toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Indeed ...

I am truly touched.

You have satan's claws firmly imbedded in you

regardless of how you feel about me, the following is true:

Jesus Christ stands before you even now, whether you see Him or not.

He is always waiting for you to turn to Him.

Reject satan and turn to Christ!

Timotheos

You have satan's claws firmly imbedded in you

regardless of how you feel about me, the following is true:

Jesus Christ stands before you even now, whether you see Him or not.

He is always waiting for you to turn to Him.

Reject satan and turn to Christ!

Please stop posting.

I'll enjoy watching you burn Rusha

You are a sadist if you will really enjoy watching someone burn alive.
Don't pretend to be a Christian if you haven't repented of your sadism.

A "Christian-Sadist" is an oxymoron. You can't be both.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I'd just ask him when Mohammed is coming so we could organise a nice little tea party. Preferably not in Boston.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Not one Christian on this planet disagrees with me [...]

I don't believe it! Obvious margarine.

Please stop posting.

You are a sadist if you will really enjoy watching someone burn alive.
Don't pretend to be a Christian if you haven't repented of your sadism.

A "Christian-Sadist" is an oxymoron. You can't be both.

Then you must see Tertullian in a similar light.

Timotheos

Then you must see Tertullian in a similar light.

The definition of sadist is someone who enjoys the suffering of others. Res admitted that he is a sadist when he told Rusha that he will enjoy seeing her burn. If Tertullian enjoys the suffering of others, then I do see him in a similar light. I haven't seen his writing. Has he admitted to sadism as Res has done? Is he one of those who claim that part of "Christiian Bliss" in Heaven is to watch others burn in hell? Ignorance can sometimes be cured, Stupidity is permanent.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Well I'm not sure how any particular group would react. But I'll bet that if Jesus made a youtube video it would go viral.

Lon

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Rev 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
When you stand before him what are you going to say? If you plead innocent, he will cast you away for being a liar and breaking the law. If you plead guilty, he will cast you away for breaking the law. I sort of think that is what you want. I am asking again because Koban and I want to know.

Kind of the way the Pharisees asked Jesus if it was proper to pay taxes to Caesar.

They figured they had him, no matter how he answered. You guys haven't changed a bit in 2000 years.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There are still those today who would want Christ to be a political king who would smite all their enemies.

But He'd still be sitting down to eat with the tax collector, talking to the woman at the well, telling us about the good Samaritan and giving the sermon on the mount - all the things he did to show us how to love.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
and would He still be refusing to condemn people, telling them "Go and sin all you like"?

Hmm... let's see...

John 8:7 When therefore they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [8] And again stooping down, he wrote on the ground. [9] But they hearing this, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest. And Jesus alone remained, and the woman standing in the midst. [10] Then Jesus lifting up himself, said to her: Woman, where are they that accused thee? Hath no man condemned thee?

[11] Who said: No man, Lord. And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn thee. Go, and now sin no more.

Refusing to condemn, yes. "Sin all you like", no.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, yeah - that whole "shake the dust from your feet" thing

That's not even close to the same thing. One is accepting God's will for the person in that moment, and hoping for grace to grow a planted seed.

The other is an active enjoyment of the thought of someone being eternally damned.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That's not even close to the same thing. One is accepting God's will for the person in that moment, and hoping for grace to grow a planted seed.

That's not in scripture :nono:

The other is an active enjoyment of the thought of someone being eternally damned.

rather, enjoying watching the wicked receive their just punishments according to God