toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right? Should the US get involved?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 6th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right? Should the US get involved?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

This Charming Manc

i'm not ridiculously pro Isreal but any country has the right to stop terrorist organisations trying to destroy it from getting chemical weapons and the delivery systems to deploy them.

Also the Assad regime has used heavy weapons its own population at that point they loose all legitimacy as a government.

IMJerusha

Israel, of course

Should we get involved?

Only far enough to guarantee Israel's success and the stability of the region

I'm with you on this Res. I doubt, however, that there will ever be stability in the region, at least, not in the world as we know it now.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hey, c'mon, America is up to it's neck on this one...my only question is did Bibi phone Bammy or did Bammy phone Bibi?

It certainly saved the US from enforcing it's red lines.

Is it indicative of what will happen with Iran? the confidence with which Israel has acted tells me that America and Israel are in total agreement about Iran.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right?
Should the US get involved?

Israel

Yes. To help Israel defeat Israel's and our enemies.

Aimiel

I doubt we'll have to do anything to help defend Israel against an enemy with such a small army. They have more firepower than anyone in the region, in fact: more than most all of them combined.

Buzzword

I doubt we'll have to do anything to help defend Israel against an enemy with such a small army. They have more firepower than anyone in the region, in fact: more than most all of them combined.

This.
Israel's military (i.e., their entire adult population) trains and fights with desperation.

Aimiel

No, they do so with God's grace and protection, though; due in no small part to the prayers of faithful Christians. While their enemies far out-number them and have far more land and larger armies, there are more with Israel than against them, due to God's Hand of Protection.

Buzzword

No, they do so with God's grace and protection, though; due in no small part to the prayers of faithful Christians. While their enemies far out-number them and have far more land and larger armies, there are more with Israel than against them, due to God's Hand of Protection.

Whatever, dude.

They invented Krav Maga and require all adults to enlist in the military, and fight with the knowledge that a loss will result in their total annihilation.

No need for the divine in order to conclude that they have stacked the odds in their favor.

Oh, and they have nukes.

Aimiel

They have nukes due to friends like us. They have God on their side, and if you're Christian, you should be, too. Most of them have faith in God, not their military might, but they aren't stupid: they know their enemies have them surrounded.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Israel.

Yes, if needed.
But not to negotiate, or try to make "nice"; but to fight against the enemy.

Aimiel

How do we decide whom to help? Syria's government has used chemical weapons on it's populace, which is being guided by Al-Qaeda. Do we support the government, because they're fighting the ones who brought the Word Trade Centers down or the people, since their government is attacking them with chemical weapons? Tough call. Best to stay out of a country's civil unrest, for the most part.

Dena

Whatever, dude.

They invented Krav Maga and require all adults to enlist in the military, and fight with the knowledge that a loss will result in their total annihilation.

No need for the divine in order to conclude that they have stacked the odds in their favor.

I don't think a divine presence is watching out for Israel but I do have confidence she can defend herself.

Christian Liberty

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Who dropped the bombs first here? Oh yeah, Israel did! Syria has a right to defend itself against unwarranted aggression. America should not be involved whatsoever.