toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Hunter

. . . oh . . . don't worry . . . he will.

. . . but it won't be something he hasn't already used 1,000x before.
so where did marriage come from?

it goes way back before there was a constitution
but
not before there were lawyers

prostitutes and lawyers could be the oldest professions

they are needed to get around the original intent
. . . "Curse my metal body. I wasn't fast enough".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

but

Hey Chrys, what is your problems with lawyers? Does it bother you that much that they have a superior education and understanding of the law than you do?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the judge and the lawyers distorted the process

nothing new here
and
you can't blame the jurors

Actually, I, like you so often do, can blame anyone I chose to blame. The lawyers job is to present the evidence. The jurors job is to hear the evidence and decide on that basis if the person is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

It's my understand that the main reason the verdict was decided as it was is because the evidence was too muddled to show an accurate story of how the little girl died.

Why are you so lazy when it comes to using your intellect, Chrys?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
why do you continue to resort to comments like this?

it doesn't help your post
or
your image

Because you have been willfully ignorant throughout this whole thread. Willful ignorance does not help YOUR image.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

but

I'll let you answer you:

why do you continue to resort to comments like this?

it doesn't help your post
or
your image

There's a word for that you know and it isn't lawyer or liberal. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Depends on who you ask. Not the subject. It exists, in the secular state, as a contract. And you want to deny that right to contract as it concerns homosexuals and, apparently, anyone who either won't or can't procreate.

Good luck formulating an objective argument that meets the threshold of an overwhelming interest.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Hindu view of marriage

According to the tenets of Hinduism, marriage is a sacred relationship, a sacrament, and a divine covenant meant for procreation and continuation of family lineage.[2] In the traditional Hindu system of marriage, there is no role for the state as marriage remained a private affair within the social realm.[3] Within this traditional framework reference, marriage is undoubtedly the most important transitional point in a Hindu’s life and the most important of all the Hindu samskaras, or life-cycle rituals.[3]

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hindu view of marriage

According to the tenets of Hinduism, marriage is a sacred relationship, a sacrament, and a divine covenant meant for procreation and continuation of family lineage.[2] In the traditional Hindu system of marriage, there is no role for the state as marriage remained a private affair within the social realm.[3] Within this traditional framework reference, marriage is undoubtedly the most important transitional point in a Hindu’s life and the most important of all the Hindu samskaras, or life-cycle rituals.[3]

And?

Status
Not open for further replies.