toldailytopic: Illegal aliens. What should be done about the illegal alien problem in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 27th, 2010 11:48 AM

toldailytopic: Illegal aliens. What should be done about the illegal alien problem in the United States?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

KingLouie

First the borders must be secured. Until this is done the rest is meaningless.
A good follow-up would include Torrent85's suggestion. Those unable to find jobs will deport themselves...

Wolf

Welcome them

Welcome them

Welcome the Mexicans with open arms and give them citizenship right away. Reject Muslims from any country.

GoingGoldenWCU

Help build up the standard of living in places like Mexico so they do not feel the need to leave. They're leaving because of lack of jobs, security, and housing - if that was provided for them, they would be less likely to go elsewhere.

torrent85

Help build up the standard of living in places like Mexico so they do not feel the need to leave. They're leaving because of lack of jobs, security, and housing - if that was provided for them, they would be less likely to go elsewhere.
I don't know if you know this but the majority of factories and companies that produce have move opperations to Mexico because of lower costs to produce. This is not why they come here, money is part of it, but government is the other half. You can make all the laws you want and we got them but you have to inforce them.

fool

Hall of Fame

Let's just buy them all a new pony.
That's a great idea.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Who is going to do this the USA? I think the USA should learn to stay in its own backyard.

Tiberius

Help build up the standard of living in places like Mexico so they do not feel the need to leave.

Help build Mexico when our own nation is sinking? We won't be able to help anyone if we keep on this course. You need a healthy back to hold another on your shoulders.

GoingGoldenWCU

Help build Mexico when our own nation is sinking? We won't be able to help anyone if we keep on this course. You need a healthy back to hold another on your shoulders.

But we can meddle in the affairs of others, elsewhere on the planet? What is so absurd about helping to bolster them, when they obviously have an infrastructure that needs help? By having a healthy neighbor, we can benefit from that relationship. I don't disagree that we need to get our own feet under us first but I don't think we should ignore them - especially if their people continue to enter our country.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Mexicans are not the only people coming here, the second largest group is Chinese. There are also people from South and Central America moving into Mexico; it is a natural (national) movement.

This reminded me of the 0% growth thread, where that poster was alluding to the growth of European Americans only. Well it is their own fault they do not want to have kids! I say let them in, but pass laws which make it impossible to receive government services until they are here for twenty years. We need workers, not more welfare bums. Forget the naturalization birth act, why pay out prenatal care? Let then come as many as can work as adults and then support their own families.

There should be something else, call it the two for one program, that is for every new citizen, the host country has to give full citizen rights to one North American. Lets retired Americans take their pensions to the beautiful parts of the world and live, not in special high priced, for USA only, but amongst the average people of the nation, let us buy farms and hire the local people to work them. This way everything goes around and around as it should do naturally.

I am too ill, otherwise I would like to spend my golden years on a ranch in Costa Rica.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would like to spend my golden years on a ranch in Costa Rica.

My family has been in the southern part of the USA for, how long do the Africans say they been captives?

Oh, they say 400 years.

Ok, I say 400 years then, I know my family had to already be here.

African Americans, European Americans, the emphasis is on American. Mexican American does not make any sense, many of them have the blood of America for, well, a long time.

I am not a European, not by a country mile. I hate cold weather and snow. I like a nice tropical climate. How did the American Americans get to be Americans? By living here a long time, and how long does it take, we do not really know. Latin American, what is Latin about them, really, they are Americans. Having some Spanish blood is just another European American, no better, no worse.

Last edited:

Tiberius

"But we can meddle in the affairs of others, elsewhere on the planet?"
Like holding back the forces of tyranny and oppression as we have against communism and fascism?

"What is so absurd about helping to bolster them, when they obviously have an infrastructure that needs help?"
Mexico is a narco-state. Do you really think the U.S. is in the best position to help as we legalize marijuana ourselves state by state? What solution would you propose--pass a joint? :zman: How about we get our own house in order. :Letsargu:

"By having a healthy neighbor, we can benefit from that relationship...I don't think we should ignore them."
I don't think we are ignoring Mexico. We are fighting them in Phoenix. It's nice to have healthy neighbors. We need to be healthy ourselves before we bring our neighbors some chicken soup.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Penalties for companies that hire them, and inforcing them.

First the borders must be secured. Until this is done the rest is meaningless.
A good follow-up would include Torrent85's suggestion. Those unable to find jobs will deport themselves...

I think I would agree with this. I don't think we should start a massive search for illegal aliens in an effort to deport them. But if they are found through some way, like a commission of a crime, deportation maybe.

Focusing on the border could be good. Same with going after employers. However, I'm not sure how that would work. How would employers get caught?

WizardofOz

I think deportation is a waste of time, they just come back.

Securing the borders is a great idea in theory, but wholly impractical.

I suggest that we enforce the existing laws against hiring illegals by fining companies found employing them. When illegals are caught we should help begin the process of becoming legal. Make them do it the right way; learning English, taking tests, PAYING TAXES, etc that all other legal immigrants must go though.

I think it's great that they want to be here and think America is a place of opportunity (fools! :D) But, they must do it legally.

Either that, or through our collective hands in the air, allow the North American Union plans to go through, superhighway and all, burn our dollars and give the legal aliens some crisp Ameros.

Status
Not open for further replies.