toldailytopic: Illegal aliens. What should be done about the illegal alien problem in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
But we can meddle in the affairs of others, elsewhere on the planet? What is so absurd about helping to bolster them, when they obviously have an infrastructure that needs help? By having a healthy neighbor, we can benefit from that relationship. I don't disagree that we need to get our own feet under us first but I don't think we should ignore them - especially if their people continue to enter our country.

The US should get out of Iraq and Afghanistan first, would you not agree? Why should we baby-sit the world, it is a greedy arrogance, it benefits the very few, we should put our own store in order. We need to put people back to work; high tariffs on imports would be one method. We need a workforce, let them who works come and those who don't work leave.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Start by kicking the most problematic one out of the oval office.

Kidding. I'm not a 'birther'.

You would have to convince the ruling class that illegal immigration is in fact a problem. Good luck with that.

WizardofOz

You would have to convince the ruling class that illegal immigration is in fact a problem. Good luck with that.

For them, it's not a problem. That's the problem.

Most in Washington have financial interests in the private sector. The working class feels the pain of illegal immigration through lost jobs, higher health care costs, etc.

The upper class profits from illegal immigration through cheap labor. As long as the ruling class in government is married to the ruling class of business, this "problem" will never be dealt with.

For them, illegal immigration is an asset. Follow the money trail.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As if a Kenyan cares about illegal habitation...We could always put a Phalanx every 100m on the border, since nothing else works in keeping them out.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First the borders must be secured. Until this is done the rest is meaningless.
A good follow-up would include Torrent85's suggestion. Those unable to find jobs will deport themselves...

Actually, making wide gates would cause the borders to be secure. First wide gates, then the secure border follows naturally.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I guess that depends on what you see when you look at them. Do you see somebody who has come to our country to take advantage of our health care (such as it is) and schools and welfare systems or do you see a child of God who is poor and hungry?

Matthew 25:34-40 (New International Version)

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Wolf

>>>People who come to our country should respect our laws.

The whole concept of "countries" with "internationally recognized borders" and "legal claim" is an extremely new development. Yes, the scriptures speak of the borders of the Canaanites:

Gen 10:
15 ¶ And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth, 16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite, 17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite, 18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad. 19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha. 20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

But rather than telling the Israelites to respect their borders, he tells them to kill every Canaanite and take their land. It was in this mindset that Europeans seized lands all around the world. Prior to our seizing it, Texas and California and more were Mexican lands. US citizens became numerous in the land and then rebelled and kicked out the Mexicans.

So, it doesn't do to be too arrogant about "our laws" and such. Admittedly, "possession is nine tenths of the law," but that can change.

If it were not for the influx of Mexicans, the US could not grow, as we are failing to breed. Our current birth rate is right at the replacement level, but even that may not persist. Apparently there is something in the water here that is wreaking havoc on our sexuality, and homosexuals do not reproduce.

It will be nice to have some people who remember how to raise a nice, big family around, who have so many shared values. Otherwise, the Muslims will swarm, as they do around the world, merely by reproducing in large numbers, and this place will be another hole, like all of the other Muslim ghettos around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.