toldailytopic: Is homosexuality genetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Oh cruel world, the poor oppressed Christian majority and their defiled innocent virgins.
Nobody's crying about it.

Tolerance of minorities is a Christian virtue perhaps, you Clete are such an example to us all. :D
Accepting people no matter their race is a virtue. Accepting them no matter their behavior or beliefs is stupid.

If they’re afraid of being called bigots then they shouldn’t be bigoted perhaps.:think:
That's what he's saying, moron.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Oh put a sock in it Clete. You're just yet another bile filled legalist fixated on gays, who apparently don't have the right to have the 'sun reflect off your face'. Well they do. Deal with it.
It's God's law, not mine.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.​

Will you admit simply that you believe God to be unjust? Or don't you believe He exists at all?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Another “true” Christian with the self-assumed authority to speak for his particular deity.
God speaks for Himself. But of course you knew that when you wrote this tripe.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.​

Do you have the temerity to admit that you believe God to be unjust?

Or is it that you also don't believe God exists at all?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
God speaks for Himself. But of course you knew that when you wrote this tripe.

Do you have the temerity to admit that you believe God to be unjust?

Or is it that you also don't believe God exists at all?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Well, then it passes the two prong test. Alright. Now let's consider what God would say to men of mo science, it is wrong.

Then consider this. "God made them male and female" how then do you account for those with XXY, XX, sex reversal syndrome and other abnormalities known to be fact?

You can say a normal genetic person is wrong, yet what about XY females who are raised as females, do you expect them, upon discovery, they are not what their body is and what they have been socialized to believe about themselves, to turn around and marry women? See what I am getting at?

God never mentioned this, can you tell me why, or do we both already know the answer?

Arthur Brain

It's God's law, not mine.

Will you admit simply that you believe God to be unjust? Or don't you believe He exists at all?

Resting in Him,
Clete

It isn't 'God's law' that people like you should fixate on one aspect of an OT verse at the expense of practically all else, let alone be so 'superior' as to deign yourself so above those as to decree they don't have the right to have sun reflect off YOUR face! Frankly I don't think they'd get much anyway...:rain:

And as for Romans....why don't you try looking at that whole passage and tick off all the behaviours you haven't ever indulged in Clete? Are you such a paragon of virtue as to sit in pious judgement on anyone else? Are you perfect? No you ain't. Neither am I or anyone else. So get a grip and get off your high horse.

:plain:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Well, then it passes the two prong test. Alright. Now let's consider what God would say to men of mo science, it is wrong.

Then consider this. "God made them male and female" how then do you account for those with XXY, XX, sex reversal syndrome and other abnormalities known to be fact?

You can say a normal genetic person is wrong, yet what about XY females who are raised as females, do you expect them, upon discovery, they are not what their body is and what they have been socialized to believe about themselves, to turn around and marry women? See what I am getting at?

God never mentioned this, can you tell me why, or do we both already know the answer?

The earth is corrupt, and those chromosomes right along with it. You approach this as you approach all corruption in mankind. It stands between you and God. What are you going to do about that?

Again, Christ is the answer here. You're not going to overcome that on your own. There's no earthly, corporeal answer to it. There is nothing pure and holy anywhere in this world with which you can address this corruption. Because everything else down here is corrupted as well.

If someone with, for example, Swyer Syndrome, approached you and asked you "What about me?!", then your answer should be the same as for anyone else. You point to God. Your chromosomes haven't anything to do with your salvation, after all.

You want your life to be approved by God? Then get to know Him and give your life to Him. Then it will be.

The answer really is that simple.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Genetic disorders are to be expected. We are, in effect, biological machines and as with any other sort of machine, entropy plays its role. In other words, we are not evolving, we are breaking down.

This tendency increases with time, which is why God eventually disallowed the marriage of close relatives as such genetic anomalies would be more readily passed along and intensified.

I have no specific answer as to why or how these particular anomalies we introduced but there is no need for a specific explanation to understand the moral implications of being born with a particular set of genes - there are none.

The law concerning what males and females do sexually do not apply to those who are neither male nor female. I will therefore leave such judgments as you present in God's hands.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It isn't 'God's law' that people like you should fixate on one aspect of an OT verse at the expense of practically all else,
All else?

All else, like what?

Which portion of God's word did I miss that explain how perverts are no longer to be treated as perverts?

Does this mystery portion of the bible pertain to muderers and rapists as well? Or is it you that likes to pick and choose the parts of the bible you like to follow at the expense of all else?

...let alone be so 'superior' as to deign yourself so above those as to decree they don't have the right to have sun reflect off YOUR face! Frankly I don't think they'd get much anyway...:rain:
But you can deign yourself to judge me on less evidence?

I've condemned no one. It is God who says that the homo should be put to death UPON CONVICTION of his crime. I've assumed no authority over anyone nor any position whatsoever save that of a man who knows how to read and who knows that I have no right nor standing to stand before God with an opinion in opposition to His.

And as for Romans....why don't you try looking at that whole passage and tick off all the behaviours you haven't ever indulged in Clete? Are you such a paragon of virtue as to sit in pious judgement on anyone else? Are you perfect? No you ain't. Neither am I or anyone else. So get a grip and get off your high horse.
You're an idiot who apparently can't think clearly enough to tell when he's openly contradicting himself within a single paragraph!

A rational conversation with you is flatly impossible.

Good bye.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Arthur Brain

All else?

All else, like what?

Which portion of God's word did I miss that explain how perverts are no longer to be treated as perverts?

Does this mystery portion of the bible pertain to muderers and rapists as well? Or is it you that likes to pick and choose the parts of the bible you like to follow at the expense of all else?

If people like yourself actually projected this much zeal towards the myriad causes of suffering in the world, instead of calling for the deaths of people for sexual immorality I'd be more inclined to take them seriously. As it is it's folk like you who'd have us living under a theocratic state akin to Saudi Arabia.

But you can deign yourself to judge me on less evidence?

What are you talking about? I judged your own words. Anyone who says that homosexuals don't deserve sunlight is bringing their own personal hang up into the equation and it's pathetic frankly.

I've condemned no one. It is God who says that the homo should be put to death UPON CONVICTION of his crime. I've assumed no authority over anyone nor any position whatsoever save that of a man who knows how to read and who knows that I have no right nor standing to stand before God with an opinion in opposition to His.

Well boo hoo Clete. We don't live thousands of years in the past under a theocracy in Israel. It's not against the law to eat shrimp either, and spare me the rhetoric about 'ceremonial' laws et al. It's not against the law to be gay and there's nothing you can do about it. We don't live in draconian times anymore, and considering the greater scheme of things it baffles me that folk like you fixate on something that apparently disgusts so much and have zero chance of bringing into law.

You're an idiot who apparently can't think clearly enough to tell when he's openly contradicting himself within a single paragraph!

A rational conversation with you is flatly impossible.

Erm, I ain't condemning you Clete, and as much as I think you're a typical flaming legalist I wouldn't deny you the right to sunlight either. That isn't denying I have no flaws and I reserve the right to say what I think. Ditto as to the latter.

Good bye.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Yeah. Ta ra.

Status
Not open for further replies.