toldailytopic: Is it wrong to hate wicked people?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Really, in there day the Pharisees were seen as the righteous and holy ones who were faithful jews, diligent in faith, morally pure, followed the whole law and rabbinic interpretation of the law.
And Jesus saw right through them.

They were not to the naked eyes sinners or morally corrupt. They were good conservative people. Who were passionate about there faith, and restoring God back to there government.
And Jesus sees deeper than the naked eye.

Really? I think your reading in to suit your belief there. Definitely in a few cases repentance came from graceful interaction, I think you would be misleading to say that Jesus was only ever gentle and polite with sinners who had already repented.

For example zacchaeus only repented after Jesus came to his house and ate with him. There is no record of Jesus rebuking him at all ?
He sought Jesus out and asked Him to his house, and then repented at that time. He was not proudly sinning in the presence of Jesus. And though he may not have spoken the words immediately his actions showed a repentant heart.

Really? I think your reading that in. Nothing in the text suggests that, apart from your apparent belief that Jesus went round confronting everyone.
When did I imply He went around confronting everyone?

Yes John the baptist did have a gift for confrontation. However I don't think were all called to be like John all the time. if you do can offer you a natty hairskin jacket I have in my wardrobe , and can offer you a diet of wild honey and crickets ?
:yawn:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

He sought Jesus out and asked Him to his house, and then repented at that time. He was not proudly sinning in the presence of Jesus. And though he may not have spoken the words immediately his actions showed a repentant heart.

When did I imply He went around confronting everyone?

:yawn:

Excellent post :thumb:

jeremysdemo

You're not Jesus.
You're not Jesus.

Oh did I fail to mention.....You're NOT Jesus!:think:

Oh yes, he's the great pretender ooooh oh oooooh.....pretending that he is in Love....oooooh oh oooooh....:tunes:

to quote on of the dispies...."all of that was done pre-cross, pre-new covenant, doesn't apply to the bride, learn to rightly divide" :rotfl:

cherry pickers unite!

keep shinin

jerm :cool: