toldailytopic: Guns: Good thing? Or bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I feel with fingers. Emotions on the matter are irrelevant, don't you agree?

I'm not sure what the studies say about owning one, if it really deters crimes or no.

That information is readily available, and probably why you don't know it. It isn't spoon fed on the nightly propaganda machine known as "news".

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Women like P66 would no longer be an easy target for somebody bigger.

Nick, you beat me to quoting Tony Stark, and that's cool. My favourite line from that movie and a statement I seriously agree with. But did you have to go and throw in a dig at me that's highly inaccurate?

Someone like me is only a target of sissy men like yourself because it's assumed that I'm weaker. I'm cool with that. Just makes beating them to the point where they require medical attention and are begging the police to take them away that much more fun. It's not like I need my gun to deal with someone like you, especially you.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Being an Aussie, I have always wondered...what would happen if the U.S. banned guns like Australia did?

I don't think it would ever happen.

Banning guns may have worked just dandy for Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot, but try it here and I think D.C. would have a bloodbath on it's hands.

You know Ghandi was against banning firearms?

Granite

Hall of Fame
:think: If Cain killed Able today he would use a Glock.....cuz they're evil. You can tell cuz they are black.

and plastic

and they fire Teflon coated, baby piercing, cop-killer bullets. :plain:

And metal detectors can't see them. Ever.

DocJohnson

I don't think it would ever happen.

Banning guns may have worked just dandy for Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot, but try it here and I think D.C. would have a bloodbath on it's hands.

You know Ghandi was against banning firearms?

As I've stated before, if you do away with all the guns on the planet, you'd be left with knives, swords, spears, bows, etc. Only those with the strength and skill to weild one of those weapons would be able to defend himself. That leaves out women, children, and the elderly.

Now, do you want to talk about a bloodbath?

Besides, gun ownership is at an all-time high (250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States) while violent crime is at a 35-year low and murder is at a 43-year low. That's according to the FBI crime statistics. So, gun control laws do the opposite of what they're intended to do by only disarming law-abiding citizens.

DocJohnson

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
As I've stated before, if you do away with all the guns on the planet, you'd be left with knives, swords, spears, bows, etc. Only those with the strength and skill to weild one of those weapons would be able to defend himself. That leaves out women, children, and the elderly.

Now, do you want to talk about a bloodbath?

Besides, gun ownership is at an all-time high (250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States) while violent crime is at a 35-year low and murder is at a 43-year low. That's according to the FBI crime statistics. So, gun control laws do the opposite of what they're intended to do by only disarming law-abiding citizens.

You didn't quite catch on that I'm against gun control, did you?

This vid pretty accurately shows how I feel about guns.

Gun Control

Jackson

Really? Are they like the Paintball guns?
Yes they are like paintball guns but they use plastic bb's not foam. They still sting and leave welts when you get hit by them but they are a lot cleaner and cheaper. Plus they are powered by rechargeable batteries so you don't have to buy pressurized gasses like you do in paintball.

As T85 said they do look like real weapons. Mine looks just like an M-4. We usually let the cops know we are playing so they leave us alone. It's a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.