toldailytopic: The train-wreck that is: Jon & Kate Plus 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholsmom

Gee. I barely even know the name of this show and wouldn't recognize a single character from it. I learned more about it from reading this thread than from any other source.

Yep. I must live under a rock or something.

elohiym

How old are these children?

Their specific ages I can't tell you. However, I've linked to a picture of the victims of this tragedy here. (What's up not being able to attach pics?)

Are there any fans of the show around? (anyone willing to admit they watch or follow Jon and Kate?)

Before the trouble started brewing on the show and it was obvious it was becoming a car crash, I'd glimpse my wife and kids watching an episode now and then. My kids liked watching their kids do stuff, and watching a large family like we have interact with each other. I can see the appeal.

Do people generally side with Jon or Kate?

Probably depends on gender and perception. My feelings about the affair is that whoever cheated is a dirtbag and made a terrible mistake, but that doesn't have to end their marriage. Prior to their divorce and the claims of adultery, when I had the chance to watch a few minutes here and there with my family, I felt sorry for Jon because Kate seemed so bossy and publicly disrespectful to him.

That's about all I can contribute to this topic.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I've never seen it either...but the whole idea of having cameras following your every move, your every mistake, your every everything...cannot be good on any relationship.

The movies Ed TV and The Truman Show were very prophetic when they came out. Ed TV is similar to Jon and Kate in that Ed TV showed how destructive the idea of having your whole life filmed and broadcast for the world to see would ruin the life you had.

The Truman Show was prophetic in that it appears that's where reality TV is heading. Especially with the latest show There Goes The Neighborhood in which CBS blocked off an entire neighborhood and filmed the families and their interactions.

allsmiles

I just heard about this freakshow for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't care less what some useless eaters with too much time to breed do with their pathetic, miserable and ultimately worthless lives. I hope they die as quickly as America's good taste in entertainment did.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They live sorta near me and I work with a lady who has met Kate. She says Kate is not very nice at all. Basically a jerk. And apparently before they got a show their church was really helpful and generous and they are not very grateful at all and aren't really paying anything back to the church now that they have the tv show. :nono:

I've never taken the time to watch an episode and based on what I've seen in the media, I'm glad I haven't. It's such a mess. I feel bad for the kids for being put in the middle of all of that.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
I think Kate because John had an affair. I could be wrong. I haven't watched it either but like you said, you almost can't miss it.

Kate is a witch. She treats Jon like he is one of her kids. Sooo disrepectful, it would make me cringe.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kate is a witch. She treats Jon like he is one of her kids. Sooo disrepectful, it would make me cringe.

Hmmm... working mom, stay at home dad, mom talks to dad like a child and dad takes it.

That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. I certainly feel for the kids.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Hmmm... working mom, stay at home dad, mom talks to dad like a child and dad takes it.

That's pretty much a recipe for disaster. I certainly feel for the kids.

Pretty much. It's sad because they are supposed to be Christians, but you definitely couldn't tell by the show.

There was an episode where they were in ToysRUS and Kate screamed at Jon, who was across the store. It was so embarrassing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Are there any fans of the show around? (anyone willing to admit they watch or follow Jon and Kate?)
I watch The Soup, and they are mentioned a lot. The way Kate treated Jon when they were married reminded me of my dad's second wife. I can understand why he wanted to be with someone else. I don't condone doing it before getting a divorce, though.

As for situations like these I have more respect for people who have several children and have respect for each other, such as you and your wife, or Adam and Karen, or Dave and Jule, etc.

Dogbean

The kids are cute, and they live very close to where I grew up in Pennsylvania, but I think they let fame, money, and corruption get to their heads.

But I think one of the biggest train wrecks is Kate's hair. It looks like some sort of backwards mullet. I just wonder, did the hairdresser mess up and Kate just accepted it? Nobody ever had anything that ridiculous before Kate, so I wonder, if that is what she wanted, how did she explain to the stylist what to do? LOL

Karl der Grosse

My poor wife has become interested in this lately (no one said bed-rest was fun). Too me it's beyond lame, and I fail to see how this is "news" (legit news shows bring them up. Army Major kills a bunch of people, and up next, Kate seen at Walmart!). The fact that they call themselves Christians shows you how little that term now means.

Status
Not open for further replies.