toldailytopic: Pet peeves. What are some of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoo22

Bank tellers who ask me what I'm doing this weekend. As if they cared. As if I'd tell them.

I hate it when people complain about bank tellers. Also, I hate it when I'm bank telling, and I ask what someone's doing that weekend and they give me this look like it's impossible that I could even care. Like "yeah right, as if I'd ever tell you." That's when I shortchange them, or slip them one of those exploding ink things that we keep for bank robbers. :plain:

bybee

I hate it when people complain about bank tellers. Also, I hate it when I'm bank telling, and I ask what someone's doing that weekend and they give me this look like it's impossible that I could even care. Like "yeah right, as if I'd ever tell you." That's when I shortchange them, or slip them one of those exploding ink things that we keep for bank robbers. :plain:

Now, now....

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate when cashiers or bank tellers give me back too much change and then when I bring it to their attention, they say "thanks" rather than "oh, you should keep it for being so honest!"

Pffffffffftttttt ...

zoo22

I hate when cashiers or bank tellers give me back too much change and then when I bring it to their attention, they say "thanks" rather than "oh, you should keep it for being so honest!"

Pffffffffftttttt ...

I hate it when I'm cashiering or bank telling and I slip someone some extra change and they just give it back. What, my gifts aren't good enough for them or something?

And even when people do take it, no one ever bothers to say "hey, thanks a lot for that extra money."

bybee

I hate it when I'm cashiering or bank telling and I slip someone some extra change and they just give it back. What, my gifts aren't good enough for them or something?

I'd consider it a trap!
My bankers are really good to me. We have a long and pleasant, helpful history together!
I give them my money and they take care of it for me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

So it was you... That ink never washes away, you know. Even when I try to match my outfits to the bright pink splotches on my face, when I go out in public people still stare at me.

Oh, and it drives me crazy when they say "Perfect!!"
"So! How are you today, Ms. _______ ?"

"Doing well, thank you. I'd like to make a deposit, please."

"Just enter your PIN number on the keypad there......

I enter my PIN number.

"Perfect!!"

"Do you need any cash back today?"

"No thanks, just the deposit would be great."

"Perfect!! What are you doing this weekend? Anything fun planned?"

"I thought I'd do some spring cleaning in a new and different way, so I'm planning on cleaning my toilets using a toothbrush held in my teeth."

"Perfect!!"​

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And even when people do take it, no one ever bothers to say "hey, thanks a lot for that extra money."

Shouldn't they be sending you "thank you" cards? Now THAT'S appreciation! :chuckle:

zoo22

Oh, and it drives me crazy when they say "Perfect!!"
"So! How are you today, Ms. _______ ?"

"Doing well, thank you. I'd like to make a deposit, please."

"Just enter your PIN number on the keypad there"

I enter my PIN number.

"Perfect!!"

"Do you need any cash back today?"

"No thanks, just the deposit would be great."

"Perfect!! What are you doing this weekend? Anything fun planned?"

"I thought I'd do some spring cleaning in a new and different way, so I'm planning on cleaning my toilets using a toothbrush held in my teeth."

"Perfect!!"​

I hate it when I'm bank telling and I keep trying to tell someone the secret password, and they don't get it. How many times do I have to say it?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I hate it when I'm bank telling and I keep trying to tell someone the secret password, and they don't get it. How many times do I have to say it?

:chuckle:

Okay, that was good....

And I'm never going to be able to hear that word again (and again and again) without wondering what if...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Predatory home loan companies. They are out there a dime a dozen.

rainee

Bank tellers who ask me what I'm doing this weekend. As if they cared. As if I'd tell them.

..."

People who spit on the sidewalk. Why should I have to step in your loogies?

QUOTE=zoo22...???

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tapatalk - Master the App

Tapatalk - Master the App

My current pet peeve:

Doesn't it drive you guys nuts (you know who you are) having "posted from my iPhone using TOL, Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app, etc." show up on every single one of your posts?
Heh!

Not a few have yet to master Tapatalk and similar apps on smart phones. Just selecting Settings therein would eventually lead to the option to disable this annoying advertisement.

AMR

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Heh!

Not a few have yet to master Tapatalk and similar apps on smart phones. Just selecting Settings therein would eventually lead to the option to disable this annoying advertisement.

AMR

It drives me bonkers. :chuckle:

I've tried to be good about it. :eek: But as my old signature (with thanks to Flannery O'Connor) used to say,

"She could never be a saint but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick."

Unfortunately there are people in my life who want to kill me slowly so it seems I'm denied both sainthood and martyrdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.