toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
The definition of sadist is someone who enjoys the suffering of others. Res admitted that he is a sadist when he told Rusha that he will enjoy seeing her burn. If Tertullian enjoys the suffering of others, then I do see him in a similar light. I haven't seen his writing. Has he admitted to sadism as Res has done? Is he one of those who claim that part of "Christiian Bliss" in Heaven is to watch others burn in hell? Ignorance can sometimes be cured, Stupidity is permanent.

Yes. Probably THE one to claim such.

I'd enjoy watching a few people burn in hell, problem is I don't trust the authority of an invisible man to arbitrate (even arbitrarily) - but it goes quite a lot further than that, I wouldn't be able to acquiesce to a deity that would expect me to endure the suffering of good people for eternity. But I'm just a "moral relativist", what would I know?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A great many evangelicals would criticize Him for hanging around with notorious sinners...

Which would be everyone at some point in their lives, only not, when they have received Christ because then they have taken on His righteousness.

Can you name someone Christ "hung out" with, who continued to be a "notorious sinner" after they received Him?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think that if Jesus were here, today, and could see how so many Christians have made a sacred totem out of the Bible, he'd tell them to throw it out the window. And they, in turn, would immediately seek to have him annihilated. Just like the Jews did the last time he was here. Most everyone else would probably just ignore him, as most people did the last time he was here. A few would see the truth and healing in what he was saying and doing, and join with him, again, just as the last time he was here.

Not much has changed since then, really.

Actually Christ admonished them for not following the scriptures and heeding them. He even said more times than could be counted "as it is written" and made a point to show them how prophecy concerning Him was being fulfilled.

Mark 12:24 Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God?

John 5:45 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

He would be largely rejected. Many would argue with him, stating: that's not what the Bible says, and He would have to point out to them that it actually does.

They would say, "But you said..." And He would respond, "No I didn't."

pretty much the same as 2000 years ago :idunno:

what - you think people have fundamentally changed in the past 2000 years?

We're living in the new Rome, baby!
Exactly.

res attempts to reach past satan and touch rusha's soul

satan demonstrates the grip he has on rusha:
Or maybe this demonstrates how you have damaged your witness.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did not read the entire OP, and only answered about Catholics. Protestants, maybe some if the best would know Him, Jews, same as before, Agnostics, I think some might turn around, and Atheists? Right???? :idunno:

Charity

He would be largely rejected. Many would argue with him, stating: that's not what the Bible says, and He would have to point out to them that it actually does.

Exactly.

Or maybe this demonstrates how you have damaged your witness.
Interesting point, he is rejected unless he agrees with individuals.

What went wrong that such a simple penalty delivered in the public square can't be returned or backed out off, many convicted to just go away, even after spending their entire life waking at morn an thinking of him. What government would this?

Witness! Has to be right for the enjoyment of the deliver. Mind on him is not fool proof, such is the risk, you can easily turn?

yeshuaslavejeff

he does walk among us today, on earth, and is not received by any of the religious gorups or scholars or mankind. only be a few anywheree, if any.

Luke 14:13-33
King James Version (KJV)
13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.
25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?​
If I imagine Him here, and it is not the second coming, then that only leaves His first coming, and I cannot imagine the world without the last two thousand 13 years. We would all be pagan polytheists, perhaps? Or maybe Muslims, since there would have been no Christendom to repel them? At any rate, there certainly would not be Catholics and Protestants, so that leaves Jews, Agnostics and Atheists.

Jews

Rabbinical, devout Jews would receive Him as well as similar people did 19 hundred 80 years ago when they killed Him. Leading up to that, He would accuse them and prove to them, that they are without God, that they pursue righteousness through law keeping rather than through faith, that in their law keeping they keep the less weighty parts of the law but not the weightier parts, that they value their traditions over the Scripture, and that they value sacrifice but not mercy.

Agnostics and Atheists

Agnostics and Atheists would be convinced at His divinity. He would have billions of followers on twit-er. Every word from His mouth would be quotable and quoted. He would raise the dead and modern medicine and technology would verify the resurrections. He would walk on the sea. If He was visiting in New Orleans a little while ago, right before the levees broke, He would have quelled Katrina with His voice, satellite images would have shown the instant dispersal of the storm, and meteorologists reviewing the event for us would say, "That's when Israel's Joshua Davidovitch said, 'Be still.'" It would be such an overwhelmingly forceful display of unmistakable power, and so unique, something that would make the Angels and Copperfields of the world look like parlor tricksters, Agnostics and Atheists would cede to Him, no doubt.

glorydaz

If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?​
If I imagine Him here, and it is not the second coming, then that only leaves His first coming, and I cannot imagine the world without the last two thousand 13 years. We would all be pagan polytheists, perhaps? Or maybe Muslims, since there would have been no Christendom to repel them? At any rate, there certainly would not be Catholics and Protestants, so that leaves Jews, Agnostics and Atheists.

Jews

Rabbinical, devout Jews would receive Him as well as similar people did 19 hundred 80 years ago when they killed Him. Leading up to that, He would accuse them and prove to them, that they are without God, that they pursue righteousness through law keeping rather than through faith, that in their law keeping they keep the less weighty parts of the law but not the weightier parts, that they value their traditions over the Scripture, and that they value sacrifice but not mercy.

Agnostics and Atheists

Agnostics and Atheists would be convinced at His divinity. He would have billions of followers on twit-er. Every word from His mouth would be quotable and quoted. He would raise the dead and modern medicine and technology would verify the resurrections. He would walk on the sea. If He was visiting in New Orleans a little while ago, right before the levees broke, He would have quelled Katrina with His voice, satellite images would have shown the instant dispersal of the storm, and meteorologists reviewing the event for us would say, "That's when Israel's Joshua Davidovitch said, 'Be still.'" It would be such an overwhelmingly forceful display of unmistakable power, and so unique, something that would make the Angels and Copperfields of the world look like parlor tricksters, Agnostics and Atheists would cede to Him, no doubt.

:e4e: I like it:

glorydaz

So True. :thumb: And in truth, He'd be treated just the same way we are treated when we preach the Word. You're right. He'd be argued with and told He doesn't know the Bible like Calvin did, or He didn't understand we need to obey the commandments in order to be saved, or He was wrong for not worshipping Mary and praying to the saints. Yep, He'd be one of us FAITHERS who are called LIARS and COUCH POTATOES. I feel better already. :)

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Rusha - the OP is a trick question.

Christ walks among us today, even now.

At this moment He stands before you waiting for you to see Him.

John Mortimer

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Catholics - the majority would want to know what the Vatican was saying about him before they made up their minds

Protestants - the "Evangelicals", (using that term in a broad sense), would want to know how every statement he made lined up with their own systems on Biblical interpretation before they made up their minds. Most "liberal" Protestants would be highly skeptical because skepticism is their stock-in-trade

Jews - would want to see a verified genealogy before making up their minds

Agnostics - possibly this is the group that would respond most positively overall? :idunno:

Atheists - "Just another New Age nutter!"

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You are a fool if you think she is here for anything other than to break faith. Or try to break faith.
Just because she's not looking doesn't mean she won't find Him. She came to where He is; who knows what might happen.