toldailytopic: Earth ends in 24 hrs - How would you spend the day?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 29th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Aimiel

Go out into the streets and compel people to be saved. Jesus promises eternal life to all who believe in Him.

zoo22

Something along the lines of Thanksgiving day or a huge BBQ pot-luck get-together or whatever... Family, friends, food, drink.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Long time in bed with my wife. Then we'd skype each of the kids one last time, and say our good-byes.l

Go out to the lake and walk the soccer fields, remembering. Go to the church just before the end to take part in whatever the parish was doing for Him then.

Son of Jack

My family and I would spend the day together, and we'd be telling others about Jesus while enjoying each others presence.

False Prophet

I would spend the day arguing with that prophet that he was wrong and going through scriptures to argue my point. Nobody knows the day or the hour except our Father in heaven . . .

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Toldailytopic: Earth ends in 24 hrs...

I wouldn't to many things different...
I'd be more thankful for the time we had.
That our time (Mrs Psalmist and me) spent it together to the end.
Call all of our family and be sure they understood John 14:6.
And gloriously into the....................

But wait! Meet me in heaven, it is the earth that has ended.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Same as I spend any other day, I suppose. Maybe try to finish all my shows I'm not yet caught up on [DVR]. And if it was a day I was scheduled to work, I wouldn't go; I'd stay home, or hang with my friends.

Really, it's kind of hard to say what I would do as that's obviously not enough time to do all the things I would want to. A lot of people to call, and see. A lot of things I would want to do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would spend the WHOLE day with my children, grandson, mother and chihuahuas as a celebration of life ...

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get up earlier, if I sleep at all, and cook a favorite meal for my family.

Attend whatever church service my church was doing that day or the night before.

Having withdrawn whatever money I have in the bank, now distribute it to the poor. No doubt there will still be those sorts will continue to operate their stores and expect to be paid for food, shelter, etc. Sigh.

Make sure all my little Shi Tzus (I have 4) get all the treats and human food they could eat, and play with them much more than I usually do.

Spend more time than usual in the Scriptures and prayer with the family.

Walk around the neighborhood saying a final good-bye to folks, offering comforts and encouragement.

Finally, make my wife as comfortable as possible (she is ill and mostly bedridden), then spend the remainder of the day with her as we look forward to our eternity together.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would spend the day arguing with that prophet that he was wrong and going through scriptures to argue my point. Nobody knows the day or the hour except our Father in heaven . . .
That "prophet" you would be arguing with will most likely be some NASA scientist who has been tracking that earth-ending asteroid about to collide with the earth.

I don't think you have thought the OP through quite carefully. :AMR:

AMR