toldailytopic: Is it wrong to hate wicked people?

PureX

To me, a murderer or a rapist is someone of immense malice and is an evil person. I think people's actions are the result of their roots. There just doesn't seem to be anything there to love when it comes to a murderer or rapist. Really think about it, put yourself in the shoes of someone who has committed one of those crimes. Just what kind of person would you have to be to do it? Just what thoughts are going through your mind to do something like that? I can't even fathom it. So to me, a murderer or rapist is the absolute worst kind of person, worthy of hatred. I could forgive anything else but not those things.
Using yourself as the yardstick by which you justify hating others seems pretty ego-centric, to me. How do you learn and grow spiritually when you presume that you're already the measure of perfection?

PureX

Have I so stated?
Yes, you have. You have assumed in your post that because I don't hate people for their wickedness, then I must be tolerant of their wickedness and the suffering it causes others.

This is slander, and you should know better.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If it is sin, hate the sin, not the sinner. If we are to speak of the wicked, then to exclude, or dismiss, is more than to hate, since hate is emotion, which requires attachment, and who wants to be attached to wickedness?.

Let God judge them, to me, they are unknown.

bybee

Yes, you have. You have assumed in your post that because I don't hate people for their wickedness, then I must be tolerant of their wickedness and the suffering it causes others.

What are you then? Do you have compassion for victims? Do you see the need to protect the vulnerable and the innocent from those persons whose behavior is predatory?
I don't hate anyone. I do hate words and behaviors that harm others.
And, it is people that do these deeds. People who do evil must be treated as evil and put away. We can try to help them but that usually doesn't work. For instance, we cannot allow child molesters to go free. They continue their offenses. If you do any research into the abuse of children you will be sickened.

PureX

What are you then? Do you have compassion for victims? Do you see the need to protect the vulnerable and the innocent from those persons whose behavior is predatory?
I don't hate anyone. I do hate words and behaviors that harm others.
And, it is people that do these deeds. People who do evil must be treated as evil and put away. We can try to help them but that usually doesn't work. For instance, we cannot allow child molesters to go free. They continue their offenses. If you do any research into the abuse of children you will be sickened.
So where in all that do you imagine that we disagree?

Zeke

If they believe their scripture then Romans seven should show them the reason why the shouldn't hate, Paul certainly hated his sin that overcame his will, they should hate Paul as well using their standerds.

A good rule of thumb is to look at the folks institutionalized christians attack, more often than not these folks have a better grasp of the teachings of Christ than they do.

glorydaz

If it is sin, hate the sin, not the sinner. If we are to speak of the wicked, then to exclude, or dismiss, is more than to hate, since hate is emotion, which requires attachment, and who wants to be attached to wickedness?.

Let God judge them, to me, they are unknown.

Amen. :thumb:

Eph. 4:26-27
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.

Autumn Delight

Who's considered wicked? What makes one wicked? How we determine that?

I know many Christians will ask for and want a Bible verse as proof; so what comes to mind is the one verse that says something along the lines of, "the heart being deceitfully 'wicked' and who can know it".

If we are going to go by that one verse, then it seems to be that we all are wicked and maybe we should hate our own wicked hearts?...

ijs..

PureX

Quite possibly because you assume that the only alternative to tolerance is hatred.
Except that you have no idea what I assume, and I have not posted any such drivel. So although that comment looks clever, and I suppose it made you feel good about yourself, it's just meaningless drivel.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Everyone who hates other people tell themselves that the people they hate deserve it.

PureX, speaking for myself I can only say that hatred isn't something I dwell on. It's an emotion excited or provoked in the moment, but it's not on my mind twenty-four hours a day. I do believe, however, that sometimes it is the only appropriate response to the worst impulses and actions of our species.

A survival mechanism, in a way.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who's considered wicked? What makes one wicked? How we determine that?

It seems in many cases, that word is defined by a person with the mentality of believing anyone who does not agree with everything they say and believe is *wicked*.

Shrug it off.

bybee

PureX, speaking for myself I can only say that hatred isn't something I dwell on. It's an emotion excited or provoked in the moment, but it's not on my mind twenty-four hours a day. I do believe, however, that sometimes it is the only appropriate response to the worst impulses and actions of our species.

A survival mechanism, in a way.

Agreed! Once, I had to stand up and confront a person after being made aware of an offense. Since a child had come to me I had to become a warrior (quivering inside) and defend the child. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I can still look myself in the eye and know I did my best.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hatred is a normal human emotion like fear, to which it is closely related. It is something we do, because we are weak.

When God takes control of our lives, to the extent that we let Him take control of our lives, we don't hate any more.

Last edited:

PureX

Hatred is a normal human emotion like fear, to which it is closely related. It is something we do, because we are weak.

When God takes control of our lives, the the extent that we let Him take control of our lives, we don't hate any more.
:) Imagine what a great relief it would be NOT to have to judge and condemn other people for their sins, because we have finally learned to let God take care of that.