toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidenc

StanJ53

You're the one with the burden of proof, not me.

No . . . the OP is about ARGUMENTS as to why your version of deity exists. That life exists is a pretty good one . . . though not a great one.
"Smacked down?" By you? .

Maybe you didn't notice this is a Christian site. You come on here at the owner's leisure. We already KNOW God exists. Here it is a fact.

No, the OP is; In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
Nothing about a version of a deity. God is God, there is NO other.
As usual people of your ilk like to equivocate and play word games.
It could be me or any other Christian on this site. You're not what I would call a challenge, serious or otherwise.
Just another clown. :zakath:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Since we ARE here the odds, by definition, MUST BE 1:1 . . . ;).
:doh:

The odds that life exists are 1:1; the odds of life coming into existence by happenstance are quite the opposite.

But don't be disappointed, I didn't expect you to be any smarter than you are.

Silent Hunter

Maybe you didn't notice this is a Christian site. You come on here at the owner's leisure. We already KNOW God exists. Here it is a fact.
So, you're a gnostic christian . . . good for you . . . :dunce:.

No, the OP is; In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
Yeah, I quoted that one too . . . you bolded it and I didn't . . . as if that made a difference . . . :).

Nothing about a version of a deity. God is God, there is NO other.
There are other deities in your version of the christian religion . . . three in fact . . . many would say that that is . . . :kookoo:.

As usual people of your ilk like to equivocate and play word games.
. . . and you seem to think that by bullying others you'll get your way . . . :nono:.

It could be me or any other Christian on this site.
Maybe it is you . . . :chuckle:.

You're not what I would call a challenge, serious or otherwise.
You're not worth my time . . . :wave2:.

Just another clown.
StanJ53 . . . just another :loser:.

Last edited:

StanJ53

So, you're a gnostic christian . . . good for you . . . :dunce:.

Yeah, I quoted that one too . . . you bolded it and I didn't . . . as if that made a difference . . . :).

There are other deities in your version of the christian religion . . . three in fact . . . many would say that that is . . . :kookoo:.

. . . and you seem to think that by bullying others you'll get your way . . . :nono:.

Maybe it is you . . . :chuckle:.

You're not worth my time . . . :wave2:.

StanJ53 . . . just another :loser:.

:yawn:
and you just another fool relegated to my ignore list as you really have shown you have NOTHING of importance or even relevance to say.

:wave2:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Stan has a number of people on ignore because it seems he has trouble getting along with others.

The christian version of deity seems capable of correcting any number of ailments . . . why doesn't he/she/it ever heal amputees?

Thats too easy.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

eameece

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 9th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?

The only possible evidence is personal experience of the Truth. But the fine-tuning of the universe does give one pause.

Woody Allen thought Mozart did a pretty good job of providing some evidence:
http://youtu.be/Fcly8-RGhgw

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have always been intrigued by the Periodic Table of the Elements.
The mathematic beauty of it's order.
Basic units have the power to unite with other basic units and form new and useful things! It is a plan.
A plan requires a planner. It is inconceiveable to me that the orderly progression of the elements just happened to happen.
Other than that? Love that has been shown to me and the love that I feel for others also is part of the plan.
The Acts of the Apostles simply reinforces my belief in Jesus Christ as Son of God.
I believe! It is simply by grace that I believe.
The Periodic Table table would not have been on the top of my list but I so agree that it is a thing of beauty.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I suppose if I wanted to rest on a logical truth I'd point to causality as the foundational argument for God. The Principle of Sufficient Reason: so far as can be observed or reasoned everything has one (a reason) for existing. Removing that sets us on a course for infinite regress, which is just a fancy way of noting eternal buck passing, or question begging.

If everything must have a cause, is then contingent and unnecessary, then there must exist some thing that is both necessary and noncontingent to give rise to it--God. We cannot in this argument find the nature of God, only speak to His rational necessity, but that's a good jumping off point.

PureX

toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
For me, it's the nature and character if existence, itself:

1. Existence is "energy expressed", and there is order within that expression.

2. Existence also expresses purposefulness.

3. The order and purpose of existence results in consciousness, and is therefor self-aware.

4. Existence expresses transcendence.

Clem

There are many things unseen that cannot reasonably be explained away by deterministic thinking.
There is the beauty of sunrise and sunset. The perfection of an eclipse of the sun.
The panacea from the top of a mountain. And Buzz Aldrin in amazing piece of super-technology
gazing at a receding planet Earth through a port hole, transfixed and speechless.
Then there are beautiful songs, moving concertos and rousing symphonies.
And poetry, ballet and opera that stirs both the emotions and the soul.
And all of this is just a complex accident?
But then, why do some people find belief so hard?
Because amidst the beauty there is ugliness; much great ugliness.
How could their be a God, with so much heart-wrenching horror in the world?
Perhaps the message has not been explained well enough.
Perhaps cynicism is a disease invented by Satan,
and the peddlers of nihilism have become persuasive over the years.
But, more likely, because of addictions to sin, many people don't want to understand.
The ugliness we all see is an invention of man inspired by Satan, aka temptation caved in to.
Why can't more people see this? Do we need a miracle here? I think we should pray.
And not just for our local concerns, but for solutions to global problems
that start locally and then spread.

Last edited: