screening out a critical piece of information - that unvaccinated young people are at higher risk of transmitting covid to those who are at risk.

You have been told this before, so you are without excuse - if you had simply overlooked this issue, then you would have a defense against this charge. But you have been told about this other key consideration and you continue to pretend it is not an issue.

You systematically peddle falsehoods.

marke

First of all, you did not simply say the risk is very small, you said it was less than being likely less "than the possibility of hikers dying from falling space debris". You, of course, pulled that "fact" out of thin air.

You are right. I don't know how small the risk is exactly. It could be that the chance of getting hit by falling space debris is slightly less than the chance of a young person dying from covid.
Second, since a responsible person would not make a claim without actually verifying it, prithee tell us what figures you have for the risk of a young person dying from the vaccine?

We have learned that top government officials and scientists have routinely lied to us about the covid virus and the vaccine. When negative reports come out the social media gurus censor the data or take it down from circulation, not because of science, but because of politics, particularly lying leftist politics.

Here is an example:

The user who posted the image wrote in the caption, "I can’t help but to focus on the fact that 943 innocent kids whose parents believed that they were doing the right thing to protect their children — thanks to the propaganda packaged as science — are now injured or dead."
The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed.
So far, there’s no hard proof of anyone in the U.S. — adults or children — having died as a result of getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Three people have died from a rare blood clotting issue that health officials have said could be linked to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which hasn't been approved for children.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

marke

Oops...

Hospitals, government officials, and researchers have been lying to us for months about covid, so I take these unsupported claims with a grain of salt. What hospital are these kids in? What are their names? Is there any way to verify that kids are in the hospital because they did not take the risky vaccine? Propaganda may be pervasive but it is wicked.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have a 99 percent squared chance of not dying from it. The masks are useful for collecting weak germs.

And for collecting harmful ones too:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If the risk of getting a serious disease or dying from a vaccine is .02% I suspect anyone with a brain would hesitate to take the vaccine.
Which vaccine? Not the COVID vaccines! You left out a couple of zeros. Was that on purpose? YES, it was!

I will never understand your comfort level with lying. You simply should be ashamed of yourself.

expos4ever

I will never understand your comfort level with lying. You simply should be ashamed of yourself.
Agree. There is something really mystifying about Christian culture - we adopt a strict, censorious posture on all the groin stuff but give a free pass to systematic lying.

In any event, the anti-vaxxers have no choice but to lie, since their position cannot be sustained based on the facts.

marke

Which vaccine? Not the COVID vaccines! You left out a couple of zeros. Was that on purpose? YES, it was!

I did not wear masks or quarantine. I got covid and recovered. No big deal. People are getting sick from the covid vaccine, albeit not very many at this point. But why take the vaccine at all if I am not worried about covid? And why are vaccers so worried about me if they get vaccinated and infected people cannot harm them?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I did not wear masks or quarantine. I got covid and recovered. No big deal. People are getting sick from the covid vaccine, albeit not very many at this point. But why take the vaccine at all if I am not worried about covid? And why are vaccers so worried about me if they get vaccinated and infected people cannot harm them?
I've said over and over again. I do not care whether or not you get the vaccine or not. Just don't do it because of some contrived fear of getting seriously ill or killed by it. Even if you've had COVID your chances of getting seriously ill or killed by a bee sting is higher than by the vaccine.