toldailytopic: Global flood. Was there a global flood in our history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukia

There isn't a difference between a shadow and a wooden structure as described? So they coud have seen some structure afterall? But just be mistaken about what it is?

Who is "they"? The person who drew the picture?

Nonsense. Total nonsense.

Jukia

Firstly, Josephus was giving reports from other people he himself was not an eyewitness AND the mountain he referred to is not the Mount Ararat of modern times. That particular identification didn't become fashionable until the 12th century.

Indeed the Biblical text refers to the mountains of Ararat, which is a region not a specific peak. It refers to the Urartu which was an ancient kingdom and region.

No parts of the ark have ever been brought back for scientific examination. There's no confirmation at all other than people's stories. Even if there was/is a real ark, that wouldn't prove a global flood.

Scientific examination? We don't need no scientific examination, we have the drawing Nick posted. Sheesh!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alate one makes helps make the point. Then again, he is a total retard afterall. It isn't called Ararat, it is called that because of that big wooden thing people have seen.

I just want her to admit they saw something. They could be lying, but it isn't easy to corrobarate lies. So her best guess is they don't know what they saw.

Jukia

Alate one makes helps make the point. Then again, he is a total retard afterall. It isn't called Ararat, it is called that because of that big wooden thing people have seen.

I just want her to admit they saw something. They could be lying, but it isn't easy to corrobarate lies. So her best guess is they don't know what they saw.

"A total retard" Nick, Nick, where is the Christian charity?

If you are referring to me as a female you are wrong. Jukia is a male. Long story involving alcohol, a stripper and a video game.

To bring this to a close, I think "they" are simply lying. OK, how's that.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I showed evidence that every major landmass had clear signs of having been underwater at around the same time would anyone accept that as evidence for a global flood?

GuySmiley

Do you want the people from Florida, Delaware, Louisiana, Houston, New Orleans, New York, DC, Silicon Valley and nearly the entire eastern seaboard having to have to take up residence where you live? The sheer economic loss of that much property?

Human beings can certainly survive even the worst climate change if we make the effort, but the question is would it be the sort of world we'd want to live in?

Huge numbers of plants an animals go extinct, millions of people are displaced. It just doesn't sound like something that is "no big deal" to me.

Do you think that the rise in sea level would be the only consequence of global warming?
Earth to liberals, earth to liberals, come in liberals . . . I put a winking smilie at the end of my post like this ;) That does not mean I think you are cute, or want to date you.

Alate_One

Earth to liberals, earth to liberals, come in liberals . . . I put a winking smilie at the end of my post like this ;) That does not mean I think you are cute, or want to date you.

Aww you don't? Too bad . . . I'm already taken ;) I just wanted to clarify for you and anyone else that might be reading. Don't take it personally. :chuckle:

If I showed evidence that every major landmass had clear signs of having been underwater at around the same time would anyone accept that as evidence for a global flood?

So you keep saying you have this evidence yet never show it. I'm positive this evidence doesn't actually exist because if it existed, flood geology would never have been rejected in the first place.

Retard? Weak words from someone that has clearly demonstrated they don't know what they are talking about.

Ararat doesn't mean "big wooden thing". It's a kingdom . . . its even mentioned in scripture other places than Genesis.

Even the Bible Encyclopedia says this:

It is believed that the land of “Ararat” is the Hebrew equivalent of Urardhu, or Urartu, which was the Assyrian-Babylonian name of the Vannic or Chaldean kingdom (between the Aras River and the Tigris River).

Genesis 8:4

and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.

Jeremiah 51:27

Lift up a signal in the land, Blow a trumpet among the nations! Consecrate the nations against her, Summon against her the kingdoms of Ararat, Minni and Ashkenaz; Appoint a marshal against her, Bring up the horses like bristly locusts

Isaiah 37:38

One day, while he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisroch, his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer cut him down with the sword, and they escaped to the land of Ararat. And Esarhaddon his son succeeded him as king.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you keep saying you have this evidence yet never show it. I'm positive this evidence doesn't actually exist because if it existed, flood geology would never have been rejected in the first place.

So if I presented evidence Alate would likely reject it.

Anyone else?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ararat doesn't mean "big wooden thing". It's a kingdom . . . its even mentioned in scripture other places than Genesis.

I never said it did. I said the Bible says "mountains of Ararat". And the name of the mountain is Masis. But a after the fact common name is Ararat, because of the eyewitnesses say there is a large rectangular structure up where it doesn't belong.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is "they"? The person who drew the picture?

No, people that have seen it. The artist is a....sensationalist. That is why the drawing is used, and not his paintings taken with liberty.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To bring this to a close, I think "they" are simply lying. OK, how's that.

I didn't see this. Thanks. They made it up. Well, the searchers do have a hard time finding it. The mountain is covered in snow all the time. It is only during a warm cycle that people have seen it. Thankfully, sometimes the earth cylces warmer and cooler.

Anyway, some guy decided at a question and answer session to ask an off the wall question. And of course everybody there laughed, until he answered it. Scoffers.

Retired Officer George Carver said:
Well, I don't recall the CIA working on Noah's Ark, but I do remember that at the time there were some pictures taken, and there were clear indications that there was something up on Mt. Ararat, which was rather strange. There were various archaeological expeditions that were mounted. The Turkish government was not too thrilled about supporting them, because it was getting into an area that was politically dicey from the Turk's point of view. But that is but one of the indications, you know, I haven't been up there, I don't think anyone has, but it certainly was eyebrow lifting and it was certainly another indication that despite its splendor as a work of poetry, the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Bible, might not be all that bad as history also

So now that it is established that there is something up there, what is it? You can say " I don't know, but it isn't the ark." Go ahead.

Alate_One

So if I presented evidence Alate would likely reject it.

Anyone else?

I said I don't think you have it. Nor do I find it likely that you know something thousands of trained geologists don't, but please post your evidence.

Is it the hydroplate book again? If so, that isn't evidence.

Jukia

I didn't see this. Thanks. They made it up. Well, the searchers do have a hard time finding it. The mountain is covered in snow all the time. It is only during a warm cycle that people have seen it. Thankfully, sometimes the earth cylces warmer and cooler.

Anyway, some guy decided at a question and answer session to ask an off the wall question. And of course everybody there laughed, until he answered it. Scoffers.

So now that it is established that there is something up there, what is it? You can say " I don't know, but it isn't the ark." Go ahead.
Really? "Established that there is something up there" based on "eyewitness" testimony? Oh and the reason that no one can find the Ark is the Turkish government?

I still have that bridge, I could use some cash.

HerodionRomulus

So what you are saying is global warming is no big deal even in the worst case. ;)

Not at all. The melting Arctic Sea and the ice on Greenland could easily shut down the North Atlantic Conveyor and within a few years Euroope will be under ice. That would be a major catastrophe.

Status
Not open for further replies.