The 'Toon Thread

Foxfire

It’s ‘racist’ Popeye beats then up, well that is what happens in all these cartoons, and no one has much to say when Bluto gets beat up.
Morons all!

Can I assume that, now, you're actually personally viewing the offensive materials in your posts to validate the odiousness of it's content before posting?

Progress comes in small steps I guess. :up:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Y[YT="Popeye The Sailor 113 - Scrap the Japs]bCFZ6nh9djY[/YT]

Similar cartoons should be made today mocking Islamic terrorists. :p

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Can I assume that, now, you're actually personally viewing the offensive materials in your posts to validate the odiousness of it's content before posting?

Progress comes in small steps I guess. :up:

I watch them first for language violation and offensive content, by TOL standards. States it was banned for drug content by the brainlss media police. They should be banning 'four letter words'/ me thinks they desire the masses have language laxity?

Betty Boop, Ha Ha Ha

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said,
YI have personally experienced far greater freedom in terms of social thought, such as in Spain, Greece, and Italy, even so, in Germany and Belgium,
Then I saw this:

RACISM IN ITALY?

Note the difference she mentions about any legal/ medical forums, or documents, in the USA where it is required to state the 'race', as it is part of a national ideology, yet she is saying what I know is true, in Italy you do not come faced with it. See the difference?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
sharing favorites(mine are Calvin & Hobbes and The Far Side)

Calvin and Hobbes is my all time favorite, and Bill Watterson is a creative genius.

I love the snowmen.

CalvinandHobbesandsnowmen_Page_2.jpg

I always wished Dave Barry had done comic strips.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thumper, What Did Your Father Tell You?

[YT="Thumper, What Did Your Father Tell You?']Pi8f9g8-Wpc[/YT]

Thumper's father obviously didn't teach his children how to judge rightly.

The Berean

Superman was introduced in comic books in 1938. In 1940 a series of color film shorts were produced. The quality of animation is amazing for 1940.