toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

The Glory Land

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

He will be received as the Anti-Christ by many, if he was to appear today. :noid:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
pretty much the same as 2000 years ago :idunno:

what - you think people have fundamentally changed in the past 2000 years?

We're living in the new Rome, baby!

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
many will be looking for Him to reign
but
I will be looking for Him to judge

based on our works

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
pretty much the same as 2000 years ago :idunno:

what - you think people have fundamentally changed in the past 2000 yeras?

We're living in the new Rome, baby!

Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss.
~Pete Townshend 1971

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If He stood before you Rusha, what would you say to Him?

Since you are asking that question with ulterior motives , I will keep my answer short and sweet.

Go away, Koban.

As for others who are sincere and genuine in their motivations of asking such a question, I am always willing to answer PM's.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since you are asking that question with ulterior motives , I will keep my answer short and sweet.

Go away, Koban.

As for others who are sincere and genuine in their motivations of asking such a question, I am always willing to answer PM's.

When you stand before him what are you going to say? If you plead innocent, he will cast you away for being a liar and breaking the law. If you plead guilty, he will cast you away for breaking the law. I sort of think that is what you want. I am asking again because Koban and I want to know.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your words and actions say otherwise, Nick. I am unwilling to open up myself to those who hate and wish harm towards myself and those I care for.

Feel free to contribute to the daily topic and have a nice weekend.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Rusha - Jesus Christ stands before you even now, whether you see Him or not.

He is always waiting for you to turn to Him.

Reject satan and turn to Christ!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amusing. In other threads just yesterday, you tell me to go to hell as well as how much you enjoy the thought of me burning in hell.

THEN you add your two cents (more credit than you deserve) in this thread by pretending to witness to me.

Again, Koban, quit derailing this thread and focus on the topic rather than the posters.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your words and actions say otherwise, Nick.

Not one Christian on this planet disagrees with me that you will have to stand before God, who came as the man Jesus Christ, in judgement. Not one. What will you say? I just want to know.

He has reconciled himself to you. Put your trust in that fact.

PureX

I think that if Jesus were here, today, and could see how so many Christians have made a sacred totem out of the Bible, he'd tell them to throw it out the window. And they, in turn, would immediately seek to have him annihilated. Just like the Jews did the last time he was here. Most everyone else would probably just ignore him, as most people did the last time he was here. A few would see the truth and healing in what he was saying and doing, and join with him, again, just as the last time he was here.

Not much has changed since then, really.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
My eschatology may be off, but Christ's second coming is going to fulfill the prophecies which say that He will come in the clouds, and that He will come with His angels. It is going to be an unmistakable event. Newspapers will have headlines like "CHRIST RETURNS." We have to think of this question in these terms, again, assuming my eschatology is correct.