toldailytopic: Is it wrong to hate wicked people?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
stupid is as stupid does

Not according to Purex :idunno:

According to Purex, there's a difference between what people do and what people are.

It's easy (often) to see what people do. Many of them do quite wicked things - murder, child molestation, theft...

According to Purex, it's wrong to see them as murderers, child molesters, thieves...

According to Purex, they aren't murderers, child molesters, thieves... even though they murder, molest children, steal...

According to Purex, they are something else.

He doesn't say what.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Literally a day ago I probably would've considered this and said that we shouldn't spend time hating, or thinking of justifications for hatred. I would've pointed out there are greater concerns and better, more edifying things to think about...

And then, a friend of mine gave me one heck of a shock last night over dinner. A revelation about his younger brother, and what some family friends have done to his brother for over a decade.

Make of that what you will, but there's a time and place for true, genuine hatred.

False Prophet

We are to love our neighbors as ourselves. What good is it if we love our friends and hate our enemies. Even tax collectors and sinners do this.
Matt 5[43]Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: 44but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; 45that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust. 46For if ye love them that love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the Gentiles the same? 48Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I am supposed to pray for people whom I have resentments against, and then my resentment will be gone. Pray for those who hurt you; bless those who curse you. We can't do this without the Spirit of God.