toldailytopic: I am so sick of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Lighthouse, TH thinks you are the TOL autopilot.

Don't you and Godrulz have something like 75,000 posts combined?

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I hate it when I'm listening to someone tell me a story, only to have them stop to read a text, or even several texts along the way. Argh! And then, sometimes they start texting back while saying,"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...almost done..." Can't it wait until you've told me your story first?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hate it when I'm listening to someone tell me a story, only to have them stop to read a text, or even several texts along the way. Argh! And then, sometimes they start texting back while saying,"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...almost done..." Can't it wait until you've told me your story first?
Was that me? :noid:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Autorulz

"I quote the bible when necessary...(forget exact verse).. I have books in my library that refute you in detail that you cannot refute. They do a better job than I would in a few posts…...Google may also help....If you study biblical theology (looking at books, authors, etc.) instead of systematic theology or ultradispensationalism, you would see that... As it is, commentators disagree on… I believe sound evangelical scholarship totally refutes what you are saying … He is not worth reading in light of the sound scholarship that exists ..Sound NT scholarship recognizes.... Whole books have been written on it… The vast majority of godly Christians have not heard of MAD. The best of conservative, biblical, evangelical scholarship rejects it if they have heard of it…. Exact reference again? Did you check other versions or a commentary?... Buy a good commentary for the various opinions on… Hermeneutical books point out that… Even in your traditional view, scholars do not express your issues…I am not an expert on MAD and do not consider it a prominent enough view to gain much academic attention…Sound NT scholarship comes to different conclusions…Who was the prominent author (s) who held to it in your movement?.. I think you will be hard pressed to find commentators who would agree with you…As the Bible Knowledge Commentary points out,… it is not even on the radar of credible NT scholars…. I can't condense 30 years of study from a variety of sources into a few posts… any credible commentary or systematic theology will give you the arguments and verses…. I agree with the commentary. .. Listen to the Doctor (D. M. L-Jones), not radio preachers with weak NT backgrounds. …There is a reason it is a marginal view that lacks credibility among NT scholars…"Feel free to refute the many books written that contradict your views…. There is a reason no NT scholar… It is enough solid scholarship to silence MAD… an ignorant JW who blindly follows an organization or their misquoting of our scholars…. You underestimate the caliber of scholars that God has raised up to keep the sheep from falling for false teaching and ignorance on important subjects. Why should I trust you as an expert on things, and reject those with proven track records and godly character/insights? Eph. 4:11-13 vs internet wannabees with no training or accountability…Any credible biblical theology of John and Paul or any credible commentary or NT scholar or average believer has no problem with I Jn. vs Paul.....There are many resources to help you, but you prefer fringe writers over ones that can give you more biblical answers….but I should ignore more credible sources and their documented evidence? Why, pray tell?!.... What school did you go to again?... I went to Bible College in the early 80s, but have no scholastic club except TOL (which is not very scholastic)...MAD confuses corporate, missional issues with individual, redemptive issues....I did not read this in a book (except the Bible), but I think it is a valid observation..They confuse these concepts, a rookie mistake...OSAS makes sense in deterministic Calvinism, not in a free will, relational theism....Nick's view seems to reduce us to sock puppet automatons and requires ignoring large sections of Scripture. He also misunderstands the nature of faith vs works, morals vs metaphysics, Star Trek vs Star Wars, Venus vs Mars, etc You are simplistic to think it is a matter of what the Bible says when you interpret and twist to fit a preconceived idea. It is arrogant to assume that godly, capable, great thinkers through the centuries who reject MAD (new doctrine anyway) are clueless or without the leading of the Spirit….Mormons have a false gospel and false Christ. Pentecostals affirm the same essential, historical, biblical, orthodox truths that you do, but they do not dispensationalize away the gifts of the Spirit for the first century only. Even those who disagree with our distinctives generally do not dispute our common faith in Christ…..I am not incorrect to point out the emphasis on studying Scripture, etc. for truth. The Spirit of Truth does lead us into truth, but you have to explain why so many sincere, godly believers have such a myriad of divisive, doctrinal views despite the same indwelling Holy Spirit, same sincerity, same prayerful study of Word, etc. (hint: noetic effects of sin; bad teaching; subjective, fleshly impressions mistaken for the Spirit, etc.)….. Free will involves self-determining freedom (ability of an agent to determine their actions). It makes love, relationship, moral responsibility possible. Boyd: The agent renders indefinite possibilities (maybe this and maybe that) into definite realities (certainly this or certainly that). Antecedent and external factors influence the agent but cannot determine the agent insofar as the agent is self-determining. The ultimate cause and explanation for a free agent's behavior goes back to the agent, no further. (so God cannot be blamed for sin and evil and we are morally culpable vs deterministic views that impugn His holy character).

.” - autopilot

I am so sick of Tiger Woods.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so sick of the Oklahoma Sooners not getting their due respect in the BCS, especially when Kirk Herbstreit drools over Stoops.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so sick of men that seek attention, and wear dresses if needed to get it.

lyngraphics

The drive-through workers asking if I want anything else when I just told them "that is all" after my order. AND . . .

The drive-through worker apologizing for the wait, regarless of how long it was, as if I can't handle that 45 seconds it took to get my coke.

Drive thru workers who cut you off when you are ordering with "Anything else?"

Alate_One

I'm sick of sissies that try to take cheap shots at me and fail miserably.

I really don't know why you let this particular group of people know what you do.

That said I'm sick of people acting like they're 5 years old with ridiculous name calling. What is this kindergarten online?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm sick of sissies that try to take cheap shots at me and fail miserably.

Nick is a sissy? How do you draw that conclusion?

Here is where you are pouring the punch bowl over your head. You use terminology that is debasing yet liberally applied to you. Not that you do not hang in there, you sometimes amaze me on that account. It would be better if you chose to call Nick something closer to what he appears to be, not what you appear to be, get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.