ECT The Trinity and War

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would just like to state that the Trinity and the idea of war or war itself are not or should not be related to each other.

There is no reason for a doctrine, right or wrong, to lead to war.

I'm not saying it has, but how can a person consider if the Trinity is right or wrong when others connect it to war somehow?

For example, it has been implied on this forum that those who believe in the Trinity doctrine are for war. But if the Trinity is true or not should be unrelated to if a person is a pacifist, for war, for war in some circumstances, or for just war theory.

I personally am a pacifist. I believe I should be allowed to examine the doctrine of the Trinity to see if it matches up with what the Bible says. My personal belief is that the Trinity was developed as a doctrine after the Biblical period. Further, the word Godhead is not used in the NASB which is the version/translation of the Bible I have used the most in my life. Instead, the fullness of Deity dwells in Him (Jesus) in bodily form.

Colossians 2:9 (NASB)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know anybody that is for war. I know people who will do what is needed even though they don't want to do it.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know anybody that is for war. I know people who will do what is needed even though they don't want to do it.
What does it mean then to be for peace but to engage in war. War does not appear to be the way to peace.

But this was about the freedom to study what is and is not the Trinity, or to learn about the Trinity without supporting war.

Whether in word or deed we should not support war or go to war.

What is needed is a heart fully surrendered to the one true God, which refuses to compromise by doing something contrary to God's will, whether war or killing or whatever anyone would want to call it.

DAN P

Hi and I just checked the KJV and the Greek word for GODHEAD is

is " THEIOTES , G2305 !! Rom 1:20 !!

In the NASB it translates it as " Divine Nature " BUT is is the same Greek word " THEIOTES ".

You should have checked as both have the same Greek word for GODHEAD !!

This is why I am not KJV-ONLY as a lot of Greek words have more than one meaning and I perfer the word Godhead , as there are many who say that Jesus is not GOD !!

DAN P

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I just checked the KJV and the Greek word for GODHEAD is

is " THEIOTES , G2305 !! Rom 1:20 !!

In the NASB it translates it as " Divine Nature " BUT is is the same Greek word " THEIOTES ".

You should have checked as both have the same Greek word for GODHEAD !!

DAN P
In the Christian sense the word Godhead does not imply a head God, as there is only one God.

But the NASB simply reads "Deity".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Only by mumbling idiots. :plain:
No one should be prevented from examining what is known to be a Christian doctrine, whether this doctrine (the Trinity) is believed or not.

There are many Christian doctrines in the world, or at least doctrines attributed to Christianity. If a doctrine is truly Christian I believe it should be evident from the word of God, the Bible.

DAN P

In the Christian sense the word Godhead does not imply a head God, as there is only one God.

But the NASB simply reads "Deity".

Hi and I read from the NASB , and it translates it " Divine Nature ".

Maybe you have a revised text ?

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I read from the NASB , and it translates it " Divine Nature ".

Maybe you have a revised text ?

dan p
What verse are you looking at?

Colossians 2:9 NASB - For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

LINK TO VARIOUS TRANSLATIONS

Here are the two NASB translations I know of.

Colossians 2:9 NASU (New American Standard Bible - Updated Edition)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Colossians 2:9 NASB (New American Standard Bible)
9 For in Him all the fulness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
By Trinitarian they mean the church that has ever been...in other words it is a shabby ploy simply to attack the church of the Living God.....may God requite them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course not, there is no correlation.
Do you know anybody that wants to run into a burning building?
Do you mean that some do or do you mean of course none would want to? There is no reason for war, so then one might say then why do people go to war? Why do people choose to go to war? If a person chooses, it was their choice. If they did not choose, whether by falling into it or by someone else choosing it for them, they are still responsible for what they do.

But again, this was about the freedom to discuss what is the Trinity without being told that you are for war if you do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have always seen a problem with trinity and deity. Mainly because there not even in the bible. People are manipulated by fear when the Trinitarians throw that up at them and they don't have an answer. Another problem is deity, they use it backwards.
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

Stricked Rules Of Believing
Trinity is NOT in the Word of God. Deity is NOT in the Word of God. God the Son is NOT in the Word of God. God the Holy Spirit is NOT in the Word of God. What is in the Word of God is. Dont think beyond what is written, Dont add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

I would think because of scripture that war and trinity are related to one spirit. Satan is a trinity. Dragon, devil, satan. He was a serpent but he is called the dragon, devil, and satan.

Rev 12:9
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
(NKJ)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you mean that some do or do you mean of course none would want to? There is no reason for war, so then one might say then why do people go to war? Why do people choose to go to war? If a person chooses, it was their choice. If they did not choose, whether by falling into it or by someone else choosing it for them, they are still responsible for what they do.

Do you know anybody that wants to run into a burning building?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word Deity is not in your Bible. The word Godhead is.

NKJV "Deity" (no times) - NKJV "Godhead" (two times, or twice)

Romans 1:20 NKJV - For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Colossians 2:9 NKJV - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

NASB "Deity" (one time, or once) - NASB "Godhead" (no times)

Colossians 2:9 NASB - For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

DAN P

Hi and I just looked at Col 2:9 and tghe Greek word is " theotes " and it is a Transliteration , and is translated , Godhead , Deity or the state of being God !!

They like " THEOTES /DEITY " as it is really talking about the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit !

dan p

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi and I just looked at Col 2:9 and tghe Greek word is " theotes " and it is a Transliteration , and is translated , Godhead , Deity or the state of being God !!

They like " THEOTES /DEITY " as it is really talking about the Father , Son and the Holy Spirit !

dan p
Can you use only the NASB?

DAN P

Rom 1:20 uses " THEIOTES " which can be translated Godhead !!

dan p