toldailytopic: Gay-marriage ban is ruled unconstitutional.

PureX

Quotes from those who hate God and love the world I would expect to think that holding to a standard of moral behavior to be bigotry.
But no one thinks that holding to a moral standard of behavior is bigotry. I certainly don't.
Nice try but the actual definition of bigot is: A person intolerantly devoted to their own particular belief or prejudice.
Oh, but you didn't finish the sentence: "... especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs". You conveniently left this crucial part out. You also left out the next sentence, too, where it states: "The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing ..." (fill in the scapegoat of your choice).

Bigotry isn't defined by opposition. It's defined by willful ignorance, intolerance, and hostility toward those the bigot opposes. That's why bigotry is nearly always used as the justification for hatred. Hatred is just a heightened expression of the animosity and hostility that's already present. But you understand this, I think. Why else would you keep deliberately leaving these parts out of your rewrite of the definition?

Iconoclast

But no one thinks that holding to a moral standard of behavior is bigotry. I certainly don't.
Oh, but you didn't finish the sentence: "... especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs". You conveniently left this crucial part out. You also left out the next sentence, too, where it states: "The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing ..." (fill in the scapegoat of your choice).

Bigotry isn't defined by opposition. It's defined by willful ignorance, intolerance, and hostility toward those the bigot opposes. That's why bigotry is nearly always used as the justification for hatred. Hatred is just a heightened expression of the animosity and hostility that's already present. But you understand this, I think. Why else would you keep deliberately leaving these parts out of your rewrite of the definition?

No you are correct it is not defined by opposition. I gave you the original definition. All the other junk is the secular cultures addition to make opposition to sin and those who promote it be defined as a bigot. All part of your hatred of God.

So then you are a bigot because you are willfully ignorant about the nature of homos. I have told you in my first 3 posts what is really going on in this society around the homo "gay" issue but you refuse to accept it, thus making you willfully ignorant. Then you defend your willful ignorance which makes you a HOMOSexulaist Bigot.

PureX

No you are correct it is not defined by opposition. I gave you the original definition. All the other junk is the secular cultures addition to make opposition to sin and those who promote it be defined as a bigot. All part of your hatred of God.

So then you are a bigot because you are willfully ignorant about the nature of homos. I have told you in my first 3 posts what is really going on in this society around the homo "gay" issue but you refuse to accept it, thus making you willfully ignorant. Then you defend your willful ignorance which makes you a HOMOSexulaist Bigot.
Even if that were true, and it isn't, it would have nothing to do with the definition of bigotry, or how bigotry harms people. The reason I keep ignoring the "Nut-uh, YOU are!" response is because it's not only silly, it's irrelevant to the discussion.

Iconoclast

Even if that were true, and it isn't, it would have nothing to do with the definition of bigotry, or how bigotry harms people. The reason I keep ignoring the "Nut-uh, YOU are!" response is because it's not only silly, it's irrelevant to the discussion.

Bigot: Person intolerantly devoted to their own particular belief or prejudice...

That is it.. Go look it up in a pre 1970 dictionary.

Thus you fit the definition of a bigot.. You are intolerantly devoted to your own particular beliefs and prejudices.

It doesn't matter what they are or if you are defending the flavor of perversion for the day you can still be a bigot.

And I say you are because you are ignorant on this subject yet you defend what you know nothing about. Thus you are prejudice. And intolerantly devoted to that prejudice.

PureX

Bigot: Person intolerantly devoted to their own particular belief or prejudice...

That is it.. Go look it up in a pre 1970 dictionary.

Thus you fit the definition of a bigot.. You are intolerantly devoted to your own particular beliefs and prejudices.

It doesn't matter what they are or if you are defending the flavor of perversion for the day you can still be a bigot.

And I say you are because you are ignorant on this subject yet you defend what you know nothing about. Thus you are prejudice. And intolerantly devoted to that prejudice.
So far you have accused yourself, God, Christianity, and me of being bigots. Doesn't it occur to you that perhaps the reason you see bigots everywhere you look is because you've got bigotry stuck in your eyes? I'm just sayin'.

Alexandros

If you choose to engage in these vile acts that is your right but, to push your vile acts on society and expect it to be tagged normal, No.
The point is that the homosexual community is trying to gain social acceptance and reduce persecution, not just gain recognition from you that they can do what they want in their own bedrooms.

Whats not to get, Normal Heterosexual people who actually procreate to keep the race from going extinct do not want their children exposed to your perversion whether it be Homosexuality, Transgender Bestiality, Pedophilia et al. We are teaching our children that these behaviors are not normal and don't want it to invade our freedom to oppose it. Nobody says you cannot engage in your perversion, what we are saying is keep it in your own bedroom, don't force it on society, and don't ever expect it to be considered normal because it is not.
Humanity is not in danger of going extinct currently .... at least not by lack of productivity. You can invent all the scare factors you like, but mankind is not going to die out from homosexuality. At least you are still a step up from not recognizing that people can do what they want behind their own doors.

Alexandros

I figured the best way to answer all that at once would be to say, "we recognize this thing called society and how important it is to have stuff like criminal laws and behavioral standards."

Sure we need laws and behavioural standards, but the real question here is why must they favour YOUR opinions?

Now you will say why must they favor MY opinions instead.

You are right, there is no reason why they should. What the laws should favour is, what is the greatest good that can be done to the greatest amount of people, with the least number of people harmed? That's what I believe in. You might too. That is what should determine the matter.

Your perception may be that having married gays walking openly in the streets is harmful to you, to children and to society in general because it somehow encourages further gayness. That's using the premise that being gay is a bad thing.

So that's why I'm asking you, how does it harm you personally what other people do with their own bodies? How does it harm your child if he/she turns out gay? Are you fearful for your/their afterlife?

Now consider, how is it even harmful? It isn't. Maybe if there were only 100 breeding humans left on the planet, yeah that might spell the end of mankind, but that's not the case.

Being gay or legalizing gay marriage for those who are isn't going to harm you, your kids or Homo sapiens.

But showing acceptance for the gay community will help them tons.