To All Atheists Out There.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke

How can those of you who say God does not exist, prove the non existence of our Lord Almighty God.

seeing you started this why dont you prove to me, that god exsists.

i dont have to prove to anyone that god does not exist. it is my belief and i dont need to go around proving it to anyone because thats what i believe.

I would like to think there is something out there, there is something beyond this life, but for that i dont know and that will or will not be shown to me when the time comes.

i like the idea of the god Ra.

what ever, who ever you believe as long as your happy with it.

Coteaz

What makes you think we're the plaintiff? You're the one bringing charges against us.
You claim that there is a supernatural being/force that exists despite absolutely no physical or natural evidence whatsoever.

You get to prove it.

Rabbet

Why would the burden of proof lie upon me? Am I God?
Do you claim that God exists? If so, the burden of proof is yours to offer to a person who doesn't accept your claim as true. A person who doesn't accept your positive claim about God has no obligation to prove you wrong. If you want that person to believe in your God, you must offer sufficient evidence to convince that person that your God is real. You bear the burden of proof.

If anything, it [God's non-existence] is something you need to prove to yourself before you can be so sure that He does not exist.
The lack of evidence to prove God's existence is enough for me to accept that God doesn't exist. Or put another way, the lack of evidence is enough to prevent the conclusion that God does exist.

Once again: If you claim God exists, the burden of proof is yours. What can you offer that proves that your God exists?

And for the record: I'm not sure your God doesn't exist, contrary to what you believe you know about me. I always leave open the possibility that your God exists, just as I leave open the possibility that other gods exist. But until someone offers sufficient evidence to prove their god exists, I don't accept their claims about their god. I prefer to be led by reason in this matter, not faith. If you believe I'm wrong, then reason your way into an undeniable explanation that proves your God exists.

Rabbet

spider

I can't prove the non-existence of Yahweh right now, because I'm too busy working on my proof of the non-existence of Aten. I've also got pending requests for Ra, Allah, the Invisible Pink Unicorn, and my imaginary friend from when I was 3. So Yahweh will just have to take a number and be seated.

Quincy

What makes you think we're the plaintiff? You're the one bringing charges against us.
I have never said someone shouldn't believe in God, everyone has a right to believe as they will. But plenty of people tell me I should, that's all I mean.

:squint:[/

For someone who never believed they have nothing to prove or disprove.

spider

Look, if no one ever claimed there was a god, would there be anyone saying they don't believe in it? If no one ever conjured up the idea of a god, would we discuss whether it is imaginary or not? So it's clear who's making the claim here.

Mr Jack

For all the athiests: What would it take for you to believe there is a God? If you witnessed any of the miracles in the Bible - would you believe?
It would depend on the miracle, and how well demonstrated it was; if Jesus turned up, did a spot of water walking and then turned some water into wine, obviously I'd thank him - but I'd consider that it being a trick of some kind is the better explaination.

Hume made the argument that, by definition, any natural cause is a more convincing explaination, no matter how improbable than a supernatural cause. I'm not sure I'd go that far; but if you're going to make extraordinary claims you would need extraordinary proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.