toldailytopic: Global flood. Was there a global flood in our history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

Isn't it sad to think that jokia is a descendant of Noah?

Quasar1011

I also vote yes.

Genesis 10:25
Two sons were born to Eber:
One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided; his brother was named Joktan.

Looks to me like a historical record of when the Pangaea landmass finally separated, which was after the flood of Noah.

Another place that mentions the flood:

Psalm 104:1-9
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
O LORD my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
He wraps himself in light as with a garment;
he stretches out the heavens like a tent
and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds his messengers,
flames of fire his servants.
He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved.
You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
the waters stood above the mountains.
But at your rebuke the waters fled,
at the sound of your thunder they took to flight;
they flowed over the mountains,
they went down into the valleys,
to the place you assigned for them.
You set a boundary they cannot cross;
never again will they cover the earth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is the remains of a large wooden rectangular structure doing up high on the Northeast side of Masis, (called Mt Ararat today because of the assumption on what it is)?

What is it? Did somebody take the wood up there and build it on the spot? CIA outpost spying on Iran and the former Soviet Union?

bybee

Welcome back

Welcome back

I know its been a while, but I have way in on this one. And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. Gen7:20" The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. 21 And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man. 22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died."
Lest say that the whole earth was covered in the flood and God wanted to tells us that, how much clearer could He say it than this? In other words, what would a verse have to look like in order for us to believe that the whole earth was covered?

Nice to see you posting here again! Archaeologists are slowly discovering the veracity of Biblical history. I read it. I believe it. God gave us a promise and a symbol of that promise. Rainbows! bybee

Jukia

What is the remains of a large wooden rectangular structure doing up high on the Northeast side of Masis, (called Mt Ararat today because of the assumption on what it is)?

What is it? Did somebody take the wood up there and build it on the spot? CIA outpost spying on Iran and the former Soviet Union?

Pssssst, c'mere, I have this bridge I can sell you, cheap.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pssssst, c'mere, I have this bridge I can sell you, cheap.

That is your answer? Does that mean you don't know, or don't want to answer? Keep in mind, I don't know either, but you have to admit it is rather intriguing. Especially given the eyewitness testimony going back as far as Josephus. Back when the earth was warming, and it wasn't covered in snow. Whatever it is.

Jukia

That is your answer? Does that mean you don't know, or don't want to answer? Keep in mind, I don't know either, but you have to admit it is rather intriguing. Especially given the eyewitness testimony going back as far as Josephus. Back when the earth was warming, and it wasn't covered in snow. Whatever it is.

No, it is not an answer, just a comment. If you are gullible enough to believe that the remains of Noah's Ark are extant on Mt. Ararat, then you ought to be gullible enough to buy the Brooklyn Bridge..(See P.T. Barnum)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it is not an answer, just a comment. If you are gullible enough to believe that the remains of Noah's Ark are extant on Mt. Ararat, then you ought to be gullible enough to buy the Brooklyn Bridge..(See P.T. Barnum)

So back to the question. What is it? Do you think the people that claim it is there, are lying about what they saw, or that they saw nothing, and just made it up?

Jukia

So back to the question. What is it? Do you think the people that claim it is there, are lying about what they saw, or that they saw nothing, and just made it up?

I have no difficulty accepting the fact that some Christians (or non-Christians) are willing to make things up, or to make assumptions about what they see, to satisfy their faith, impress others or make a buck, take your pick (See the Paluxy dino/human foot prints, see Kent Hovind in general, see Walt Brown's Hydroplate "Theory").

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In case you forgot, this is a drawing of what people say they have seen.

What is it? Or did they lie, and they saw nothing? If you think they lied, that is fine. I just want to know what you think of their testimony.

View attachment 15217

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no difficulty accepting the fact that some Christians (or non-Christians) are willing to make things up, or to make assumptions about what they see, to satisfy their faith, impress others or make a buck, take your pick (See the Paluxy dino/human foot prints, see Kent Hovind in general, see Walt Brown's Hydroplate "Theory").

Ok. So they made it up. Nobody saw that thing in the attachment I put on. Just making sure.

Jukia

In case you forgot, this is a drawing of what people say they have seen.

What is it? Or did they lie, and they saw nothing? If you think they lied, that is fine. I just want to know what you think of their testimony.

View attachment 15217

Oh, a drawing, wow, must be what is really there, huh?
I have no idea if "they" are lying or just gullible and hopeful. In any event I think the reports of Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat are nonsense.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"They" saw something. Probably a shadow.

There isn't a difference between a shadow and a wooden structure as described? So they coud have seen some structure afterall? But just be mistaken about what it is?

Alate_One

That is your answer? Does that mean you don't know, or don't want to answer? Keep in mind, I don't know either, but you have to admit it is rather intriguing. Especially given the eyewitness testimony going back as far as Josephus.
Firstly, Josephus was giving reports from other people he himself was not an eyewitness AND the mountain he referred to is not the Mount Ararat of modern times. That particular identification didn't become fashionable until the 12th century.

Indeed the Biblical text refers to the mountains of Ararat, which is a region not a specific peak. It refers to the Urartu which was an ancient kingdom and region.

No parts of the ark have ever been brought back for scientific examination. There's no confirmation at all other than people's stories. Even if there was/is a real ark, that wouldn't prove a global flood.

Status
Not open for further replies.