The 'Toon Thread

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Since I don't often attend a church service, I find myself killing time in intentionally odd and interesting ways on Sunday mornings as of late. This morning I found several cartoons I think we all can chuckle at, and I thought I'd share a few. I'd like to leave this thread open to post cartoons, sharing favorites(mine are Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side), and just general fun. I hope y'all are having a great Sunday!

calvin-and-hobbes-intelligent-life.jpg

Stupid+Game.jpg

the-far-side.jpg

5191283792_97c072d56c.jpg

atheism-atheist-heaven-cartoon.gif

musterion

If you're interested, you probably won't need to look too hard to find a church that shows cartoons on Sunday morning.

musterion

A Lutheran pastor once showed Speed Racer vs The Mammoth Car as a lead-in to a sermon on "fighting the good fight of faith."

Actually I just made that up, but it's not funny only because it's 100% plausible (and because it's not funny).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The title comment was added by what we have today, seriously disturbed persons, no one, originally, was all that concerned by cartoon material.

This was typical in the theatres in the 1940s, and note, besides the black natives looking like monkeys and being cannibals, the white man had a face of a mule and dog. People were more natural and not so sensitive then. There was also far less domestic crime, yet guns were often purchased through the mail.

"Jungle Jitters"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The title comment was added by what we have today, seriously disturbed persons, no one, originally, was all that concerned by cartoon material.

This was typical in the theatres in the 1940s, and note, besides the black natives looking like monkeys and being cannibals, the white man had a face of a mule and dog. People were more natural and not so sensitive then. There was also far less domestic crime, yet guns were often purchased through the mail.

That's one of the cartoons from the censored 11. They're so riddled with racist stereotypes that there's no way to edit them.

The cartoon is offensive. Among the many indignities in it, having a black man with a ring in his nose used as the gold ring for the carousel? Come on. Even though I've seen it before, it's still unbelievable. And as disturbing as it was then for to have been considered so harmless, it's even more disturbing to think that anyone would still find such a cartoon entertaining today.

musterion

Among the many indignities in it, having a black man with a ring in his nose
You think these folks consider this an indignity?
Spoiler

Murzi2.jpg

nose-ring-4d8599b52de6e.jpg

Please check your privilege and stop judging other people's cultures, they're all equally valid now, haven't you heard?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That's one of the cartoons from the censored 11. They're so riddled with racist stereotypes that there's no way to edit them.

The cartoon is offensive. Among the many indignities in it, having a black man with a ring in his nose used as the gold ring for the carousel? Come on. Even though I've seen it before, it's still unbelievable. And as disturbing as it was then for to have been considered so harmless, it's even more disturbing to think that anyone would still find such a cartoon entertaining today.

You are too sensitive for my sensibilities. In fact all this obsession with the 'race' attitude is too much an attitude of mind control for me to abide, if I were no longer infirmed, no matter my age, I would consider living abroad.

I do not know how much this means to you, or if you care; however, there are many cultures where this 'race' attitude. seen as having one correct outlook where any opposing view is not allowed, is noy the prevailing, and enforced attitude. to the same degree as one's religious beliefs is persecuted in Iran, the high-minded and its accompaniment need to control any opposing attitudes by persecution, and in too many cases prosecution, for me, outweighs other issues, such has weapon ownership, as to where i would freely give up this right, in favor of the right to think my thought and express my opinions without constant censorship.

I would rather live is another nation where there may be less freedoms in many areas, yet the freedom to think freely and do so without condemnation is granted. I have personally experienced far greater freedom in terms of social thought, such as in Spain, Greece, and Italy, even so, in Germany and Belgium, where the climate is far from ideal yet to watch these cartoons, not many would depict the 'racism' when all characters were depicted as unusual, and the sensitiveness always 'hyper-always waiting eye' is present and obsessionally willing to degrade and condemn anyone who hold a differing opinion to ridicule.

Yes, I were well enough, I would leave the USA for Costa Rica and visit my family here, without paying any mind to US society!

Just keep in mind, this country was mine long before it was yours, it was once the producer of this cartoon and many other censored products, while obscenities: vulgar language, deviant sexual acts, and hideous depictions of the norm have moved into its place, as well, the producer of production, not merely services and consumption, as well, a society for trading goods. All this one may partake without the insane 'youth culture' where anyone any maturity is marginalized, and made to be silent.

Reactions: Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You think these folks consider this an indignity?
Spoiler

Murzi2.jpg

nose-ring-4d8599b52de6e.jpg

Please check your privilege and stop judging other people's cultures, they're all equally valid now, haven't you heard?

