toldailytopic: Monsters! What (yet to be discovered) creatures are the most likely to

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Well

Well

No, it's just plain dumb. It would be impossible for a hairy manlike doofus to remain hidden considering today's technology.

I have observed all kinds of very visible hairy manlike doofuses in all walks of life! :rotfl: :eek: bybee

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Megalodon
...One of my son's favorites:

"This creature is generally referred to as a 'prehistoric' relative of the Great White, and assumptions about its appearance are based on this link. Although it reportedly existed between 25 million and 1.6 million years ago, scientists describe it very much as a 'modern' shark..." full text: Sharks: denizens of the deep http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v23/i2/sharks.asp

It wouldn't surprise me at to find one still in the ocean. :shocked:

Last edited:

Flipper

Just curious...what evidence shows you that a small population of semi-large underwater creatures could not live in a deep cavernous lake such as Loch Ness?

Depends on what you mean by "semi-large". A number of surveys have established that the total bio-mass of Loch Ness is pretty meager gruel, and apex predators like cannibal trout and pike are thinly distributed.

All of the bigger animals that are likely to visit the lake (like seals, sturgeons and salmon) are migratory, which also implies there's not enough biomass to sustain permanent populations of really large animals.

The Berean

why are fossils necessary?

If a large primate has been living in the Western US for thousands of years one would find fossils and remains don't you think? People find remains of other animals in the woods but not Bigfoot? Why is that? Most people don't run into bears in the woods but some people do. And people film them and study them and see them interact in their environment.

bybee

Oh Horrors!

Oh Horrors!

:rotfl:

Best answer so far.

Has anyone watched the shows on "The Monsters Within"? It is about an immense variety of parasites which insinuate themselves into our bodies and feed on us. They are very common and I had to stop watching the show because I thought I heard the sounds of little lips munching in my brain! Ghastly! bybee

zoo22

I think the weirdest creatures yet to be discovered (or thought to be extinct) will be deep sea creatures.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't want to run into this guy. :noid:

I forget the name they came up with for it though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.