toldailytopic: Is it immoral for an employer to offer a health insurance plan which i

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't give negative rep, but if I did, I would do it now.
I did.

I'm going to assume you mean from a Christian perspective, and so yes it would be for a Christian employer to offer that.
Because it's not immoral if one isn't a Christian?

I have already explained three times why it is not "immoral" for an employer to pay for employee health insurance.
And you've been wrong each time.

Of course, none of us are surprised that you don't know the difference between moral and immoral. Nor that you don't understand how it works when someone provides the means through which immorality is committed, and/or paid for.

Nor can they choose for their employees what health care they can have.
Yes they can.

...we can't allow employers or insurance companies to decide what health care is, what morality is, or who can have it.
So they aren't allowed to decide what they'll cover?

You're a fool, of the highest order.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't like abortion, so you will approve of ANY method, no matter how unfair or irrational, that stops someone from having an abortion.

Yes ... that is exactly right. Abortion, the INTENTIONAL killing of an unborn baby, is wrong.

However, IF you disagree with this, feel free to tell me exactly why you feel killing unborn babies is fine.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
StanJ53 ,
Don't you get cold way up there? I think northern Europeans are blooded different.

I wish I could live in Costa Rica

PureX

Yes ... that is exactly right. Abortion, the INTENTIONAL killing of an unborn baby, is wrong.

However, IF you disagree with this, feel free to tell me exactly why you feel killing unborn babies is fine.
I don't disagree. But this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

StanJ53

StanJ53 ,
Don't you get cold way up there? I think northern Europeans are blooded different.

Of course I get cold, but you do acclimatize. Well men do anyway.
Woman are always cold! Well except when they go through menopause and then they're always hot!
I remember James Dobson (FOF) saying years ago that the only thing he and his wife ever fought about on a regular basis, was the thermostat.

GuySmiley

Yes. It puts the employer in a compromised position where he can't give an impartial service because he is financially interested in his employees (the female ones) having abortions.
Employers have no fanancial interest in people using their health care insurance, in fact, they'd like employees to not use it, because rates can go up. Regardless of that, the employer doesnt get any money because someone goes to a doctor.

GuySmiley

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 15th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Is it immoral for an employer to offer a health insurance plan which includes abortion (including the morning after pill)?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
No. Just like its not immoral to shop at Macy's who donates to Planned Parenthood (thats just an example, not sure if its true). An employer donates a portion of a person's health care costs. The employer is not responsible for how they use their health care plan.

The employee should be expected to act morally, even given the opportunity to sin. Just like the screwdriver the employer supplies shouldn't be used to stab people's eyes out.

PureX

No. Just like its not immoral to shop at Macy's who donates to Planned Parenthood (thats just an example, not sure if its true). An employer donates a portion of a person's health care costs. The employer is not responsible for how they use their health care plan.

The employee should be expected to act morally, even given the opportunity to sin. Just like the screwdriver the employer supplies shouldn't be used to stab people's eyes out.
Exactly.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Just like the screwdriver the employer supplies shouldn't be used to stab people's eyes out.

Screwdrivers can be used in other useful manners that don't usually result in harm or injury. In fact, their intended use is something other than causing harm or injury.

Can you same the same about abortion?

The employer is not responsible for how they use their health care plan.

Would it be moral for an employer to offer a health care plan that provided coverage for murdering any other human being, or does the employer's responsibility or lack thereof only come into consideration when an unborn child is being murdered?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Employers have no fanancial interest in people using their health care insurance, in fact, they'd like employees to not use it, because rates can go up. Regardless of that, the employer doesnt get any money because someone goes to a doctor.
The employers do pay for part of it, though.

Obamacare requires the morning after pill be covered. There was a judgement putting that on hold, but its going to expire. Should empoyers cancel their plans due to that?

King's College is facing this decision.

http://empirestatetribune.com/?p=9640
Employers should do the morally right thing.

Is it immoral for the insurance company to cover abortion?