Uh, no. You're trying to equate cultural norms with white bigotry meant to be demeaning to another culture, based on differences between cultures. You're all about the bigotry, I already know that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You are too sensitive for my sensibilities. In fact all this obsession with the 'race' attitude is too much an attitude of mind control for me to abide, if I were no longer infirmed, no matter my age, I would consider living abroad.

I do not know how much this means to you, or if you care; however, there are many cultures where this 'race' attitude. seen as having one correct outlook where any opposing view is not allowed, is noy the prevailing, and enforced attitude. to the same degree as one's religious beliefs is persecuted in Iran, the high-minded and its accompaniment need to control any opposing attitudes by persecution, and in too many cases prosecution, for me, outweighs other issues, such has weapon ownership, as to where i would freely give up this right, in favor of the right to think my thought and express my opinions without constant censorship.

I would rather live is another nation where there may be less freedoms in many areas, yet the freedom to think freely and do so without condemnation is granted. I have personally experienced far greater freedom in terms of social thought, such as in Spain, Greece, and Italy, even so, in Germany and Belgium, where the climate is far from ideal yet to watch these cartoons, not many would depict the 'racism' when all characters were depicted as unusual, and the sensitiveness always 'hyper-always waiting eye' is present and obsessionally willing to degrade and condemn anyone who hold a differing opinion to ridicule.

Yes, I were well enough, I would leave the USA for Costa Rica and visit my family here, without paying any mind to US society!

Just keep in mind, this country was mine long before it was yours, it was once the producer of this cartoon and many other censored products, while obscenities: vulgar language, deviant sexual acts, and hideous depictions of the norm have moved into its place, as well, the producer of production, not merely services and consumption, as well, a society for trading goods. All this one may partake without the insane 'youth culture' where anyone any maturity is marginalized, and made to be silent.

This country is equally mine as it is yours, and here I am expressing my "freedom in terms of social thought" but you don't like what I have to say. And Kat, you certainly aren't being "made to be silent," you're expressing yourself the same as me and that's okay. It makes for a conversation where two people differ, which is pretty much how things often go, both here and in the real world.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This country is equally mine as it is yours, and here I am expressing my "freedom in terms of social thought" but you don't like what I have to say. And Kat, you certainly aren't being "made to be silent," you're expressing yourself the same as me and that's okay. It makes for a conversation where two people differ, which is pretty much how things often go, both here and in the real world.

It is pointless when there is no possible agreement, and the two are more culturally different than those from foreign cultures. Which is obviously the case here, as I know, my point adheres more to reason among most European countries, as well all Latin American countries.
There is no freedom of thought when put to acts. Such examples can be seen in many threads here.

If anyone told me when I was in my 30s, someday they law would side with homosexuals over Christian values, I would have called him or her nuts. This is one area where change has gone to an extreme. Another is the 'new morality' which does affect social interaction, and more so, if one were doing business in the USA.

The USA was once a Christian culture, now it is as secular as the northern Nations in Europe, and far more managed by government regulations and oppressive.

Foxfire

This morning I found several cartoons I think we all can chuckle at, and I thought I'd share a few. I'd like to leave this thread open to post cartoons, sharing favorites(mine are Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side), and just general fun. I hope y'all are having a great Sunday!

Hmmmmm, that went well...... :thumb:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Here is a 50s cartoon, now suppose to be ‘racist’ by the young moron American crowd. How is it racist, the funny looking people are white, the black people look more attractive, and they are not supposed to be Americans, rather they are native people living in the tropics. I would get along with better them, than the sensitive idiots who are calling politics correct, which is an absurdity, yet many people believe politics can be an absolute right today.

It’s ‘racist’ Popeye beats then up, well that is what happens in all these cartoons, and no one has much to say when Bluto gets beat up.
Morons all!

Popeyes Pappy 1951

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is a 50s cartoon, now suppose to be ‘racist’ by the young moron American crowd. How is it racist, the funny looking people are white, the black people look more attractive, and they are not supposed to be Americans, rather they are native people living in the tropics. I would get along with better them, than the sensitive idiots who are calling politics correct, which is an absurdity, yet many people believe politics can be an absolute right today.

It’s ‘racist’ Popeye beats then up, well that is what happens in all these cartoons, and no one has much to say when Bluto gets beat up.
Morons all!

Popeyes Pappy 1951

I knew a guy that had a daughter born as a goon, her name was Alice. She had a terrible time growing up !! Not nice.