toldailytopic: Old and New Testament: why is there a distinction between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You are actually close. You are missing the fact that Israel is in fact, God's chosen people.

"And Jesus answering, spoke again in parables to them, saying: [2] The kingdom of heaven is likened to a king, who made a marriage for his son. [3] And he sent his servants, to call them that were invited to the marriage; and they would not come. [4] Again he sent other servants, saying: Tell them that were invited, Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my calves and fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come ye to the marriage. [5] But they neglected, and went their own ways, one to his farm, and another to his merchandise.

[6] And the rest laid hands on his servants, and having treated them contumeliously, put them to death. [7] But when the king had heard of it, he was angry, and sending his armies, he destroyed those murderers, and burnt their city. [8] Then he saith to his servants: The marriage indeed is ready; but they that were invited were not worthy. [9] Go ye therefore into the highways; and as many as you shall find, call to the marriage" (Matthew 22:1-9).

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Let's try this again:

"And after sixty-two weeks Christ shall be slain: and the people that shall deny him shall not be his" (Daniel 9:26).

bybee

Let's try this again:

"And after sixty-two weeks Christ shall be slain: and the people that shall deny him shall not be his" (Daniel 9:26).

Daniel 9:26 in the Tanakh "And after the threescore and two weeks shall an anointed one be cut off, and be no more; and the people of a prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; but his end shall be with a flood; and unto the end of the war desolations are determined".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 2nd, 2011 11:31 AM

toldailytopic: Old and New Testament: why is there a distinction between the two?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Shalom.

I believe that the distinction being discussed is between the Scriptures that are called the Old Covenant or Old Testament and those called the New Testament. There is a difference between the old covenant and the new covenant. However, the Old Testament Scriptures as they are called are not the Old Testament itself. As a Jew we refer to the TaNaKh or the Tanach. This is the Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Kethuvim. Meaning, the Law (God's instruction), the Prophets, and the Writings. These books have a different number than that of the Old Testament, and in the Hebrew go by different names as discovered when look first at the names for the books of the Torah, the first five books. The last book is Chronicles. The content is the same but the book order and arrangement is different.

The following scripture refers to the old covenant. I have asked and I do not have a definitive answer. But this is likely the Torah, also called the Five Books of Moses. The other option, aside from different names for these books, is the TaNaKh.

2 Corinthians 3:14​

Shalom.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.