toldailytopic: Positive influences. Who are some of the people in your life that are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

My dad's mom, she was the best Christian I've ever seen. She was very special to me. She loved me even when I was a rebelious teenager.

zoo22

Parents. They shaped me. Mostly goods, but even the bads, I've learned that I need to/can find positive influence from (I'll point out that I can also find/learn those things with them, which I think is important). My simliar-aged cousin, whom I grew up with often as a brother, and shared so many experiences with. A few friends from various times/ages, who I learned things both from and with... A few from high school, but mostly college friends, many of whom I have maintained friendships with to this day. The importance of maintaining those friendships is one of the most important things I've learned from/with them. A few teachers I've had, high school and college. A few artists I admire... And assorted people I've never met.

I'll stop there because it's one of those "oh, wait, and another one is... " situations. :) But I'll probably come back and edit/add...

Karl der Grosse

would you say that thanks to his influence you are no longer under the influence?

Actually it would be the Grace of Christ I am no longer existing (it certainly wasn't living). But, my sponsor did introduce me to the word, and taught me that I had been a "triumph of Satan" (an addict that tries to preach the word while still using). Those were dark days brother, my sponsor is wise (never, ever call him good, only God is good, and he'll let you know it lol)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Actually it would be the Grace of Christ I am no longer existing (it certainly wasn't living). But, my sponsor did introduce me to the word, and taught me that I had been a "triumph of Satan" (an addict that tries to preach the word while still using). Those were dark days brother, my sponsor is wise (never, ever call him good, only God is good, and he'll let you know it lol)
Um, it was a pun.

Thunder's Muse

My kids - they make me want to be a better person.

My partner - my best friend, he loves me as I am but also encourages me to be better and supports me without question.

My mother - a very strong woman who always told me the truth, even when I didn't want to hear it.

My father - he loves us the best he can. Quite an accomplishment for a man who never knew what a father's love was supposed to be like.

My best friends - they love me unconditionally.

My year 12 English Teacher - simply the best teacher I ever had. He believed in me.

Leigh - she was the only person who stepped in when I was at my lowest with depression. She left work, came to my house and said "I am taking you to the doctor. Now." She possibly saved my life.

My ex - Apart from giving me my beautiful daughter, he taught me about music. A great gift, indeed.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Most definitely my parents! They weren't perfect people, but they are the kind of people you don't ever want to disappoint. They spent lots of time with us, did everything they could for us, and made sure the four of us had a great childhood, even though we lived in a teeny, tiny house.

My kids! They have grown up to be responsible, creative, loving and faithful individuals. I would do just about anything for them.

My brother, Knight. He's such a smart, funny guy. I love spending time with him and listening to his amazing ideas and theories.

My husband, Lion. In the 33 years we've been together, I've learned so much from him. We love hashing out ideas together and we find one another to be endlessly funny. He is a wonderful example of the fruit of the Spirit. He is filled with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Status
Not open for further replies.